Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-27-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
You've taken the WAR out of the WAR League by removing parity, diminishing everyone's odds at making the playoffs, taking away the opportunity for us to play a variety of teams and pretending that this somehow makes the league more exciting and not less.
I like how pissed you are. It's ADDING to the WAR League!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I'm on Xio's side.
When you finish 20th of 20 teams you have no side. Nobody wants you.

WAR.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How about 10 playoff teams then? Top 6 get Byes in the Playoffs?

Or 8 playoff teams and no byes in the playoffs?

Will that settle the soft heart you have for "lesser" teams?
How about we just go back to the system we used successfully last year. There was absolutely no one clamoring for MORE divisions and FEWER playoff teams.

All we want are balanced and randomized schedules. That means even odds for everyone. Anything else is just senseless. There's no such thing as fantasy football rivalries and you can't cultivate them by creating arbitrary divisions that only restrict teams.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I would seriously consider opening up the playoffs to more teams. Is 8 the magic number?
Old 08-27-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I don't know about this.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

8 is plenty.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When you finish 20th of 20 teams you have no side. Nobody wants you.

WAR.
I had just taken over a ****** team. Give me some time and I'll be gunnin for the ship. JUST GET ME TO THE PLAYOFFS!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D, you've had me, Brodeur, LT, prock, Irish all opposed so far and no one speak in favor of anything you've done. Scottyboy is just confused, apparently. And we already know WMD favored one division.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I had just taken over a ****** team. Give me some time and I'll be gunnin for the ship. JUST GET ME TO THE PLAYOFFS!
All you have to do is best 4 other teams to get there and you have a chance to face them twice! If you do well enough, you could even earn one of the 4 remaining wildcard spots. 8 playoff teams it is!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
All you have to do is best 4 other teams to get there and you have a chance to face them twice! If you do well enough, you could even earn one of the 4 remaining wildcard spots. 8 playoff teams it is!
No one wants four divisions. It restricts competition, not enhances it.

This still makes it more difficult for last year's lesser teams to make the playoffs because it cuts the availability of playoff berths it could earn in half.

There's no such thing as fantasy football rivalries. We don't have a say in how our players perform. We just set the lineups and watch.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
D, you've had me, Brodeur, LT, prock, Irish all opposed so far and no one speak in favor of anything you've done. Scottyboy is just confused, apparently. And we already know WMD favored one division.
...and I won't lie. Democracy will win.

Even if I think that way is boring vanilla and a totally randomized way of producing a real winner.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More importantly, I'm in the market for a running back who will actually get some ******* playing time. I got receivers fo days.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-27-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
No one wants four divisions. It restricts competition, not enhances it.

This still makes it more difficult for last year's lesser teams to make the playoffs because it cuts the availability of playoff berths it could earn in half.

There's no such thing as fantasy football rivalries. We don't have a say in how our players perform. We just set the lineups and watch.
It increases competition. You're just closed minded to seeing it. You act like there is some great and lasting power separation between the best teams and the worst teams. I don't see how any team lacks a chance of winning their division before the season even starts. Every team has a legitimate chance.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would seriously consider opening up the playoffs to more teams. Is 8 the magic number?

I vote hell no. It needs to be tough to get into the playoffs imo. If not all the positives are from making it into the playoffs with a worse seed. Right now draft order is set by record, so I could win 5-6 games a season, sneak into the playoffs, get hot and win the championship, and still have like the 9th pick of the draft while the best team in the league all year just picks 20th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I vote hell no. It needs to be tough to get into the playoffs imo. If not all the positives are from making it into the playoffs with a worse seed. Right now draft order is set by record, so I could win 5-6 games a season, sneak into the playoffs, get hot and win the championship, and still have like the 9th pick of the draft while the best team in the league all year just picks 20th.
This is one reason I changed it from 8 to 6 teams, with the top 2 earning byes.

But I can Xio's stance for keeping it at 8 in order to having an exciting trade deadline before the playoffs start.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
It increases competition. You're just closed minded to seeing it. You act like there is some great and lasting power separation between the best teams and the worst teams. I don't see how any team lacks a chance of winning their division before the season even starts. Every team has a legitimate chance.
No, it diminishes competition. Take prock's team for example. Instead of being able to compete for any of the eight playoff berths in last year's system, he only has three of them available to compete for (division winner, 2 wild cards).

You're gonna have third-place teams in some divisions have better records than second-place teams in others. This ensures that the best teams will NOT, in fact, make the playoffs, which is in complete contradiction of your desire to have the better teams prevail more often.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

I like 8 teams. Final answer.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-27-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's no need to be a dick about this, but to answer your question, yes — Fewer preseason injury losses benefits everyone. There's absolutely no rational reason that we draft so early.

I wasn't being a dick, you asked a general question and then got sensitive because nobody felt sorry for you. What reason did you even pose that question since anyone who answered it somehow came off wrong to you. My point is I don't see the large out cry over starting the draft 2 weeks later and trying to time it perfectly to end the draft 2 days before the season then scramble to get make-up picks in and uploading rosters. If we did the draft 2 weeks later which would be you preferred date your primary injury would have still happened.

It is just my opinion that it wouldn't matter much. Or is that not ok to feel differently then you do? I also don't really think a TON of injuries happen in a span of 2 weeks, which is what we are talking about. Starting the first week of August vs mid July. It's not my league, I don't set the rules, I just chime in and roll with however it goes.

Quote:
Old 08-27-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Can we officially move on from the debate over the number of playoff teams. Eight is the number.

Is anyone other than D in favor of having four divisions instead of two or one where the schedules are both randomized and balanced? Speak up ...
Old 08-27-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I wasn't being a dick, you asked a general question and then got sensitive because nobody felt sorry for you. What reason did you even pose that question since anyone who answered it somehow came off wrong to you. My point is I don't see the large out cry over starting the draft 2 weeks later and trying to time it perfectly to end the draft 2 days before the season then scramble to get make-up picks in and uploading rosters. If we did the draft 2 weeks later which would be you preferred date your primary injury would have still happened.

It is just my opinion that it wouldn't matter much. Or is that not ok to feel differently then you do? I also don't really think a TON of injuries happen in a span of 2 weeks, which is what we are talking about. Starting the first week of August vs mid July. It's not my league, I don't set the rules, I just chime in and roll with however it goes.
I'm not arguing out of personal interest, so stop characterizing that as such. Even if I succeed in pushing the draft back for next year, that won't bring my players back to health this year. I was not looking for sympathy and I'm surely not the only person who is annoyed by preseason injuries.

Ask Commie how he feels that we had to lock in our keepers two months before the NFL season so that we could begin a draft that would end over a month before the season begins. He lost Demaryius Thomas because he got unlucky and kept Percy Harvin instead.

Two weeks makes enough of a difference that we consider it instead of just going with the status quo for undefined and irrational reasoning.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Can we officially move on from the debate over the number of playoff teams. Eight is the number.

Is anyone other than D in favor of having four divisions instead of two or one where the schedules are both randomized and balanced? Speak up ...
All the silences are on my side.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:

Two weeks makes enough of a difference that we consider it instead of just going with the status quo for undefined and irrational reasoning.
I gave you my reasons for it. I didn't even list them for sake of arguing that what you seem to miss on any of your post. You asked peoples thoughts, I gave mine. I would be perfectly fine with moving the draft back 2 or 3 weeks but you need to honestly learn how to handle different opinions without acting condescending. 20 different people tend to cause a ton of different views I'd rather get a bunch of dialogue about it to get a discussion going then have nobody say anything.

Quote:
Old 08-27-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Is anyone gonna give me a running back yet?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-27-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I gave you my reasons for it. I didn't even list them for sake of arguing that what you seem to miss on any of your post. You asked peoples thoughts, I gave mine. I would be perfectly fine with moving the draft back 2 or 3 weeks but you need to honestly learn how to handle different opinions without acting condescending. 20 different people tend to cause a ton of different views I'd rather get a bunch of dialogue about it to get a discussion going then have nobody say anything.
You weren't expressing a different opinion. You were just saying "I don't see what all the fuss is about" and accusing me of seeking sympathy instead of trying to improve the league for everyone.

And there aren't 20 different viewpoints on this matter. You and I are about the only ones who even offered an opinion. The rest of the league just sits back on their hands and doesn't pay attention, so forgive me for making an effort.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm not arguing out of personal interest, so stop characterizing that as such. Even if I succeed in pushing the draft back for next year, that won't bring my players back to health this year. I was not looking for sympathy and I'm surely not the only person who is annoyed by preseason injuries.

Ask Commie how he feels that we had to lock in our keepers two months before the NFL season so that we could begin a draft that would end over a month before the season begins. He lost Demaryius Thomas because he got unlucky and kept Percy Harvin instead.

Anyone else wanna call Bull ****?

That's where it all stemmed. You didn't give a rip about Commie until your injury happened. I give you credit though. You're the master of putting together a case that backs up your cause but people are not all blind sheep. If those are your true feelings then your timing is just awful.

My thing is... if you actually reacted in a way that was less confrontational and controlling in nature, I would listen to you more. But you have a way of overreacting that just makes me want to put a lid on you. When you're commish, we all know you always do what you want to do. Sorry that power doesn't exist here.