Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-27-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Is anyone gonna give me a running back yet?
Let's make a deal... I have more RBs than I know what to do with. PM me an offer.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't bring my player back to health for this season. So yes, I am arguing for the sake of next year. If I was only arguing because I was mad I lost a player to injury, then I wouldn't waste my time continuing to push for a later draft next year.

Seriously, I only asked for someone to present a logical reason why we draft so early. That's how this conversation began.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry no one likes your asinine overhaul of the league setup, D.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I can't bring my player back to health for this season. So yes, I am arguing for the sake of next year. If I was only arguing because I was mad I lost a player to injury, then I wouldn't waste my time continuing to push for a later draft next year.

Seriously, I only asked for someone to present a logical reason why we draft so early. That's how this conversation began.
Because we WAR League broski!!! Where else do we all get to draft Ryan Matthews? And wait for Borat to make his picks because he won't give us his cell number? And wait for Nick Brah to never show up for his picks? And have mid-season trade rentals? And scour the web for news on kick returners? And all for the Turbo Man Trophy!!!!!!

Live. Love. War.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

It'd be nice if for once you guys could address the points and questions I'm making and raising as opposed to getting into tangential debates that become personal rather than discussion for the sake of the league.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You weren't expressing a different opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
My point is I don't see the large out cry over starting the draft 2 weeks later and trying to time it perfectly to end the draft 2 days before the season then scramble to get make-up picks in and uploading rosters. If we did the draft 2 weeks later which would be you preferred date your primary injury would have still happened.

It is just my opinion that it wouldn't matter much. I also don't really think a TON of injuries happen in a span of 2 weeks, which is what we are talking about. Starting the first week of August vs mid July.

How much clearer do I need to make it for you? I gave my opinion, which I just gave you for the 2nd time. I also said I am 100% fine with moving the draft back 2-3 weeks, yet somehow your still crying. It really isn't that complicated unless your a drama queen and well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Sorry no one likes your asinine overhaul of the league setup, D.
It was originally like this and people had fun. You've always tried to change this league because you have never won it. I'm sure you will continue to try to change things until you have found your way to the top. Because we all know the real agenda here is the one that fits Xio. Can't ever happily be a part of something unless it's done your way.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
It'd be nice if for once you guys could address the points and questions I'm making and raising as opposed to getting into tangential debates that become personal rather than discussion for the sake of the league.
The timing of the draft is fine. It involves higher risk, that is true. It takes a little something extra to be the champ in this league.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It was originally like this and people had fun. You've always tried to change this league because you have never won it. I'm sure you will continue to try to change things until you have found your way to the top. Because we all know the real agenda here is the one that fits Xio. Can't ever happily be a part of something unless it's done your way.
I won it two years ago, chief. I beat you in the finals.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's just keep it at one big division

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I won it two years ago, chief. I beat you in the finals.
OK. Dangit. You caught me in my imaginary rambling. Congrats again.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

IF you want to try to remove the randomness of the postseason (as you said you did) and help ensure that the better team prevails more times than not, then you should change to 2-week postseason matchups. You could have an 11-week regular season and a 6-week postseason that maintains 8 playoff teams.

With that said, I don't think we need to change the postseason format. If, as you always argue, this league is supposed to be unforgiving because "it's the WAR," then no change is necessary.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 divisions, 8 playoff teams, leave it as is for the time being. Yeesh, enough of this jibber jabber.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait but I need a RB too sooooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Wait but I need a RB too sooooo
PM D, he has more ****** running backs that won't see the field than he knows what to do with!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because we WAR League broski!!! Where else do we all get to draft Ryan Matthews? And wait for Borat to make his picks because he won't give us his cell number? And wait for Nick Brah to never show up for his picks? And have mid-season trade rentals? And scour the web for news on kick returners? And all for the Turbo Man Trophy!!!!!!

Live. Love. War.
Ahhhh hell. I thought I did a solid job of not holding up the draft this year. I vote for 10 2-team divisions. Rivalreeeeeezzzzzz.

Seriously, I don't care how the league is setup. I happen to enjoy the outrage at the changes though.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Merged Divisions 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 together.

We'll have 2 divisions. 8 playoff teams. No playoff bye weeks.

Division winners will get automatic entrance to the playoffs. After that, I believe it's the next best 6 teams (but don't quote me on that).

Both sides conceed a little with 2 divisions. In a 20 man league with 1 wide open division, we won't face every team. But with 2 10 team divisions each team will face every team in their division once. That guarantees that at least the 2 best teams (division winners) will make the playoffs. You just don't have that in a wide open league where some teams don't face others. There MUST be a battle of the fittest and the truest Champion will shine! WAR.

Everybody happy now? Group hug with Xio in the middle!!!

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-28-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Both sides conceed a little with 2 divisions. In a 20 man league with 1 wide open division, we won't face every team. But with 2 10 team divisions each team will face every team in their division once. That guarantees that at least the 2 best teams (division winners) will make the playoffs. You just don't have that in a wide open league where some teams don't face others. There MUST be a battle of the fittest and the truest Champion will shine! WAR.
I can't possibly envision a scenario in which the second-best team by any metric could be left out of an 8-team playoff group, but sure, we can guard against that imaginary possibility anyways ....
Old 08-28-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I can't possibly envision a scenario in which the second-best team by any metric could be left out of an 8-team playoff group, but sure, we can guard against that imaginary possibility anyways ....
Thanks for being so understanding and sincere.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

You're quite welcome.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You're quite welcome.
Next draft starts in July 2014. See you there!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya so my team is still gonna win it all this year

/championship

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm willing to trade RB Chris Ivory if anyone is interested. I want a upgrade at RB and would be will to add WR Devone Bess to do so...

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I'm willing to trade RB Chris Ivory if anyone is interested. I want a upgrade at RB and would be will to add WR Devone Bess to do so...
Whoa! Not Devone Bess!!! You gotta be kidding me!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Round 2

1. Team marshall (f/ WMD) - Ahmad Bradshaw, RB
2. Team PF - Jeremy Maclin, WR
3. Team WMD (f/ marshall) - Jason Witten, TE
4. Team RaiderNation - Anquan Boldin, WR
5. Team Longhorns - Ryan Tannehill, QB
6. Team Brodeur - Tony Gonzalez, TE
7. Team Xiomera - Ryan Mathews, RB
8. Team KCJ (f/ D-Unit) - Jermichael Finley, TE
9. Team D-Unit (f/ KCJ) - Vernon Davis, TE
10. Team LTGiants - Andre Brown, RB