Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Getting to 53...Roster...

I was bored, and figured I would start taking a look at what I want the roster to look like, at least right now, this is what I got....

2007 Chargers Roster

Quarterback: Philip Rivers, Billy Volek, Charlie Whitehurst (3)
Runningback: LaDainian Tomlinson, Michael Turner, Darren Sproles (3)
Fullback: Lorenzo Neal, Andrew Pinnock (2)
Wide Receiver: Vincent Jackson, Craig Davis, Malcom Floyd, Eric Parker, Kassim Osgood, Legedu Naanee (6)
Tight End: Antonio Gates, Brandon Manumaleuna, Scott Chandler (3)
Left Tackle: Marcus McNeill, Roman Oben (2)
Left Guard: Kris Dielman, Scott Mruczowski (2)
Center: Nick Hardwick, Cory Withrow (2)
Right Guard: Mike Goff (1)
Right Tackle: Shane Olivea, Cory Lekkerkerker (2)

Defensive End: Luis Castillo, Igor Olshansky, Jacques Cesaire, Derrick Robinson (4)
Defensive Tackle: Jamal Williams, Ryan Bingham, Brandon McKinney (3)
Outside Linebacker: Shawne Merriman, Shaun Phillips, Carlos Polk, Marques Harris (4)
Inside Linebacker: Stephen Cooper, Matt Wilhelm, Anthony Waters, Tim Dobbins, Brandon Siler (5)
Cornerback: Quentin Jammer, Drayton Florence, Antonio Cromartie, Paul Oliver (4)
Safety: Marlon McCree, Clinton Hart, Eric Weddle, Bhawoh Jue (4)

Kicker: Nate Kaeding (1)
Punter: Mike Scifres (1)
Long Snapper: David Binn (1)

This lets us keep all our rookies, and a lot of our backups for last year too, so I'd be very happy if we could end up with something like this as our final roster. Unless I added wrong, it is 53, and hopefully I didn't miss anyone on here, I don't think I did.

I don't know who exactly is Practice Squad eligible for us though, or exactly the rules regarding Practice Squads, so I'm just going to include the top eight cuts I have, although I don't think Camarillo is PS eligible for us anymore, I could be wrong. If someone does know which players I listed aren't eligible, let me know.

"Practice Squad"
QB Brett Elliot
RB Tyrone Gross
WR Greg Camarillo
OL Tony Pape
OLB Antwaan Applewhite
ILB Nick Roach
CB Cletis Gordon
OL Jeromey Clary
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SD
Posts: 1,674
Reputation: 1943
sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Ok I researched a little bit about practice squad eligibility, not sure if this is from a reliable source, but it sound right to me.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us
__________________

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
I was bored, and figured I would start taking a look at what I want the roster to look like, at least right now, this is what I got....

2007 Chargers Roster

Quarterback: Philip Rivers, Billy Volek, Charlie Whitehurst (3)
Runningback: LaDainian Tomlinson, Michael Turner, Darren Sproles (3)
Fullback: Lorenzo Neal, Andrew Pinnock (2)
Wide Receiver: Vincent Jackson, Craig Davis, Malcom Floyd, Eric Parker, Kassim Osgood, Legedu Naanee (6)
Tight End: Antonio Gates, Brandon Manumaleuna, Scott Chandler (3)
Left Tackle: Marcus McNeill, Roman Oben (2)
Left Guard: Kris Dielman, Scott Mruczowski (2)
Center: Nick Hardwick, Cory Withrow (2)
Right Guard: Mike Goff (1)
Right Tackle: Shane Olivea, Cory Lekkerkerker (2)

Defensive End: Luis Castillo, Igor Olshansky, Jacques Cesaire, Derrick Robinson (4)
Defensive Tackle: Jamal Williams, Ryan Bingham, Brandon McKinney (3)
Outside Linebacker: Shawne Merriman, Shaun Phillips, Carlos Polk, Marques Harris (4)
Inside Linebacker: Stephen Cooper, Matt Wilhelm, Anthony Waters, Tim Dobbins, Brandon Siler (5)
Cornerback: Quentin Jammer, Drayton Florence, Antonio Cromartie, Paul Oliver (4)
Safety: Marlon McCree, Clinton Hart, Eric Weddle, Bhawoh Jue (4)

Kicker: Nate Kaeding (1)
Punter: Mike Scifres (1)
Long Snapper: David Binn (1)

This lets us keep all our rookies, and a lot of our backups for last year too, so I'd be very happy if we could end up with something like this as our final roster. Unless I added wrong, it is 53, and hopefully I didn't miss anyone on here, I don't think I did.

I don't know who exactly is Practice Squad eligible for us though, or exactly the rules regarding Practice Squads, so I'm just going to include the top eight cuts I have, although I don't think Camarillo is PS eligible for us anymore, I could be wrong. If someone does know which players I listed aren't eligible, let me know.

"Practice Squad"
QB Brett Elliot
RB Tyrone Gross
WR Greg Camarillo
OL Tony Pape
OLB Antwaan Applewhite
ILB Nick Roach
CB Cletis Gordon
OL Jeromey Clary
so you'd rather go with oliver than gordon? i dunno about that..
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SD
Posts: 1,674
Reputation: 1943
sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
so you'd rather go with oliver than gordon? i dunno about that..
From a potential standpoint, and the fact that we used a 4th round draft pick on him, he will most likely be the guy.
__________________

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
so you'd rather go with oliver than gordon? i dunno about that..
To be honest yes. We have much more invested in Oliver, not to mention that we have his potential still to be decided. He had a bad preseason game one, but its not like Gordon lit the world on fire, he sure wasn't very good himself either. There is speculation Oliver could have been the number one corner in next year's draft, its worth keeping him on the roster to find out how much of that is true. It's not like keeping Gordon will do us any better.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
From a potential standpoint, and the fact that we used a 4th round draft pick on him, he will most likely be the guy.
well i dont think so, i think hes gotta earn it. Its not like hes making alot of money, or is somehow more valuable than gordon. 4th cb's arent really on the field all to often but when they are I bet Norv isnt gonna want some kid who is too raw to get the job done.. I'm all for keeping oliver, but i dont want to see him on the field.

I'd rather cut pinnock make legendu the new back up FB and add oliver .. and leave him on the bench
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
Ok I researched a little bit about practice squad eligibility, not sure if this is from a reliable source, but it sound right to me.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us
I don't know how many years each of our guys spent on the practice squad, but I guess that would eliminate at least Camarillo from my original PS.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
well i dont think so, i think hes gotta earn it. Its not like hes making alot of money, or is somehow more valuable than gordon. 4th cb's arent really on the field all to often but when they are I bet Norv isnt gonna want some kid who is too raw to get the job done.. I'm all for keeping oliver, but i dont want to see him on the field.

I'd rather cut pinnock make legendu the new back up FB and add oliver .. and leave him on the bench
I though about that too, after all, Naanee is going to be used as somewhat of an H-Back, if he's used this year at all.

But I'd rather keep Pinnock then Gordon. Gordon has shown he won't get it done, and he's not near as valuable, or even shown he belongs there much more then Oliver. Oliver's potential aside, do you really think we would have taken him in the supplemental if AJ wasn't big on him? And on top of that, the 4th CB this year isn't just a 4th CB, he's being groomed to be the nickel the year after that.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
I though about that too, after all, Naanee is going to be used as somewhat of an H-Back, if he's used this year at all.

But I'd rather keep Pinnock then Gordon. Gordon has shown he won't get it done, and he's not near as valuable, or even shown he belongs there much more then Oliver. Oliver's potential aside, do you really think we would have taken him in the supplemental if AJ wasn't big on him? And on top of that, the 4th CB this year isn't just a 4th CB, he's being groomed to be the nickel the year after that.

Maybe i'm wrong but i last left off with our conversation ending with us agreeing Oliver was slow... Gordon is a small guy whos pretty quick- like a nickel
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
Maybe i'm wrong but i last left off with our conversation ending with us agreeing Oliver was slow... Gordon is a small guy whos pretty quick- like a nickel
I agree, Oliver looked slow in the game, and Gordon may be a small, faster, guy. I'd still rather wait on Oliver and see what he can do though, then go wtih Gordon. I don't have faith in either of them right now, but the difference is, I'll never have faith in Gordon, whereas Oliver I may have faith in down the road. Who knows if it was speed or inexperience that was the reason for his poor performance. We'll see more in the season though to judge better, but I think Oliver makes the roster. Whether Gordon does too is yet to be seen, in my opinion. Although at first I did have Gordon making the roster, with 5 CB's, and cutting either McKinney, Siler or Pinnock. So who knows, Gordon certianly is quicker, but I'd rather keep Oliver there, if I had to choose.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
I agree, Oliver looked slow in the game, and Gordon may be a small, faster, guy. I'd still rather wait on Oliver and see what he can do though, then go wtih Gordon. I don't have faith in either of them right now, but the difference is, I'll never have faith in Gordon, whereas Oliver I may have faith in down the road. Who knows if it was speed or inexperience that was the reason for his poor performance. We'll see more in the season though to judge better, but I think Oliver makes the roster. Whether Gordon does too is yet to be seen, in my opinion. Although at first I did have Gordon making the roster, with 5 CB's, and cutting either McKinney, Siler or Pinnock. So who knows, Gordon certianly is quicker, but I'd rather keep Oliver there, if I had to choose.
Again, I just would like to see oliver play a little bit more and in a different scenario (just like weddle) before i decide on anything.. but as of now what i do know is this: Gordon is a veteran...

Also, whats AJ's track record on picking up CB's.. we don't know anything on cro yet...
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
Again, I just would like to see oliver play a little bit more and in a different scenario (just like weddle) before i decide on anything.. but as of now what i do know is this: Gordon is a veteran...

Also, whats AJ's track record on picking up CB's.. we don't know anything on cro yet...
Yeah, but by that same logic, Pinnock is a veteran, why would you prefer Naanee over him?

I'm not debating that decision, but him being a veteran only means so much.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Yeah, but by that same logic, Pinnock is a veteran, why would you prefer Naanee over him?

I'm not debating that decision, but him being a veteran only means so much.
yes hes a veteran but its not the same position which makes it different. first, you know that running back is the easiest position for a rookie... a fullback isnt very differtn..

basically i dont think it matters whos the backup fullback, but i dont want someone playing defense who can be picked apart..
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
yes hes a veteran but its not the same position which makes it different. first, you know that running back is the easiest position for a rookie... a fullback isnt very differtn..

basically i dont think it matters whos the backup fullback, but i dont want someone playing defense who can be picked apart..
You honestly don't think Gordon can be picked apart just as easy as Oliver? The difference between the two is Oliver is loaded with potential, but Gordon isn't very much at all.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
You honestly don't think Gordon can be picked apart just as easy as Oliver? The difference between the two is Oliver is loaded with potential, but Gordon isn't very much at all.

So you see them as equal. You say that Oliver is just as good as Gordon whos a veteran at a position which strives on experience, and that his potential gives him the nod? i'll give you one thing, the potential gives him the nod, gordon seems to be all hes ever gonna be, but hes a finished product. Despite what you may think, they are not equal, and oliver needs more time. we're trying to win the super bowl before thats the playoffs.. the afc is so tough so every game counts.. what if oliver gets beat for tds that end up losing us the game? hey even cromartie got burned by a simple double move.. gordon may not be the better prospect but hes better for now-
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
So you see them as equal. You say that Oliver is just as good as Gordon whos a veteran at a position which strives on experience, and that his potential gives him the nod? i'll give you one thing, the potential gives him the nod, gordon seems to be all hes ever gonna be, but hes a finished product. Despite what you may think, they are not equal, and oliver needs more time. we're trying to win the super bowl before thats the playoffs.. the afc is so tough so every game counts.. what if oliver gets beat for tds that end up losing us the game? hey even cromartie got burned by a simple double move.. gordon may not be the better prospect but hes better for now-
But if we're relying on Gordon to make a play to win us a game anyway, we're screwed no matter what the result is. Gordon's a finished product, and he's no good. Oliver has one game under his belt so far, and a preseason game at that. I don't see us depending on our fourth corner desperately at all this year, but if we do, no matter who it is, Oliver or Gordon, we're not in great hands for this year anyway.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
But if we're relying on Gordon to make a play to win us a game anyway, we're screwed no matter what the result is. Gordon's a finished product, and he's no good. Oliver has one game under his belt so far, and a preseason game at that. I don't see us depending on our fourth corner desperately at all this year, but if we do, no matter who it is, Oliver or Gordon, we're not in great hands for this year anyway.

you kinda missed it a little.. i didnt say we would be depending on them.. what im sayin is that gordon would be less likely to be exposed because hes a veteran.. whereas a raw rookie could easily be

basically gordon is less likely to screw things up- by no means is he a catalyst
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
you kinda missed it a little.. i didnt say we would be depending on them.. what im sayin is that gordon would be less likely to be exposed because hes a veteran.. whereas a raw rookie could easily be

basically gordon is less likely to screw things up- by no means is he a catalyst
Eh, I get what you mean, there's less things he could screw up because he won't be making rookie mistakes, whereas Oliver, being more raw then most rookies, could...is that right?

Even so, Gordon won't be stopping much of anyone this year, and I'm willing to let it ride on Oliver being the 4th corner this year. For all we know, we may carry five corners, we'll have to wait and see...Anyway, what it comes down to is my perferring Oliver's potential, and your perferring Gordon's exp...which no amount of debate will end.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SD
Posts: 1,674
Reputation: 1943
sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
you kinda missed it a little.. i didnt say we would be depending on them.. what im sayin is that gordon would be less likely to be exposed because hes a veteran.. whereas a raw rookie could easily be

basically gordon is less likely to screw things up- by no means is he a catalyst
You have to remember that Florence is probably leaving after the end of the year so we will need a #3 corner for next year. I know that this team is built to win now, but you have to think about the future aswell. Usually the #4 corner doesn't play in pressure moments so his inexperience shouldn't hurt us too much.
__________________

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
You have to remember that Florence is probably leaving after the end of the year so we will need a #3 corner for next year. I know that this team is built to win now, but you have to think about the future aswell. Usually the #4 corner doesn't play in pressure moments so his inexperience shouldn't hurt us too much.

id rather both made the team so you could pick and choose when to use oliver, i understand that experience would be very valuable to him, and inturn us as well... but if i had to choose between the two, unless oliver shows he can play... then gordon should get the nod..
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Eh, I get what you mean, there's less things he could screw up because he won't be making rookie mistakes, whereas Oliver, being more raw then most rookies, could...is that right?

Even so, Gordon won't be stopping much of anyone this year, and I'm willing to let it ride on Oliver being the 4th corner this year. For all we know, we may carry five corners, we'll have to wait and see...Anyway, what it comes down to is my perferring Oliver's potential, and your perferring Gordon's exp...which no amount of debate will end.

yes your right..

the debate will go nowhere i agree.. i'm just not convinced that oliver is a top-prospect.. which makes me reluctant to over value his potential..
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Andrew Pinnock is a lot more visible this Chargers training camp. Still stuck as the backup fullback, he is getting his work on special teams and figures to play a lot there this season. "I worked hard this summer," said Pinnock, who is lighter and quicker this season. "Whatever I'm needed, I'm having fun doing." Pinnock, active for just three games last year, is among the possible successors to backup running back Michael Turner for 2008, but he knows how he will get on the field in '07. He is working on the punt, punt-return and kickoff-return teams. -- San Diego Union-Tribune



looks like pinnock isnt going anywhere...
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:42 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 599
Reputation: 31395
KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

What do you all think of that kid you all signed as an UDFA out of Fresno State, Louis Leonard? I watched you allís games against the Seahawks and Rams and he kinda caught my attention. Heís a pretty big kid and seems to have some hustle to him, eventhough lack of hustle was one of the knocks against him coming out of college. I know heís like 4th on you allís depth chart behind Williams, McKinney, and Bingham. But I thought this kid showed some real potential the last two weeks.

What are you allís thoughts on him and his chances of making your final roster?
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
What do you all think of that kid you all signed as an UDFA out of Fresno State, Louis Leonard? I watched you allís games against the Seahawks and Rams and he kinda caught my attention. Heís a pretty big kid and seems to have some hustle to him, eventhough lack of hustle was one of the knocks against him coming out of college. I know heís like 4th on you allís depth chart behind Williams, McKinney, and Bingham. But I thought this kid showed some real potential the last two weeks.

What are you allís thoughts on him and his chances of making your final roster?
slim



Chargers first-round pick Craig Davis has settled in as the team's starting receiver opposite Vincent Jackson.
Beat writer Kevin Acee says Davis could retain the job once Eric Parker gets back from his bum toe.
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 599
Reputation: 31395
KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
slim



Chargers first-round pick Craig Davis has settled in as the team's starting receiver opposite Vincent Jackson.
Beat writer Kevin Acee says Davis could retain the job once Eric Parker gets back from his bum toe.
Yeah, I kinda figured you all wouldnít keep 4 NTs. I think Leonard has some skill. I think anyone needing a backup 3-4 or 4-3 NT should take a real good look at this kid. Because I think with some development he can really help some team in time.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.