Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-15-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default video games loosing their intrest

is it just me or does it seem that all the new games that come out are lacking in replay value. it seemed back when ps1 and n64 were new all the games were tremendously fun and had great replay value.

Then the gamecube ps2 and xbox came out. some of the games still have good replay value but not many.

so i pose this question have video game producers changed the focus from gameplay value to graphics. or is it just me growing older and loosing my interest for playing video games

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

probably both... mostly for 360 and PS3 it is graphics over gameplay because they need to use all the "power".

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdlaxbonz13 View Post
is it just me or does it seem that all the new games that come out are lacking in replay value. it seemed back when ps1 and n64 were new all the games were tremendously fun and had great replay value.

Then the gamecube ps2 and xbox came out. some of the games still have good replay value but not many.

so i pose this question have video game producers changed the focus from gameplay value to graphics. or is it just me growing older and loosing my interest for playing video games
want a game with great replay value? Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2: Prequel) It has 6 storylines.. 4 classes for each character (6 chars) and 3 end bosses..

It's amazing.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i don't think ill even buy a ps3 or xbox360 they just don't seem worth it

Old 08-15-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
want a game with great replay value? Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2: Prequel) It has 6 storylines.. 4 classes for each character (6 chars) and 3 end bosses..

It's amazing.
what system is it for

holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

I agree.. the old school games were the best.

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI
holtfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't think ill even buy a ps3 or xbox360 they just don't seem worth it
wii is alright... not really all that great..

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
wii is alright... not really all that great..
believe it or not my mom bought a wii for herself

Old 08-15-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's just you getting older.

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
believe it or not my mom bought a wii for herself
buy old video games on it... like 5 dollars for old nes games.

Quote:

Old 08-15-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

lol sad thing is i only just turned 19

Old 08-15-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't think its getting older because i still love playing snes games

in fact in last month i have beat the following

Super Metroid
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Final Fantasy IV, V, & VI
Chorno Trigger
Diddy Kong Country 1

they are as fun ever, and u can beat em in like a 3rd the time of you have emulator because you can go with like 5x speed

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
buy old video games on it... like 5 dollars for old nes games.
why pay for something you can use for free?

mcdlaxbonz13,

It was for SuperNES. Download a SNES Emulator, buy yourself a Logitech USB gamepad, install the drivers, setup the controller in the emulator (Znes is my personal preference).

Search then for SNES roms.. Play all the old RPGS:

Arcania
Breath of Fire 1 + 2
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Final Fantasy 2+3
Illusion of Gaia
Secret of Evermore
Secret of Mana 1+2 (2 = Seiken Densetsu 3)
Soul Blazer
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Terranigma
Ultima - Runes of Virtue
Ultima VI/VII

When you download the Roms make sure to get an English version.. the nice things about roms..

1) You can get RPGs/Games that weren't originally offered in English(Japanese only... hence Terranigma/Seiken Densetsu)..
2) Cheaper than trying to find a SNES thats reliable and these slowly disappearing games.
3) They run just as well on your pc.

I have a laptop that hooks up to my TV.. so I run my games through that and my gamepad as well, it's nice playing SNES on a 56" TV through my laptop.

even if you don't get the gamepad you can still use the keyboard and they're great for getting old games.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
i don't think its getting older because i still love playing snes games

in fact in last month i have beat the following

Super Metroid
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Final Fantasy IV, V, & VI
Chorno Trigger
Diddy Kong Country 1

they are as fun ever, and u can beat em in like a 3rd the time of you have emulator because you can go with like 5x speed
I did Mario RPG, SOM and I'm working on Seiken Densetsu 3 (SOM2)..

Next I have Chrono Trigger lined up.. then Probably Secret of Evermore.

I love emulators.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

agreed emulators may be one of the greatest creations ever

Old 08-15-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
agreed emulators may be one of the greatest creations ever
since you know what they are.. use em.

Like I said, just find a nice controller to use in your USB port (like 20-30 dollars) and you'll be living up the great days of video games.

I will go as far as to say... Seiken Densetsu 3 is the only Squaresoft RPG that rivals it's own FFVII

Old 08-15-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

wow to rival ffVII is no small task at all

Old 08-15-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

EA and the Next Gen go hand in hand. Both produce pretty images, but are lacking and play like ****.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dynasty warriors and samurai warriors have many different story lines and simple gameplay
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

yea ive played the dynasty warriors good series, and i have played seiken densetsu 3, just forgot its title.

i just wish things would go back to the days when graphics didn't really mean a whole lot, it was all about the replay value because if i pay 50+$ for a new game, it better last me at least 4 months

Old 08-15-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea ive played the dynasty warriors good series, and i have played seiken densetsu 3, just forgot its title.

i just wish things would go back to the days when graphics didn't really mean a whole lot, it was all about the replay value because if i pay 50+$ for a new game, it better last me at least 4 months
madden is a game that should get me a year
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
wow to rival ffVII is no small task at all
Like I said:

Amazing Graphics for the SNES. Simply amazing.

2) Great replay and gameplay.

When you initially start you can choose between 6 characters.. your main character, your secondary character and your 3rd character. But they all tie their story lines together.

I picked the Knight, Mage-Girl and Theif. They give you backgrounds on each one.

From a walkthrough:

Prologue

SD3 is, IMHO, probably SquareSoft's best RPG ever, but when I looked for FAQs
and walkthrus, I could only find specialised docs (like "FAQ for Kevin" or
"FAQ for Angela".) And most of them were a bit vague as to where to go. So,
what I've decided to do is to write an in-depth FAQ/Walkthru that holds for
_ALL_ characters with _CLEAR_ descriptions as to where to go and what to do.
(At the time I started this FAQ, there were little or no FAQs that did this.)
I won't say "go here" or "go there" because it's very easy to get lost en
route. Believe me, I know. Because I'll be writing this FAQ for all
characters, the FAQ will end up both being very large and long and some of
the walkthru will NOT be relevant to you, depending on who your main
character is. For example, when you look for Zable Fahr (the Dark God-Beast),
he will be in different places in the game depending on who your main
character is. At this point, I'll split my walkthru into three parts. This
is because there are three different possible routes through the game, each
determined by the main character (from hereon known as "the hero.") The routes are Duran/Angela, Carlie/Kevin and Lise/Hawk. The characters in each of the pairs have stories that overlap (i.e. interconnect.) For example, Angela lives in Althena which is going to try and invade Duran's home town of Forcena, so their stories will connect. Carlie and Kevin are the same age (15), and both have had bad experiences with the Death Jester (see the walkthru for further information). Hawk lives in the Navarre Fortress and they are trying to invade Lise's home, the Wind Kingdom Rolante, so their stories will also connect.

I believe there are 3 different storylines (as it states) 6 different characters for a total of I believe 120 different character/storyline combinations..

not to mention that there are "Class Changes".. when you level up you can choose to go Light or dark class change..
Code:
                       Light
                      / 
                     /
              Light
            /        \
           /          \
Beginner            Dark
          \          Light
           \       / 
             Dark
                   \
                    Dark
Sorry bad drawing..

But the game has so many possible variations.. it's hard not to play it through a few times.

The Seiken Densetsu Series:

1: Released as Final Fantasy Adventure on Gameboy

2: Released as Secret of Mana on SNES

3: (Non US Release) Released in Japan only (Which is probably would have been a killer seller)

4: Released for PSone as "Legend of Mana"

5: was supposed ot be released on PS2 last year but I haven't heard word.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
EA and the Next Gen go hand in hand. Both produce pretty images, but are lacking and play like ****.
Exactly.. the HD Revolution..

Who cares about replay value or Depth of storyline or anything to make the game last longer than 3 months.. when it looks pretty.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Exactly.. the HD Revolution..

Who cares about replay value or Depth of storyline or anything to make the game last longer than 3 months.. when it looks pretty.
Which is why I am enraged to see the shittiest games selling the most copies, simply because of the name it holds. Also, what is with the fantasy league thing in your sig. I have been interested for quite a while.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Which is why I am enraged to see the shittiest games selling the most copies, simply because of the name it holds. Also, what is with the fantasy league thing in your sig. I have been interested for quite a while.
it's in the fantasy forums.. look for National Fantasy league.. Man of Steel got suspended for like a week for calling someone a name.. So wait till he comes back and you can get into next years draft... or be a gm/Coach/Agent.