Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 08-19-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
but if im not mistaken we got the FF on the play no? mistackles happen, i felt he could start and not be a weakness...
We did get a FF on the play, in no part due to him though. He made very few plays that left me saying this guy is a starter. He's a weakness if he's a starter. We may be able to plug him in here and there, but he's the weakspot on the defense if he is in there, because he can't get off blocks.

Quote:
Very good detailed analysis though very strong effort... I gues you didnt feel it was necessary to pour on the positives about hart because i felt he was outstanding... plus did you see if davis taking more of a bigger role?
I said Hart played well, I didn't go into great detail about it, but he clearly outpreformed Weddle last night. I felt Davis took a bigger role, for the second time in a row the first play of the game went to him, and he was targeted four times in the first half (at least four, I'm not sure if ther were others), which is good considering all the targets the ball was being spread too.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
We did get a FF on the play, in no part due to him though. He made very few plays that left me saying this guy is a starter. He's a weakness if he's a starter. We may be able to plug him in here and there, but he's the weakspot on the defense if he is in there, because he can't get off blocks.

I said Hart played well, I didn't go into great detail about it, but he clearly outpreformed Weddle last night. I felt Davis took a bigger role, for the second time in a row the first play of the game went to him, and he was targeted four times in the first half (at least four, I'm not sure if ther were others), which is good considering all the targets the ball was being spread too.
What about Mcneil? i thought he was very dominant, especially in the run game where he was amaaazzinngg .. the runs by turner were almost always allowed because of him.. hes never been a highly touted pass blocker so i wouldnt say hes missed a step... its the run game that makes him dominant but why am i telling you this you know that ..

as for Hart i felt he knived in and cut some rbs at the knees several times.. i was thinking his outstanding play was moreso in the run game where he was very aggressive.. his pass defense was so so.. avg pick...

Dobbins wouldnt be the weakness because i feel that he isnt a super star but isnt a bad player. He plays N to S very well and E to W servicably... D-flo is the major weakness on the tema as well as the middle of the field where a MLB would be playing in a 4-3 but nobody is in a 3-4

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
What about Mcneil? i thought he was very dominant, especially in the run game where he was amaaazzinngg .. the runs by turner were almost always allowed because of him.. hes never been a highly touted pass blocker so i wouldnt say hes missed a step... its the run game that makes him dominant but why am i telling you this you know that ..
What? Never a highly touted pass blocker? One of his biggest positives coming out of Auburn was that he never allowed a sack in like 41 games? Even last year a lot of his talk was about how he only allowed like 2 sacks with broken hands and everything? A lot of his praise comes from his pass-blocking abilities. And I said also the O-Line played very well in the run blocking game. I'm not going to go through each individual linemen on things like that, the only time linemen really stick out, inidvidually, is when they make a mistkae, which is what I noted for McNeill. And he did flat out miss a block on the goal line that hurt us. He played well, I just pointed out those two things.

Quote:
as for Hart i felt he knived in and cut some rbs at the knees several times.. i was thinking his outstanding play was moreso in the run game where he was very aggressive.. his pass defense was so so.. avg pick...
Hart looked good in the run support yes, so did Weddle, its where both of them excel. What I thought seperated the two was that while Weddle was out of position in some coverage plays, Hart was in position, and that showed when he was able to make the interception when Flo was burnt, and when Weddle couldn't stop that 3rd and 17.

Quote:
Dobbins wouldnt be the weakness because i feel that he isnt a super star but isnt a bad player. He plays N to S very well and E to W servicably... D-flo is the major weakness on the tema as well as the middle of the field where a MLB would be playing in a 4-3 but nobody is in a 3-4
I'm not gonna argue Dobbins anymore, he is a weakness if he is out there. He's not starting material, and although you can't single him out like you can a corner, he hurts us by being out there.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
What? Never a highly touted pass blocker? One of his biggest positives coming out of Auburn was that he never allowed a sack in like 41 games? Even last year a lot of his talk was about how he only allowed like 2 sacks with broken hands and everything? A lot of his praise comes from his pass-blocking abilities. And I said also the O-Line played very well in the run blocking game. I'm not going to go through each individual linemen on things like that, the only time linemen really stick out, inidvidually, is when they make a mistkae, which is what I noted for McNeill. And he did flat out miss a block on the goal line that hurt us. He played well, I just pointed out those two things.

Hart looked good in the run support yes, so did Weddle, its where both of them excel. What I thought seperated the two was that while Weddle was out of position in some coverage plays, Hart was in position, and that showed when he was able to make the interception when Flo was burnt, and when Weddle couldn't stop that 3rd and 17.

I'm not gonna argue Dobbins anymore, he is a weakness if he is out there. He's not starting material, and although you can't single him out like you can a corner, he hurts us by being out there.

I just feel that Hart was the defensive mvp of that game... whereas weddle was so so.. i felt if weddle was more of a veteran he would be more knowledable of hte system and wouldnt falter so i like his future prospects..

as for mcneil the pass blocking thing was not something he was highly touted for in the NFL... i didnt say he wasnt good at it.. as for run blocking i feel hes the best LT in the league hands down so i just felt it was a little unfair to point out the mistakes and group him in with the positives when i felt he stood out.. thats all that was

sig by bosanac01
Old 08-19-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I just feel that Hart was the defensive mvp of that game... whereas weddle was so so.. i felt if weddle was more of a veteran he would be more knowledable of hte system and wouldnt falter so i like his future prospects..

as for mcneil the pass blocking thing was not something he was highly touted for in the NFL... i didnt say he wasnt good at it.. as for run blocking i feel hes the best LT in the league hands down so i just felt it was a little unfair to point out the mistakes and group him in with the positives when i felt he stood out.. thats all that was
I agree...I said Weddle was so-so, and that Hart outplayed him at least in this game...Shaun Phillips was Defensive MVP in my mind though.

McNeill was a highly touted pass-blocker. He's a great run blocker too, as evidenced by LT's left-side success, but he was also very good with pass blocking.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Quote:
I agree...I said Weddle was so-so, and that Hart outplayed him at least in this game...Shaun Phillips was Defensive MVP in my mind though.

McNeill was a highly touted pass-blocker. He's a great run blocker too, as evidenced by LT's left-side success, but he was also very good with pass blocking.
Whats kind of funny is that since i've been so cautious of praising weddle, i couldn't say hart, his competition, played well without simultaneously slighting weddle... I apologize for that you dont need to defend weddle i was just trying to point out good play and i was not trying to say he should start because of it or weddle is bad...

as for mcneil out of college we all thought that he was gonna be the big pass blocker we had heard of, but it turned out that he was a great run blocker. As far as elite LT's go nobody expects him to keep up with them in the pass blocking department (or at least i dont) but i expect him to be one of the most dominant run blocking T's in the league every game

sig by bosanac01