Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 08-21-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.
Default Rivals 100 2009 discussion thread

I confess that I've gotten so caught up in recruiting that I'm absolutely thrilled to see that Rivals released their 100 to watch list for 2009 . Most of the top recruits this year have chosen schools already, so it's nice to have a new set of recruits to hope your school gets.

100 to watch list:
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank...09&ra_key=1936

If anyone wants to join in and talk about next year already, this is the thread.

SC has a great start already with TE Morrell Pressley and LB Marquis Simmons commited. Both should be 5 stars. I also like 'SC's chances with Matt Barkley.

Looks like a good year for skill positions in CA this year. Also, Arizona has two DE prospects that look really good in Devon Kennard and Corey Adams. Hopefully 'SC can get them.
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:22 AM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Vondrae Tostenson doesn't make the top 100? Watch list or not, and Tostenson's attitude not withstanding, that is just plain freakin' nuts.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
DWilliams2IndyColts
Veteran

DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NVM. I think for Barkley's sake he should go somewhere else but he'll probably go SC. I don't like the lack of RB's

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
Record: 7-3

Last edited by DWilliams2IndyColts : 08-21-2007 at 02:25 AM. Reason: I thought I was in CFB
DWilliams2IndyColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LB-Jordan Whiting, DT-John Simon, DT-Marcus Hall, S-Darrell Mason, LB-Julius Ferrell, and OG-Ricky Harris are all on there and if offered all are gonna be Buckeyes. LB-Dorian Bell has a good shot at becoming a Buckeye too. I'm suprised that Storm Klein is not on there.

I noticed they put JJ Suber on there from Newberry HS. That's just down the road from my house, about ten minutes away. Don't usually see anyone from there on these recruiting databases.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keenan Davis- WR, Cedar Rapids, IA...

no idea who he is or how good he is, but if he is on the watch list hopefully he's pretty talented and hopefully the Hawks can land him since he's from like 30 mins away from Iowa City, and now we have openings at WR cuz DD and Bowman are morons
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only guy that Michigan has is DT Will Campbell out of Cass Tech. I don't know much about him, other than the fact that he's huge at 6'4" 330.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
LB-Jordan Whiting, DT-John Simon, DT-Marcus Hall, S-Darrell Mason, LB-Julius Ferrell, and OG-Ricky Harris are all on there and if offered all are gonna be Buckeyes. LB-Dorian Bell has a good shot at becoming a Buckeye too. I'm suprised that Storm Klein is not on there.

I noticed they put JJ Suber on there from Newberry HS. That's just down the road from my house, about ten minutes away. Don't usually see anyone from there on these recruiting databases.
I kinda have a feeling Storm Klein might be that years version of Sam McGuffie...

I really hope Mich can snag Larry Caper, he should be a 5 star from what im hearing. If we don't get him he better not end up at ND or OSU.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Theo Riddick is the truth. The next big RB for Rutgers.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From all I've heard Caper is Michigan's to lose.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Nice to finally see a couple Philly players on that list.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moses Alipate
Larry Caper

only 2 with interest in Wisconsin. kinda disappointing, but Wisconsin has never been a big time recruit school. They are good at finding good players that aren't the big names. However, with their recent success I think more recruits will start to consider Wisconsin as an option.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Nice to finally see a couple Philly players on that list.
Very surprising too. Do you know anything about Stokes?
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
Very surprising too. Do you know anything about Stokes?
Dont know much about Stokes, but I do know Savage was held back in the 8th grade. So he is really supposed to be entering his senior season. The school he goes to O'Hara also has another kid coming in this year as a freshman who was also held back in 8th grade who is supposed to be the next "Savage". He will be Savages backup this year as a freshman.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can you PM or post local articles about Savage having any favorites through the year? I've heard extreme polar opposite opinions about him so I don't even know if PSU will offer but we'll have a connection to him with Wedderburn.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Javzz
Veteran

Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

LA is pretty stacked for 09 as well. Michael Ford is the top prospect as of now. Some OM rivals guy said Chris Davenport was one of the best DT prospects he'd ever seen at a scout camp recently. Rueben Randle should be one of the top WR prospects. Recruiting wise I know Michael Ford/Chris Davenport/DJ Fluker all look pretty good LSU wise. I know nothing of Montrell Connor or Rueben Randle school interests. Dj Banks may be the first big Saban/Miles LA battle.

Suprised Jacob Karam didn't get on the list.

rainbeaukid
Javzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keenan Davis is a baller and future Hawkeye.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

Glenn Dorsey, Marlon Favorite, Al Woods, and now Chris Davenport.

What are they feeding the kids in LA? I wish California had that kind of DT talent these last few years.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
From all I've heard Caper is Michigan's to lose.
Ya so was Ronald Johnson...
Old 08-21-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully, Dennis Erickson will lure Devon Kennard to Tempe. I'm not sure he's as good as Everson Griffen was but it appears that ASU has a much better shot with Kennard than they ever had with Griffen.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This list will look nothing like what the first ranked top 100 will. Heck, last year 5 star wide receiver Devier Posey wasn't even on a pre-evaluation radar at this point.

With that said, I'm amazed Storm Klein isn't on the list. He's going to be a star linebacker wherever he goes. Looks like Andy Katzenmoyer athletically, but with the IQ of a normal human being.

Chris Fields isn't getting any hype he deserves right now, but will probably be in the top 100 at one point or another.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

I'm really hoping my Hoosiers can land Morgan Newton as our first big-time recruit in quite a while. I'm starting to doubt that will happen however, since scouts from Florida and Michigan were both spotted at his last game and he's been in contact with some other big time schools.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Javzz
Veteran

Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho@SC View Post
Glenn Dorsey, Marlon Favorite, Al Woods, and now Chris Davenport.

What are they feeding the kids in LA? I wish California had that kind of DT talent these last few years.
I don't know, but DLine has been our strongpoint for a long time now. The longline of LA talent at the position goes back way before Dorsey. Watch out for Drake Nevis too.

I certainly wouldn't mind having the California talent here. Moreso the entire west coast,as it seems you guys get whomever you want from the area.

rainbeaukid
Javzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
This list will look nothing like what the first ranked top 100 will. Heck, last year 5 star wide receiver Devier Posey wasn't even on a pre-evaluation radar at this point.

With that said, I'm amazed Storm Klein isn't on the list. He's going to be a star linebacker wherever he goes. Looks like Andy Katzenmoyer athletically, but with the IQ of a normal human being.

Chris Fields isn't getting any hype he deserves right now, but will probably be in the top 100 at one point or another.
Klein will be on the list in due time. He's pretty much only a RB up to this point. He's gonna play a lot more linebacker during his junior and senior years.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice to see a couple NE guys. J. Forrest West is from Conn., I never saw him play, but I hear he is a beast. Josh Adams (Cambridge, MA) is a big, strong receiver with speed that is nothing better than average right now. I played against him at a camp and he was very impressive, if he works on his speed he could be simething special. He could be the 1st Massachusetts player to make the final rivals 100 since Gloucester DE Jim Unis did in 2002. He was a beast who signed with BC and tore it up in the AA game but he had his career cut short due to concussions. Corey Eason (DE, Mansfield) made the top 250 last year and was considered a near miss for the top 100. He signed with BC and is looking great.
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

If anyone has seen video of Californa ATH Cierre Wood, what would you say his legit 40 time is?

Rivals has him listed at 4.63 but he looks faster than his game film. Maybe not Desean Jackson/Percy Harvin fast but pretty fast. Intriguing prospect