Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 08-21-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.
Default Olsen/Benson

What are they going to accomplish this year in your opinions?

Is Olsen going to start? And if so, will he get many balls thrown his way?

Hows Benson looking in training camp so far? Can I exspect his numbers to double now that Jones is gone?
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
What are they going to accomplish this year in your opinions?

Is Olsen going to start? And if so, will he get many balls thrown his way?

Hows Benson looking in training camp so far? Can I exspect his numbers to double now that Jones is gone?
Olsen probably won't supplant Desmond Clark as starter unless he really burns it up in the beginning of the season. He should see a significant amount of playing time with Turner supposedly utilizing more two TE sets.

I think my initial estimate for Benson was 1400 yds rushing but it will be highly dependent on our ability to establish a passing game.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Olsen probably won't supplant Desmond Clark as starter unless he really burns it up in the beginning of the season. He should see a significant amount of playing time with Turner supposedly utilizing more two TE sets.

I think my initial estimate for Benson was 1400 yds rushing but it will be highly dependent on our ability to establish a passing game.
1400 seems a bit high but you never know he was a first rounder for a reason...

im thinking max 1200 tho
Old 08-21-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think 1200 for Benson is more than enough. But if he plays like he did last night, he would be lucky to get 1000yrds. Despite the line not playing to well, I just think he didnt try at all. I have seen where he accelerates, and doesnt go down quick, and last night was just terrible. Its preseason, but preseason can also be a preview. Lets just hope that that was not how he will play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I think 1200 for Benson is more than enough. But if he plays like he did last night, he would be lucky to get 1000yrds. Despite the line not playing to well, I just think he didnt try at all. I have seen where he accelerates, and doesnt go down quick, and last night was just terrible. Its preseason, but preseason can also be a preview. Lets just hope that that was not how he will play.
If he would have followed that screen behind Ruben Brown properly he probably could have gone all the way.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
If he would have followed that screen behind Ruben Brown properly he probably could have gone all the way.
Haha, I was yelling at the TV because of that. "You IDIOT!" Thats pretty much what I was saying for a good 5 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Haha, I was yelling at the TV because of that. "You IDIOT!" Thats pretty much what I was saying for a good 5 minutes
Ruben DID make a good effort to get outside, and rex played the misdirection perfectly. Ruben didn't really get a great block either. and a great block woulda meant that I could get 25 yards.

Give benson the ball on the ground. Give screens to hester.
oh wait.

i have yet to see hester line up in the Backfield. I suppose there'll be a time sometime when that happens.

i still think benson can pull off 1200. it's not like the extra 200 yards will translate into much if he's not producing the touchdowns. i want to see him more in the redzone.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive been unimpressed with Benson. In my opinion Benson SHOULD be trying his darndest to let the fans know he cares. He has a bad image in the city, and I think he should be trying to rectify it.

Olsen i havent seen a ton. What I have seen I liked but im definately reserving judgement.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
ive been unimpressed with Benson. In my opinion Benson SHOULD be trying his darndest to let the fans know he cares. He has a bad image in the city, and I think he should be trying to rectify it.

Olsen i havent seen a ton. What I have seen I liked but im definately reserving judgement.
I have no problem if he slacks off in Preseason to try and avoid a pointless injury and keep himself as fresh as possible for the season. I say 1200-1400 yards would be a good estimate for Benson.

Olsen won't start out as the starter at TE, but depending on how he does, he could become the starter. He will be likely used as the 2nd TE and split out a receiver every so often. Plus, he could be used in a H-Back kinda role, like Chris Cooley was with the Redskins.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:22 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I have no problem if he slacks off in Preseason to try and avoid a pointless injury and keep himself as fresh as possible for the season. I say 1200-1400 yards would be a good estimate for Benson.
agreed. we all have seen he has the talent to do it during the regular season (ish).

he's coordinating with the line and hitting the holes without delay.
he knows where he's supposed to be. and the line is making it happen.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote