Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2007, 03:46 AM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 969
Reputation: 1
gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
DoWn was right, Gholston has 1 solo tackle, 3 assisted tackles, and 0 sacks.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDet...=518&player=50
Fair enough. Although he was quite disruptive in the game. Not saying the stats arent true, but they dont indicate the level of play he had against a manchild like jake long.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:39 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,913
Reputation: 2009538
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
Fair enough. Although he was quite disruptive in the game. Not saying the stats arent true, but they dont indicate the level of play he had against a manchild like jake long.
so now the stats dont indicate the level of play he had, but before he was you guys best defensive player that game?
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,137
Reputation: 7736
DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Dude Henne still threw for a lot of yards and Hart ran for a lot, nobody on either defense really played that well. Gholston far from dominated anyone in that game.
__________________
DoWnThEfiElD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,701
Reputation: -34
JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
On that play Jake Long was expecting a speed rush and Gholston came with an inside move and caught Long out of position. That's all that really happened.
Wow you know what Jake Long is thinking? Or is that just a bad attempt at justifying a horrible attempt to block an actual NFL caliber player as apposed to other DE's he has dominated?

What will happen when he goes pro and gets beat again because he was exspecting something else? Will that get excused also? Joe Thomas doesnt give up sacks, and Jake Long does, so to say he is betetr than Thomas is wild. The LT needs to protect his QB more than he needs to maul for his RB. RT's are who need to dominate the run game seeing how the majority of NFL carries go to the right. Long will be a RT in the NFL because like previously mentioned, he isnt the greatest at pass blocking.

Due to there being a shortage of LT's in the NFL, he will probably play there.

Also people need to quit pimping Dbrick because he gave up 10 sacks as a rookie against DE's that arent known for sacks. You have to earn things at the NFL level and Brick wasnt even in the top 5 rookie OT's last year.

Last edited by JoeMontainya : 09-02-2007 at 02:10 PM.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Wow you know what Jake Long is thinking? Or is that just a bad attempt at justifying a horrible attempt to block an actual NFL caliber player as apposed to other DE's he has dominated?

What will happen when he goes pro and gets beat again because he was exspecting something else? Will that get excused also? Joe Thomas doesnt give up sacks, and Jake Long does, so to say he is betetr than Thomas is wild. The LT needs to protect his QB more than he needs to maul for his RB. RT's are who need to dominate the run game seeing how the majority of NFL carries go to the right. Long will be a RT in the NFL because like previously mentioned, he isnt the greatest at pass blocking.

Due to there being a shortage of LT's in the NFL, he will probably play there.

Also people need to quit pimping Dbrick because he gave up 10 sacks as a rookie against DE's that arent known for sacks. You have to earn things at the NFL level and Brick wasnt even in the top 5 rookie OT's last year.

Dude seriously. We know you hate Michigan. But I guess all those voters are ******** then because they voted Long Lineman of the Year ahead of Thomas. But you know, your knowledge is clearly better than theirs right?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,701
Reputation: -34
JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Dude seriously. We know you hate Michigan. But I guess all those voters are ******** then because they voted Long Lineman of the Year ahead of Thomas. But you know, your knowledge is clearly better than theirs right?
Are you honestly gonna tell me Paul Poz is better than Hawk because the 5 VOTERS that vote for the award are based in Pennsilvania and voted Poz despite the fact all of his stats were less than Hawks and he even played in 99 more deffensive plays?

What does winning an award have to do with anything? Marcus McNeal is a better overall LT than Brick, but who got drafted first?

Again, what does awards/voters have to do with anything?

This just in.....Poz is better than Hawk because Sniper says people voted him as the Butkus winner over Hawk. I bet the Packers are kicking themselves over this one...

PS Sniper, Hail to the Victors
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Are you honestly gonna tell me Paul Poz is better than Hawk because the 5 VOTERS that vote for the award are based in Pennsilvania and voted Poz despite the fact all of his stats were less than Hawks and he even played in 99 more deffensive plays?

What does winning an award have to do with anything? Marcus McNeal is a better overall LT than Brick, but who got drafted first?

Again, what does awards/voters have to do with anything?

This just in.....Poz is better than Hawk because Sniper says people voted him as the Butkus winner over Hawk. I bet the Packers are kicking themselves over this one...

PS Sniper, Hail to the Victors
Considering Long gave up one sack last year, I find it hard for you to say "Joe Thomas doesn't give up sacks, but Jake Long does" making it sound like Long gets beat every play. Like it or not, Jake Long is the best lineman in the conference, and also was last year.

BTW, if the 5 voters are based in PA, what's Joe Thomas' excuse then?

And when did awards and draft picks correlate? Your golden boy Troy won a Heisman. That should correlate to a #1 shouldn't it? Your argument holds absolutely zero ******* weight, as usual. Poz could end up being better than Hawk, unless your amazing knowledge can once again come through and predict the future and tell me Hawk will be a better backer.

PS JoeMontainya, cool you threw in a barb at Michigan's loss to ASU. Nothing I haven't heard. Come up with something creative. And to be honest, it's downright ******* pathetic that you feel the need to post some douchebaggish **** in your sig like that. Calm your raging hardon for me big guy, I don't swing that way.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hiding from Denzel
Posts: 39,759
Reputation: 3995941
draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Wow you know what Jake Long is thinking? Or is that just a bad attempt at justifying a horrible attempt to block an actual NFL caliber player as apposed to other DE's he has dominated?

What will happen when he goes pro and gets beat again because he was exspecting something else? Will that get excused also? Joe Thomas doesnt give up sacks, and Jake Long does, so to say he is betetr than Thomas is wild. The LT needs to protect his QB more than he needs to maul for his RB. RT's are who need to dominate the run game seeing how the majority of NFL carries go to the right. Long will be a RT in the NFL because like previously mentioned, he isnt the greatest at pass blocking.

Due to there being a shortage of LT's in the NFL, he will probably play there.

Also people need to quit pimping Dbrick because he gave up 10 sacks as a rookie against DE's that arent known for sacks. You have to earn things at the NFL level and Brick wasnt even in the top 5 rookie OT's last year.
Perhaps he actually knows OL technique and can tell by the way Long kick stepped which type of rush he was expecting. That's hardly an excuse, he's just saying what the mistake was. If you think Thomas doesn't make the same mistakes watch the Browns first preseason game, or watch Wisconsin vs Auburn Thomas junior year when Stanley McClover did the same thing to him. The complete lack of knowledge in that post about OL is amazing.
__________________

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 30,624
Reputation: 1110068
P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
The complete lack of knowledge in that post about OL is amazing.
I try hard to ignore that guy's posts. He is so biased against Michigan that he just spouts off anything that pops into his head to make the team look bad. I'd listen to weight loss tips from a fat person before I listened to anything this clown has to say about the University of Michigan.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,733
Reputation: 8260
wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm a huge Joe Thomas fan, but to say that he doesn't make mistakes also is ridiculous, I can't honestly tell you which player is better [jake or joe] because I haven't seen Jake Long play much.
__________________

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 3,765
Reputation: 38568
JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Also people need to quit pimping Dbrick because he gave up 10 sacks as a rookie against DE's that arent known for sacks. You have to earn things at the NFL level and Brick wasnt even in the top 5 rookie OT's last year.
First of all, who the hell was "pimping" D'brick?. Second of all, 2 of the top 5 sack leaders in the NFL (Schobel and JT) played in the same division as D'brick, One of them won DPOY. Also, the 3 other teams in D'bricks division had the 3rd, 5th and 9th most sacks in the league. D'brick obviously didn't have a great year, but to say that he was playing against bad competition is asinine and wrong.
__________________



Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brett showin' Aaron How He Rolls
Posts: 438
Reputation: 12
CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Joe Thomas has better fundamentals , pass pro , quickness than Jake Long. Jake Long is bigger and is a straight brute but brutes can be found any round of the draft IMO, I still think hes a first rounder but not in the same class as Joe.
__________________
CARDIAC CAT 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.