Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-24-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Team USA Basketball

Wow i dont know if any of you are watching this but they look really good.. best they have in a long while actually.. they are playing like a team and i think they could win it all again this year

they won their second game 123 - 59 against the caman islands
they won thier first game of the year by a fair amount... ofcourse veneszuala(sorry i had no idea how to spell it) was also beaten by us the canadians by 8 yesterday... so who knows... i think both USA and Canada are looking good though

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea USA look really good this year if they keep it up they could go all the way

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
yea USA look really good this year if they keep it up they could go all the way
Go all the way, lol, the Fiba Americas championship is a joke, such a weak tournament. Brazil would be the only competition I guess with Barbosa and Nene but to qualify for the Olympics all they have to do is win their bracket of Venezuela, Virgin Islans, Canada, and Brazil. Argentina doesn't even have Noc, Manu, or Boy Oberto. This tournament has some piss poor teams, the quality of play even in the FIBA Africa tournament is much higher. The teams U.S. will face at this tournament are nothing like the Spain, Greece, Italy etc. With that said my first day thoughts:
Ok my thoughts on team USA, first off Venezuela is an awful team, if they went winless I wouldn't be shocked. They have a couple guys like Grevy and Romero but on the most part one of the most untalented teams in the tourney, a team like Angola or New Zealand would wreck them. In comparison the D-league ambassadors played this exact team 3 weeks ago in a tournament and beat them by over 20, the D-league team consisted of guys like Renaldo Major, Pooh Jeter, Terrance Thomas, and Rick Rickiert, basically upper tier D-league vets, with that said here are my thoughts:
*Grevis Vasquez is the man
*Romero is trying too hard
*Dho has some serious free throw problems still
*United States is a worlds better team than last year. Kidd is the biggest addition he knows how to run a team and make amazing passes, adding Deron is an upgrade over CP3 in last years world championships. Kobe the most talented player in the world is playing great basketball. Shooting efficiently, being crafty, playing shutdown D, and most importantly being the team captain and dishing the ball. I really hope he can get a Jermaine Oneal because he can be a 30+10 guy.
*USA has some shooters. Other than adding Kobe Michael Redd is the perfect addition. One of the few guys who can knock the open 3 at a high percentage, and is also underrated creating for himself. Mike Miller another great shooter, although he didn't show it last night. He can knock the open shot and drive to the hoop, expect him to be a 20+ scorer next season.
*Overall defense has improved but still needs works. With the likes of guys like Dwight Howard, Tyce Chandler, and Prince the overall team D is much better but I still see so many problems with it. Interior D is not a problem Howard and Chandler are abusing these kids, even LeBron could play Center, I'm not worried inside even against a team like Brazil with Nene and Splitter, but still perimeter Defense needs work. Venezuela got so many open looks and while they didn't make many most other teams will. 69 points is a lot to give up to this squad, but still I like the effort and can tell a premium on defense is being put in place.
*As for the other games, I was shocked with Brazil narrowly beating team Canada. Barbosa scored a ton but his shooting was awful, he missed probably 20+ shots, driving you can't stop him but his 3 point shooting was off, he was trying to force too much. Nene was very active in his team but in terms of production failed miserably to what he should be doing, although he got the short end on so many calls. Splitter was tough inside but still as I have been saying is too weak and unskilled to be better than average in the NBA, he is a nice cleanup guy off the bench though. I'm sure working with Duncan in a year will help greatly. For Canada it was a gutsy game. Sammy D still getting used to the team when on the floor was very active cleaning things up. Levon Kendall proved why he's crap, and Denham needs more pt.
*Puerto Rico losing to Mexico was quite a shock to me considering how good some of the Ricans played. Peter John Ramos played the best I have ever seen him play in international competition and should only get better in Spain, I kind of wish the Wizards still had him. I have noticed that he has really slimed down from his D-league days, benefiting from a year in Puerto Rico. His overall mobility is much improved, and he's finally understanding how to use his 7-3 frame and massive wingspan. He is finishing inside, and disrupting shots. Spending the next 2 years in ACB should improve his game, and in 2 years when he's 24 I expect him to be in high demand for an NBA return. Carlos Arroyo was awful in any sense of the word, which is surprising because usually he is money internationally but yesterday he was playing like he was wearing a Magic jersey. JJ Barrea should be starting over him. Apodoca and Ayuso did their shooting thing but it wasn't enough. They are hurting without Daniel Santiago. For Mexico Mariscal, Llamos, Reyes, and another guy I don't know his name, were shooting lights out.
*Panama gave the game away to Uruguay in overtime. They had the game but stop playing their game. Danilo "JR" Pinnock former GW star was active on the boards and their leading scorer, but he failed to convert on so many easy layups. Gary Forbes and Lloreda were both impressive. For Uruguay they did a great job in coming back. I was mildly surprised when I looked at the statline and Esteban Batista Hawks player had 26 points, and 19 rebounds. The rebounds were not surprising as he dominated the boards but the points were shocking. For much of the game he couldn't convert on easy layups. On any other day he would have had 40points+ easy.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please tell me you didnt write all that.

eh now that I look at its not that bad.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the team is ballin' the highlights on Sportscenter were sweet

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
the team is ballin' the highlights on Sportscenter were sweet
by then end of it they were just toying wiht em.. the alley oop of the back board was sick...

man ghetto that was one amazing post... props and +rep for that

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 08-24-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Fiba Africa tourny has been exciting as expected Angola will probably win it but my pick to win Mali did bad, so I don't feel so confident about my predicting anymore. Iran winning the Asia tourny and getting the Olympic bid was surprising, I fully expected Lebanon to win the whole thing with China not sending most of it's A team. My pick to win it all Philippines did bad too, I thought they would be great with known commodities like Mason's Gabe Norwood, Oakland's Kelly Williams aka Matrix pt.2, and Sharp shooter Jim Alapag.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
The Fiba Africa tourny has been exciting as expected Angola will probably win it but my pick to win Mali did bad, so I don't feel so confident about my predicting anymore. Iran winning the Asia tourny and getting the Olympic bid was surprising, I fully expected Lebanon to win the whole thing with China not sending most of it's A team. My pick to win it all Philippines did bad too, I thought they would be great with known commodities like Mason's Gabe Norwood, Oakland's Kelly Williams aka Matrix pt.2, and Sharp shooter Jim Alapag.
Dang
i was rooting for the Philippines

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Dang
i was rooting for the Philippines
Yeah size was a problem but they should have beat Jordan to move on, the coaching and program is the problem. They think they are the U.S. in that they have such great talent they can just throw a team together 3 weeks before a competition, but they don't have that kind of talent, they should learn from other international programs, but they are a team on the rise for sure.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Nash needs to get American citizenship, so that he can play for Team USA. Then we would be unstoppable.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Steve Nash needs to get American citizenship, so that he can play for Team USA. Then we would be unstoppable.
i like him playing for our team a lot better thank you very much.... you guys have enough elite talent dont get greedy

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 08-24-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
i like him playing for our team a lot better thank you very much.... you guys have enough elite talent dont get greedy
You mean the "we'll put him on the team and play him for about 5 minutes to appease our Canadian basketball lovers that we are actually trying to win method."

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 08-24-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well i didnt watch the virgin islands game but I watched the Venezuela one and Ive got to say Venezuela may be the worst professional basketball team I have ever seen. USA was practically playing street ball. And I saw the SC highlights from the virgin islands game...did someone forget to tell them that Michael Redd can shoot? Wow, he had like 4 wide open threes in the first quarter.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

With the addition of Miller and Redd they should be able to shoot the 3 better, which has been their biggest weakness in the past.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
With the addition of Miller and Redd they should be able to shoot the 3 better, which has been their biggest weakness in the past.
Still their interior scoring is poor which I predict will come back to haunt them. None of the big men, Howard, Stat, or Chandler are dependable consistent low post scorers especially against other teams. I can think of atleast 10 country's that front lines can pose a serious threat to USA both offensively and defensively.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Still their interior scoring is poor which I predict will come back to haunt them. None of the big men, Howard, Stat, or Chandler are dependable consistent low post scorers especially against other teams. I can think of atleast 10 country's that front lines can pose a serious threat to USA both offensively and defensively.
I agree, in fact i have a bet that they'll get out before the finals. Although, I have very high hopes that Howard and Chandler will develop and combine with new young players and in a few years the team will finally win it.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thats why Al Jefferson, Elton Brand, Carlos Boozer, or Chris Bosh should be on this team. Although im sure a couple of them were invited. Chandler imo is a complete waste of a roster spot.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I disagree with Chandler no he isn't an offensive weapon but he is the perfect fit off the bench. He is long, athletic, and runs the floor. He blocks shot, and is a better rebounder than Howard and Stoudemire and the thing I like most about him is that he brings that attitude and swagger that the U.S. needs. In a fair world I would take out Stat for Boozer, but we know that wouldn't happen.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With coach K as the man in charge, they shouldn't lose a game. The man is a basketball virtuoso

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree with Chandler no he isn't an offensive weapon but he is the perfect fit off the bench. He is long, athletic, and runs the floor. He blocks shot, and is a better rebounder than Howard and Stoudemire and the thing I like most about him is that he brings that attitude and swagger that the U.S. needs. In a fair world I would take out Stat for Boozer, but we know that wouldn't happen.
Agreed. He's not the big name or sexy pick, but he's no bump on a log neither. He will contribute to this team.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

He can probably contribute with his defense and rebounding. But arent there other players that can play defense and rebound, along with somewhat of an offensive game?
Old 08-24-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
He can probably contribute with his defense and rebounding. But arent there other players that can play defense and rebound, along with somewhat of an offensive game?
Did you not just say he was a "Complete waste of a roster spot". I believe coach K and company know what they want and what they need, and any team with Kobe, Michael Redd, Lebron, and Carmelo can have a role playing Big Man like Chandler, in spite of any offensive deficiencies. Also Chanlder is not totally inept on the offensive end as you make him out to be, he get's his garbage points off of rebonds and tips. Nothing wrong with that. And also Elton Brand couldn't make the team as he suffered a major injury earlier this summer. Might acutally miss this upcoming. season I believe.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Did you not just say he was a "Complete waste of a roster spot". I believe coach K and company know what they want and what they need, and any team with Kobe, Michael Redd, Lebron, and Carmelo can have a role playing Big Man like Chandler, in spite of any offensive deficiencies. Also Chanlder is not totally inept on the offensive end as you make him out to be, he get's his garbage points off of rebonds and tips. Nothing wrong with that. And also Elton Brand couldn't make the team as he suffered a major injury earlier this summer. Might acutally miss this upcoming. season I believe.

Yes, in the sense that there are definetly players that would imo contribute more than he would. Probably 5-10 players actually.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yes, in the sense that there are definetly players that would imo contribute more than he would. Probably 5-10 players actually.
We need big men, plain and simple, but many of them are not athletic enough to play in an international game. Chandler and Brand are two who can, but Brand is out for a long time. Chandler is a beast and is a dominator inside.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 08-24-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Chandler's a perfect fit for this team. They need defense and rebounds more so than scoring and what not, considering the star talent on the team. What they really need is another Chandler, because they're seriously lacking in "Big's". It's a shame someone like KG or Duncan won't play.