Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-24-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I think Chandler's a perfect fit for this team. They need defense and rebounds more so than scoring and what not, considering the star talent on the team. What they really need is another Chandler, because they're seriously lacking in "Big's". It's a shame someone like KG or Duncan won't play.
Duncan would not be able to because he is from the Virgin Islands and KG... Well I'm sure that even if he wanted to play, Boston would never allow it.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Duncan would not be able to because he is from the Virgin Islands and KG... Well I'm sure that even if he wanted to play, Boston would never allow it.
I'm pretty sure KG can do whatever he wants, and I'm fairly sure Duncan has already played for the US team and is eligible to, and only isn't because the Virgin Islands now has a team. I could be wrong though.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure KG can do whatever he wants, and I'm fairly sure Duncan has already played for the US team and is eligible to, and only isn't because the Virgin Islands now has a team. I could be wrong though.
Well... Then they suck and hate America.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I forget exactly why Duncan is not playing but it is NOT because of the Virgin Islands. The time he actually played for the US team, the US played the Virgin Islands; however, Duncan opted to not play against them (not that it mattered).

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
We need big men, plain and simple, but many of them are not athletic enough to play in an international game. Chandler and Brand are two who can, but Brand is out for a long time. Chandler is a beast and is a dominator inside.
Completely agree, even with a guy like Duncan who I respect so much as a top 5 big man all time he would not be a good fit on the time. While he would bring leadership, interior scoring/defense and rebounding because he is just an average athlete with the way team USA goes up and down his strengths would be ignored and wasted.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Canada by 20 in tommorows afternoon showdown!

Sammy Dalembert > Lebron for sure.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I got Canada by 20 in tommorows afternoon showdown!

Sammy Dalembert > Lebron for sure.
i didnt even know he was canadian until i saw highlights today not even kidding

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Mexico vs. Panama game was such a joy to watch, so glad Panama pulled it off with the mild upset. JR Pinnock finally came through with his talent with 30 points, 7 boards, and 4 assists. First half especially he was all over knocking down some long range shots but more importantly attacking the basket. The game was crazy, turnovers up the wazoo, pressing every play, fast break, 1 on 1. Mexico is the equivalent to the Phoenix Suns of international play, chucking 3's, pressing every time down their game is crazy. They have some college players and a few with NBA experience although missing Najera, the way they play if they are on they could challenge the US to be honest. But great job Panama for Danilo and Gary Forbes, now I just need Carl Krauser to step up for the Virgin Islands he's a pimp of a player. Canada almost lost to the Virgin Islands today, lol, they were owned in the first quarter.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone watching the USA vs. Canada game? Canada is pretty good. This fabutini(sp?) guy has been hot.

if you don't have cable you can watch it online like me. just go to espn.com and under the news section click [watch: U.S. hoops square off vs. Canada]
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they cant be that good we're winning by 25 in the first half
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we had Steve Nash, Jamal Magloire and Andy Rautins this would be a close game.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
If we had Steve Nash, Jamal Magloire and Andy Rautins this would be a close game.

come on....... Nash alone would keep it within 25-30 maybe, but i dont think Dwight Howard or Stoudamire are too scared of Magloire. And Rautins is a role player for Syracuse, I doubt he would be able to keep up with Lebron or Melo.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no not really. i'll take team USA over team Canada any day

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But it would be within 10-15 points.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
But it would be within 10-15 points.
20-25 points. They would still be owned inside, Sammy D is better than Magloire.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The US lucked out this time. We'll see you in the finals;)

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
The US lucked out this time. We'll see you in the finals;)
They can't face each other in the finals.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Canada's pregame meal of Canadian Bacon and Maple Syrup slowed them down
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Canada's pregame meal of Canadian Bacon and Maple Syrup slowed them down
I don't think they benefited by warming up in ice skates either.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Dwade will make the team next year but is a waste. His game doesn't fit, commits carry's so often, we don't need his ball handling or passing, and he can't shoot better than any of the other guards, so leave him off despite his big name.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Yeah size was a problem but they should have beat Jordan to move on, the coaching and program is the problem. They think they are the U.S. in that they have such great talent they can just throw a team together 3 weeks before a competition, but they don't have that kind of talent, they should learn from other international programs, but they are a team on the rise for sure.
for some reason i figured it had to do w/ coaching, u made them sound fairly talented

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Man Brazil barely scrapped by the Virgin Islands yesterday, Nene has not been impressive what so ever. The Uruguay Puerto Rico game was a classic, I was watching it every second. Uruguay had an amazing win as Puerto Rico has been a huge bust in this tournament. Esteban Batista absolutely dominated with 34 points and 15 boards with a huge clutch put back. And again Batista missed many shots he'd usually make and could have easily had 50 points.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Is Rikcy Rubio playing for anyone in this tourny? i wanan see this kid play cazuse i have heard a lot of good thigns about him

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Dwade will make the team next year but is a waste. His game doesn't fit, commits carry's so often, we don't need his ball handling or passing, and he can't shoot better than any of the other guards, so leave him off despite his big name.
that is right, he isnt right for team USA because all he can do is penetrate and he has no jumper. Did Arenas not make it? I think he could be a good fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
that is right, he isnt right for team USA because all he can do is penetrate and he has no jumper. Did Arenas not make it? I think he could be a good fit
Eh I doubt it and I doubt he would want to. Coach K told the media that he was sent home due to injury problems, but Gil said he was 100% healthy and they just cut him but wanted to look like the good guys and couldn't cut him straight up and had to make excuses, that's why Gil had a grudge against the team US assistants and said he would drop like 100 or something if he played Duke.