View Poll Results: Should Little League Kids Be Paid
Yes, they should get the 1000 dollars now 0 0%
Yes, put in a college fund 15 30.61%
No, not at all 34 69.39%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Should Little League Kids Be Paid?

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Quote:
It really makes you feel good about things when Little League Baseball Inc. (and its $70 million in assets) teams up with ESPN/ABC (Disney) to milk a cash cow courtesy of unpaid preteens from Mexico to Minnesota.
Quote:
Each young player should receive $1,000 per TV game even if it, at first glance, seems to run against everything this slice of Americana is supposed to be about.
Quote:
Making money is not new for LLB, Inc. At the end of its fiscal year, Sept. 2006, it reported $70.4 million in cash reserves and assets on hand, according to documents.
Quote:
If LLB paid each player $1,000 for every appearance on television, it would cost just $1.3 million for the entire series (15 players per team in 45 TV games). That's less than 40 percent of the profits, leaving plenty for the organization.....

....If you're so worried about corrupting kids with money, then for the Americans put it in a college fund or a savings account that can't be released until they are 18. The foreign teams can do as they choose.
I think the college thing is a good idea. Put the money into their college fund so they are seeing some of the 70 million dollars they are making for Disney (sponser) and ESPN.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Putting in to their college fund is a great idea.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no, its going to start to teach kids allover more that it is about money because $1000 is alot to a kid and not about the love of the game, they will grow up to be little T.O's all over.

should 4th grade football or baseball or whatever around the world be paid? please it is a bad idea.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no way!!!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No No No No!
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah but putting it into their college fund where they can't get at until they are going to college or turn 18 isn't a bad idea... they are making the big corporations the money why not see some of it
Old 08-25-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
yeah but putting it into their college fund where they can't get at until they are going to college or turn 18 isn't a bad idea... they are making the big corporations the money why not see some of it
Seriously, why not? Help these kids pay for an education.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no. there's enough debate with college kids getting paid. if these guys dont(they shouldnt either) than little leaguers shouldnt. these kids are out having fun. after that game winning robbed HR last week, those kids were ecstatic. Little league is fto have fun. You get paid for your job, like a PRO athlete, that's their job
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

people actually watch the little league world series?
Old 08-25-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
people actually watch the little league world series?
It's a favorite among the pedophile community.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, put in a college fund

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, they should put it in a college fund, if they don't go to college they don't see the money.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Absolutely not, I think this is an awful idea. I think it just enforces how much everything revolves around money and that's a horrible thing. If anything, the College Fund is the best idea because that at least is helping provide education, but I think the tournaments are great how they are, the kids love to play ball, they 11, 12, 13 years old and having there games televised alone is a huge prize for them, it's a thrill for them, they play for the love of the game and to be known as the champions, I think that money would only taint that, money ruins professional sports, at least let the kids have fun...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Paying little leaguers would be the apocalypse of sport.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Absolutely not, I think this is an awful idea. I think it just enforces how much everything revolves around money and that's a horrible thing. If anything, the College Fund is the best idea because that at least is helping provide education, but I think the tournaments are great how they are, the kids love to play ball, they 11, 12, 13 years old and having there games televised alone is a huge prize for them, it's a thrill for them, they play for the love of the game and to be known as the champions, I think that money would only taint that, money ruins professional sports, at least let the kids have fun...
If it is put in a college fund, it still is for the love of the game(or parental pressure, but lets face it, that still happens) let them get something tangible and helpful out of this. If they get some money put away for college, it could save them thousands of dollars of debt later in life, there are many other things that kids that age get scholarships for, and those aren't televised.

For non-american kids, I think they should be able to get the money right away to do with what they please, because face it, a couple thousand dollars to a mexican/el salvadorian/singaporian family is sometimes a years salary.

Imagine you are a child with a family that no one has ever went to college, the odds you go are very small. Now imagine you got 3k put towards your college fund when you were 11-12 years old, suddenly, you are expected to go and much more likely to attend college. It is a win/win situation.

Last edited by someone447 : 08-25-2007 at 03:20 PM.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thanks.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not at all there 12 years old

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Haha. I can't even describe how dumb this would be.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
If it is put in a college fund, it still is for the love of the game(or parental pressure, but lets face it, that still happens) let them get something tangible and helpful out of this. If they get some money put away for college, it could save them thousands of dollars of debt later in life, there are many other things that kids that age get scholarships for, and those aren't televised.

For non-american kids, I think they should be able to get the money right away to do with what they please, because face it, a couple thousand dollars to a mexican/el salvadorian/singaporian family is sometimes a years salary.

Imagine you are a child with a family that no one has ever went to college, the odds you go are very small. Now imagine you got 3k put towards your college fund when you were 11-12 years old, suddenly, you are expected to go and much more likely to attend college. It is a win/win situation.
That's what charities are for, I understand how financially unstable some 3rd world countries in this tournament are, but lets face it, its costs a lot of money to create the team, sign up for the team, and get to the tourny etc. I'm sure there are plenty of other kids who need the money 10 times more, who aren't even in the tournament. This might be an ignorant statement, but I feel that if you have the money to get into the tournament and pay for all the expenses etc., then 1000 dollars won't be a HUGE deal. I dnno though.

Regardless, the tournament is not set-up to help aid the impoverished countries in the world, it's to find out who has the best team, it's about having fun and experiencing new things, it's about testing your talent, not about trying to win money, and you know right now if it ever did become about money, the coaches would become so damn corrupt. I think that as little kids, they need to keep the game about fun and competition, leave the corruption and money for the big boy adults.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think this is more outrage because LLB makes 70.3 Million a year and pays little if anything. It's the perfect Moneymaker.

With that said, I wouldn't care. If you're milking their aspirations for money you might as well give the kids a little something considering their the main reason you pocket 70+M.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I still think this is more outrage because LLB makes 70.3 Million a year and pays little if anything. It's the perfect Moneymaker.

With that said, I wouldn't care. If you're milking their aspirations for money you might as well give the kids a little something considering their the main reason you pocket 70+M.
that's my point...
Old 08-25-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definatley not. College sports should get money before them and they shouldn't either. They're 12 and 13 year old kids, they are not pro's.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you put it in their college funds, it's a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

yeah but the colleges are making money... its not only the sponsers and network like it is with little league... with little league its only disney and espn...

and some of the money that the colleges are making is going to the athletes via scholarships...
Old 08-25-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then you'll have parents taking that money out and spending it on who knows what. Less than half of the money would actually go to their college funds.