Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-31-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Jacob Hester... and Keiland Williams... and Charles Scott... and Richard Murphy. Miles said he doesn't have a clear cut #1 back, nor does he want to declare someone the #1.
Ok, well who do YOU think starts most of the games at HB this year, and at FB? On Rivals.com, they have Hester listed as the starter at both positions.... it seems a little odd.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda thought this was gonna be about Al Woods. Or Chad Jones, or that Tolliver wideout....

The Tiger is cool tho
Old 08-31-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Kitty! Too bad his first game is gonna be a loss. :/
against VA tech?? are you serious??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
against VA tech?? are you serious??
What's wrong with Virginia Tech? One of the top defenses in the country and a man beast at RB. It's going to be close. I'll be rooting for Tech. I think LSU wins 17-14ish, but it's gonna be good.

Also wanted to add....Matt Flynn can move! Holy crap.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Kitty! Too bad his first game is gonna be a loss. :/
Haha that is funny dude. The first game in his tenure was a 45-0 slaughter of a SEC team on the road. His next victim will be a ass kicking of VT, sorry buddy but VT is not strong enough to come into Death Valley and beat the best defense in the nation.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
What's wrong with Virginia Tech? One of the top defenses in the country and a man beast at RB. It's going to be close. I'll be rooting for Tech. I think LSU wins 17-14ish, but it's gonna be good.

Also wanted to add....Matt Flynn can move! Holy crap.
yes i agree they have a beast of a defense, but LSU's defense could make an argument right there with them as best in the country. and tech doesn't have near the offensive weapons that LSU has, just a RB but what good is the RB when he doesn't get anywhere because they can focus most of the attentio on stopping the run. it will definitely be a hit fest. both have amazing D's. it might be even lower scoring than that. haha even though i'm going to go ahead say that one of the teams will have two defensive touchdowns. not sure which one, i'm hoping LSU's and from the look of the DB's hands they looked good.

yes Matt Flynn can scoot.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark this down. LSU wins 24-6 at least.

The offense was flat last night. Why give up the entire playbook against a team that was clearly not on the same level? Wet, on the road with ******* cow bells everywhere. See Death Valley doesn't need artificial noise makers to screw up offenses, the AMAZING defense and the fans do enough of that.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 08-31-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
sorry buddy but VT is not strong enough to come into Death Valley and beat the best defense in the nation.
USC plays in Death Valley now? And when did they switch VA Tech's game against LSU to vs. USC?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

woah now, slow down turbo. USC's defense can't hold the piece of butt crust off of the jock straps of LSU's defense. USC is media central, thats the only way they are number one. anytime you are the best ranked team in the SEC regardless, you should be #1. the hardest conference there is.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

This topic is sad.

My take is that LSU or Virginia Tech will have the best defense in the nation. USC may well be in the top 3, but I'm just more sold on LSU and VT.

As for the game next week..LSU will have all they can handle with Virginia Tech's defense. I think the first team to 10 points may well win the game. The game is at home, but VT is going to be emotional as hell. This game will not be a blowout either way.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
woah now, slow down turbo. USC's defense can't hold the piece of butt crust off of the jock straps of LSU's defense. USC is media central, thats the only way they are number one. anytime you are the best ranked team in the SEC regardless, you should be #1. the hardest conference there is.
BLAH BLAH BLAH WE ******* KNOW THE SEC IS THE BEST CONFERENCE! Stop telling us, we get it. No one doubts it, so STOP ******* USING IT AS AN ARGUMENT. That doesn't mean you're automatically #1. Let's break this ***** down.

D-Line: SC Dorsey may be the best DT in the country, but Ellis is #2-3. That, plus Lawrence Jackson, Everson Griffin, Fili Moala win it for SC.

LB: No question it's USC. All 3 guys are first rounders waiting to happen. Don't try giving me that Ali Highsmith **** (he's good, really good). No way their LBs hold Cushing, Rivers, Maualuga and Galippo's jock.

Secondary: USC. Taylor Mays is gonna be a first rounder. Terrel Thomas is one of the more underrated CBs in the country, and Josh Pinkard is very good.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Production makes you #1. USC is talented as hell (I think you're underrating LSU's players a little to be honest, but I agree that USC has ridiculous talent), but until they play like the top ranked defense in the nation then they're not.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

So I guess all the magazines that say LSU's Dline is better than USCs we should just forget about that and listen to you? Please quit being a homer and go back to the USC posts.

OK maybe not a homer but a LSU hater. Get a life buddy.

Who Dat Nation!

Last edited by saintsfan912 : 08-31-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH WE ******* KNOW THE SEC IS THE BEST CONFERENCE! Stop telling us, we get it. No one doubts it, so STOP ******* USING IT AS AN ARGUMENT. That doesn't mean you're automatically #1. Let's break this ***** down.

D-Line: SC Dorsey may be the best DT in the country, but Ellis is #2-3. That, plus Lawrence Jackson, Everson Griffin, Fili Moala win it for SC.

LB: No question it's USC. All 3 guys are first rounders waiting to happen. Don't try giving me that Ali Highsmith **** (he's good, really good). No way their LBs hold Cushing, Rivers, Maualuga and Galippo's jock.

Secondary: USC. Taylor Mays is gonna be a first rounder. Terrel Thomas is one of the more underrated CBs in the country, and Josh Pinkard is very good.
and the funny thing is that will all that talent, they still aren't better. guaranteed i am gonna be at the super dome watching LSU whoop up on USC. :D shall i meet ya there??

Last edited by terribletowel39 : 08-31-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Haha I love that post. I'll be there too!

Who Dat Nation!
Old 08-31-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Nah, he didn't transfer. We still have a better QB waiting to play anyways.
Jarret Lee? guys gonna be huge for LSU played against him in high school him and that brehnam team were an offensive juggernaut
Old 08-31-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think USC has more defensive talent, but as a unit I would take both Va Tech and LSU in a heartbeat.

Also if any SEC fan would like to have a logical arguement please don't being up the SEC being the top conference therefore your team is the best, it is the most ignorant cop-out arguement you can bring to the table. Nobody wants to ever here it and you will never prove yourself right so just don't even bring it up.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
and the funny thing is that will all that talent, they still aren't better. guaranteed i am gonna be at the super dome watching LSU whoop up on USC. :D shall i meet ya there??
Or they're not better. Either way. I'm not even a USC fan, but I do recognize talent. I have USC #1, LSU #2 and Va Tech #3 in terms of D.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the win over Miss.state HS has got LSU fans heads bloated. USC is number one until proven otherwise.

LSU woop over SC. Keep it coming LSU, we need the motivation.

LSU fans are so classy,just like their stoic head coach.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Quote:
Or they're not better. Either way. I'm not even a USC fan, but I do recognize talent. I have USC #1, LSU #2 and Va Tech #3 in terms of D.

THat brings me right back to the point I already made though. If talent alone were enough then USC-LSU would've been the national title game for the last several years.

Production is what makes you #1 in anything. I recognize USC's talent (I'd be an idiot not to), but I think that LSU and VT are both better as a whole because they've produced at that level for a while now. VT was #1 in 3 major categories of defense last year and nobody left.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU won't have the best defense in that game, how do they have the best defense in the country?

If MSU had any type of QB LSU probably would have been losing in the first half. LSU's amazing DL didn't do much of anything in the first half and the LBs didn't do much either. Say what you want about the playbook but I saw a lot of different stuff (Pistol offense?!?!), and I saw an OL get beat by not a very good unit. It might have just been the first game but if LSU's offense comes out like they did against MSU, VT's defense will tear them apart.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
THat brings me right back to the point I already made though. If talent alone were enough then USC-LSU would've been the national title game for the last several years.

Production is what makes you #1 in anything. I recognize USC's talent (I'd be an idiot not to), but I think that LSU and VT are both better as a whole because they've produced at that level for a while now. VT was #1 in 3 major categories of defense last year and nobody left.
Point well taken. I really like SC's D not only because of the talent, but 10 of the 11 huys are back this year, and I think we will see them as the top D at the end of the year earning the crystal ball in the end. It's not like I'm saying LSU is Temple here, I said they're my #2 D.

SC almost always had dirty defense, and I think this will be their best. But I'm not hopping on the LSU wagon because they beat MSU 45-0. That QB was arguably the worst I've ever seen. He had a worse arm than Chad Pennington
Old 08-31-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

USCs coaching and talent is well over LSUs.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Quote:
It's not like I'm saying LSU is Temple here, I said they're my #2 D.
Oh I know, I'm just saying. Honestly I think VT has the best defense in the nation.

Beating MSU so badly doesn't mean anything to me. Henning was just horrible. 3-4 of his INTs were just him throwing it up for grabs without even looking.

Last edited by TigerBait45 : 08-31-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
I think the win over Miss.state HS has got LSU fans heads bloated. USC is number one until proven otherwise.

LSU woop over SC. Keep it coming LSU, we need the motivation.

LSU fans are so classy,just like their stoic head coach.
i don't understand what you mean by the bolded.

and also don't know if you are being sarcastic, i am guessing yea. and since you probably are i'd like to ask you how we are doing anything that anybody else wouldn't do for the team that they root for?? and have been rooting for since they were old enough to know what football and LSU was?? please explain.