Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-25-2007, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I did enjoy Journeyman enough to give it a few more episodes.
I liked it as well the end rocked that being said they so ripped off that old show Quantum Leap but still good.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:06 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
the first episode was horrible, thats all i can say, the best part about it was i thought it started an hour before it really did and i got to watch the show Chuck, which was even worse but that chick was really hot, which was a good thing.
yeah that chick on Chuck is so hot, Heroes was just ok but I'm sure it will get a lot better.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I liked it as well the end rocked that being said they so ripped off that old show Quantum Leap but still good.
It's different enough from Quantum Leap (which I enjoyed in my youth), I feel. This character has a home/time to get back to, a family, and has the opportunity to visit more than one moment in time to help the person(s) he's supposed to help. He's not possessing another person's body, as was the case with Quantum Leap. Also, there's the side-story of his (dead?) ex-fiance also being a time-traveler and what that means.

But if Scott Bakula wants to make an appearance, that's cool. ;)
Old 09-26-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
It's different enough from Quantum Leap (which I enjoyed in my youth), I feel. This character has a home/time to get back to, a family, and has the opportunity to visit more than one moment in time to help the person(s) he's supposed to help. He's not possessing another person's body, as was the case with Quantum Leap. Also, there's the side-story of his (dead?) ex-fiance also being a time-traveler and what that means.

But if Scott Bakula wants to make an appearance, that's cool. ;)
I just meant it was a spin off of the idea just an updated feel here and there I had forgot on Quantum he was a differnt person when he Leaped.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was pretty strange.
let me just say that. i finally got around to watching it last night.
and it was good.

"you mean that swordmakers daughter?"

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Bumpizle.:)
Old 10-01-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

next week's episode looks promising...

oh, and that one flying kid is such a creep job

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, I'm the only one allowed to stare at Hayden outside of her window.

And bad Hayden, no cutting off your toes.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what the hell, there was a commercial break (a good 4-5 minutes worth) every 6 minutes into the show. So we would get a tidbit, and then get a commercial. its BS.

On another note, thats cool that Peter is just using his powers again, instead of having to relearn how to use them all. I mean, he didnt mean to use some, but hey, him showing it is promising.

I have a feeling that whoever stole Claires car may be a guy w/ powers. And very interesting w/ the Hatian at the end. I also wanna know what attacked Mrs.Petrelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Seriously, I'm the only one allowed to stare at Hayden outside of her window.

And bad Hayden, no cutting off your toes.
yea that was gross...also, peter is a badass and I wanna know how come Peter and Sylar can come back to life while other heroes can't?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 10-01-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
what the hell, there was a commercial break (a good 4-5 minutes worth) every 6 minutes into the show. So we would get a tidbit, and then get a commercial. its BS.

On another note, thats cool that Peter is just using his powers again, instead of having to relearn how to use them all. I mean, he didnt mean to use some, but hey, him showing it is promising.

I have a feeling that whoever stole Claires car may be a guy w/ powers. And very interesting w/ the Hatian at the end. I also wanna know what attacked Mrs.Petrelli
I'm getting the same feeling from last season...where it was like half way through the season before we found out who Sylar actually was, but this is pissing me off even more because we know there is multiple "bad guys" or whoever killing them

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 10-01-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I'm totally lost. I wonder if the killer/attacker has even been shown yet.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Yea, I'm totally lost. I wonder if the killer/attacker has even been shown yet.
well last week they showed the dude in the hood and hiro's dad and mrs. patrelli mentioned how there was multiple...

or did you mean we have seen him and just not known it's him?

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 10-01-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I mean actually know the character. But after the thing with the mom I doubt it.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-01-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

so I was just thinking about Kensai...and although it is more logical to assume he was like the original hero or whatever, what if he is another dude like Peter with multiple powers or something, and he is like Hiro and came back from another time? Prolly not likely, but just throwing it out there...

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 10-01-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah, Kensai said he came from England. I just think that Hiro may be the Kensai guy, he is what he thought Kensai was supposed to be. Unless he teaches Kensai to be Kensai, I can see it happening.

Also on the latin twins, I still dont know what she does. But its pretty cool that her brother can steal/absorb her power for her and contain it.

I also just have a feeling that Sylar may be a decently good guy in this season. Just a gut feeling, after seeing the episode w/ his mom you sorta see why he wanted to be special. Idk, just a feeling. Still looks like a tool laying on the beach like that though

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Nah, Kensai said he came from England. I just think that Hiro may be the Kensai guy, he is what he thought Kensai was supposed to be. Unless he teaches Kensai to be Kensai, I can see it happening.

Also on the latin twins, I still dont know what she does. But its pretty cool that her brother can steal/absorb her power for her and contain it.

I also just have a feeling that Sylar may be a decently good guy in this season. Just a gut feeling, after seeing the episode w/ his mom you sorta see why he wanted to be special. Idk, just a feeling. Still looks like a tool laying on the beach like that though
Yea, now that I think about it, I think you're right about Hiro being the real Kensai...but thinking about stuff like that makes my head hurt (how he is his own hero as a boy, yet he hadn't gone back in time yet, even though he really did)...but Kensai has to have something important in the story line cuz he has a power

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 10-03-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just glad parkman is still around.

Also. The hatian? i didn't see that coming, but damn. is it good to hear his silence back... mohinders confusion was priceless.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Wait...how do you know that Sylar's back?
Old 10-04-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dang that joint with her cutting off her toe was nasty, also does the spanish girl do those tears come out when she's a certain distance from her brother, or do they appear when she is sad and actually crying, cause if so than Stop Crying!!!

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Hispanic girl cannot control her power. She feels safe around her brother because he can control her power. When she is separated from him, she gets anxious, which triggers her power (defense mechanism). Kind of a vicious cycle.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, how do we know that Sylar is back for sure? I mean, we know he's not dead, but I didn't think he played into the "Generations" timetable.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I think the Hispanic girl cannot control her power. She feels safe around her brother because he can control her power. When she is separated from him, she gets anxious, which triggers her power (defense mechanism). Kind of a vicious cycle.
Maybe she just has really bad PMS.:)
Old 10-04-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
Wait...how do you know that Sylar's back?
They showed him in the pre view for next week.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guess is that this killer is Takeo Kensei. I mean the guy has the invulnerability powers. He easily could have survived the fall from the top of the building and ran off.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote