Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-31-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default College Selection

Well, I am entering my Junior year of high school, and I am trying to narrow it down to a few schools I'd be interested in. I want to stay pretty close to home (New Jersey), and I'd be willing to go as far as somewhere like Michigan. I haven't found out what I would like to major in, but Graphic Design is something that really intrigues me. I also wanna go to a school with a good football team or basketball team. Maybe even both! Just asking for your guys help since a majority of you have already gone threw this and may be able to help me out.

Basically....
*Closer to NJ the better
*Good Football/Basketball Team
*Good out of state acceptance rate
*Good Graphic Design School
*Farthest I'd go is the Midwest. Don't wanna go to the West coast.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

University of MD is preety decent I am thinking about that, York college PA, and Salsbury MD so far. My sisters roomate lives in New Jersey and they go to Salsbury and it is only 3 hours a way.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

school is for fools.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
school is for fools.
tools live in the pool?

Old 08-31-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yo where in jersey do you live? i live there too... im going into senior year and i've been doing the college thing for a bit... i'm applying to these 3 schools around here... i wanna go somewhere far but these schools are my safeties..

-penn state... amazing campus (i was there last month and it was still sick) and good school for internships from what i've heard
-udel... i really liked the campus
-rutgers... im just applying there for the hell of it cause its in jersey.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
yo where in jersey do you live? i live there too... im going into senior year and i've been doing the college thing for a bit... i'm applying to these 3 schools around here... i wanna go somewhere far but these schools are my safeties..

-penn state... amazing campus (i was there last month and it was still sick) and good school for internships from what i've heard
-udel... i really liked the campus
-rutgers... im just applying there for the hell of it cause its in jersey.
I live in North Jersey in Morris County. Penn State is somewhere I really wanna go. If I get accepted there, I'd probably go. Good football, beautiful campus, decent bball team, I know a few people that go there, and about a 5 hour drive from my house. It'd be awesome if I could get in.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm currently attending Minnesota State University- Mankato.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
I live in North Jersey in Morris County. Penn State is somewhere I really wanna go. If I get accepted there, I'd probably go. Good football, beautiful campus, decent bball team, I know a few people that go there, and about a 5 hour drive from my house. It'd be awesome if I could get in.
I have a cousin who goes to Penn State and hates it, but then again he is an extreme pesimist.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

yeah penn state is the only school i'd really stay here for... udel and ru are nice but idk if im serious about going there... im in morris county too and its only 3 1/2 from me and yeh i know people there too... i think everyone in north jersey knows people there... what town do you live in? im in kinnelon
Old 08-31-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

I live in Chester but go to school in Mendham

Old 08-31-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
I live in Chester but go to school in Mendham
you guys are in our division for hockey... we tied you once and you beat us once by 1 goal... but your good kid graduated so we should beat up on you this year.... SHOULD we might not though, anything happens
Old 08-31-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

ha, I know we have a few good people left. At least people in my grade I think are good. Who was the good kid that graduated?

Old 08-31-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
ha, I know we have a few good people left. At least people in my grade I think are good. Who was the good kid that graduated?
oh i forget his name... my friends played with him on a club team... he was #47 and i think his younger brother is the goalie (whos okay)... i think one of the brothers names is troy but i could be wrong...
Old 08-31-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

What kind of grades do you get?

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
What kind of grades do you get?
3.45 GPA out of 4.3, like a 3.9 weighted GPA. Haven't taken the SATs yet. I am basically a B+ student.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Question, how heavy do schools rate the SAT's as opposed to grades?
Old 09-01-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Question, how heavy do schools rate the SAT's as opposed to grades?
its different for every school... some schools actually rate the ACTs just as high as the SATs
Old 09-01-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

ACT? Im Canadian and prob gonna go to school in the states so thats why Im not sure on alot of stuff.

Last edited by Man_Of_Steel : 09-01-2007 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard some schools rate the SAT more then grades.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:29 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now im at a community college in NY just to start off with the college life and getting my courses that i dont need for major out of the way and ill be transfering. So id better be looking as well. I have wanted to go to Alabama University but i dont know if NYS Credits would transfer over to Alabama.

But I wouldnt sugesst any school around my area because there sports are not the greatest. Espically football aka University of Buffalo. Basketball is alright around here like Niagara and Cansius and UB but the college in my town is terrible and i have no clue about graphic design.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

this may be dumb but i heard the SATs were not required at Alabama... anyone know anything about that?
Old 09-01-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
this may be dumb but i heard the SATs were not required at Alabama... anyone know anything about that?
Most schools in the south actually prefer the ACT to the SAT because the SATs are supposedly racially biased. Schools weigh test scores like SATs and ACTs highly because grades are basically dependent on your teachers while a standardized test score is just your knowledge
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I heard some schools rate the SAT more then grades.
Like UCF. :D

Schools are different, UCF is more SAT while UF is more GPA, I'm sure that's how it is everywhere.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

What is the ACT? Im Canadian and prob gonna go to school in the states so thats why Im not sure on alot of stuff.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What is the ACT? Im Canadian and prob gonna go to school in the states so thats why Im not sure on alot of stuff.
It's another standardized test. I never took it so I can't tell you too much about it other than the fact it's supposed to be more specialized in certain subjects than the SAT is
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote