Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-01-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

<--- App. State alumni

Goddamn, I should have stayed in town for graduate courses. I've been told they're going insane right now.

App. State is Hot Hot Hot, mutha****s!

Last edited by BX : 09-01-2007 at 05:42 PM.
BX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Because they lost one game? Yes, it was one of the worst losses in the school's history, but the season isn't over with yet. If they play like they are capable of playing and beat Wisconsin and/or Ohio State the season is still salvageable. Michigan could go 10-2 and win or share the Big 10 title. It's not out of the question. This Michigan team is better than they played today. A few years ago, Michigan went 7-5 and not all of the juniors jumped ship. People are making this loss out to be way more than it is. If they start losing more games, then we can act like it's the end of the world. This could be a blessing in disguise. We don't know. Michigan could be more motivated the rest of the way and play the rest of season with a chip on their shoulders. Just because they lost their chance at a National Championship doesn't mean they lost this season and next.
I just think with the team already losing it's biggest stars, you'll see a lot of juniors following them to avoid something like this happening again next year
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Sympathy? Are you kidding me 5th ranked Michigan cant beat a non division 1 opponent and you want sympathy?
Yeah, Notre Dame fan should be laughing. Your team sure is putting on a show. Granted, you are playing a much better team, but come on. I guarantee you won't be laughing in two weeks.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
<--- App. State alumni

Goddamn, I should have stayed in town for graduate courses. I've been told they're going insane right now.
Man Boone is already a craphole I can only imagine how badly they are tearing that place apart
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People keep bashing Michigan for this loss, but really, we should be giving App St. a ton of credit. That was one of the biggest upsets in college football history. The little team from the mountains came into the big house and got it done. Michigan didn't beat themselves. Appalachian St. beat them.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think I've ever spazzed out as hard as I did when Lynch blocked that FG. Jesus Lord... it's three hours later and I'm just now calming down enough to check out the boards reaction.

FNing. Epic.

Time to change my sig.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Yeah, Notre Dame fan should be laughing. Your team sure is putting on a show. Granted, you are playing a much better team, but come on. I guarantee you won't be laughing in two weeks.
As much as I love upsets I have to agree with PL. By the end of the year you could double Notre Dame's win total and it wouldn't equal Michigan's.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

LOL at all the Michigan fans on here who called me out when I said their secondary was going to be a load of crap this year. As I said in multiple threads... English is a good coach, but the michigan secondary is not only young, but it also lacks talent minus Donovan Warren.

You think this was bad? Wait until Oregon next week.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
LOL at all the Michigan fans on here who called me out when I said their secondary was going to be a load of crap this year. As I said in multiple threads... English is a good coach, but the michigan secondary is not only young, but it also lacks talent minus Donovan Warren.

You think this was bad? Wait until Oregon next week.
Yeah, but whatever they give up through the air, we'll give up twice that to Mike Hart. I'm not expecting us to walk on them at all.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

WOW!!!!!! Has this been the year of upsets. I mean the season ended with Boise State and Oklahoma and starts off with App State beating Michigan. HOLY!!!! I taped the end of the game with my camera on the TV. Its pretty good qulaity if anyone wants to see it. Im gonna try and load it on here.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

That wasnt just the worst loss in Michigan history that was probably the worst loss in NCAA football history.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
That wasnt just the worst loss in Michigan history that was probably the worst loss in NCAA football history.
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Michigan won a bowl game this decade?
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

super shocking and fun to watch.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had to listen to the game on the radio. But in your guys opinion did Michigan lose the game or did App St win it?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/e...t=000_0194.flv

here you go guys. straight from my camera. enjoy!!
Old 09-01-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

richdg hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1 game that is it. Congrats to ASU, they played great. Many people were hoping for a NC this year. But I didn't expect one. I figured we would loose at least 1 game this year. Now that we have that out of the way, a few thoughts. First get of Carr's back. He is a good coach. He won the only NC that we have won since 1948! Yes 1948! It is not like we were winning the NC every year before he came here. Bo lost 75% of all the bowl games that Michigan played in. I am tired of everyone blaming the coaches. Are they the ones out there missing tackles? Not knowing were they are supposed to line up? Missing blocks? Dropping passes? No. This is not the end of the world. Michigan is not going to loose more than they win. They will finish the season with at least 10 wins.
But, again-congrats to ASU. They deserved to win, and we did not.
richdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I had to listen to the game on the radio. But in your guys opinion did Michigan lose the game or did App St win it?
I watched the whole game, and I would say App State won it. Michigans defense couldnt stop them.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-01-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdg View Post
1 game that is it. Congrats to ASU, they played great. Many people were hoping for a NC this year. But I didn't expect one. I figured we would loose at least 1 game this year. Now that we have that out of the way, a few thoughts. First get of Carr's back. He is a good coach. He won the only NC that we have won since 1948! Yes 1948! It is not like we were winning the NC every year before he came here. Bo lost 75% of all the bowl games that Michigan played in. I am tired of everyone blaming the coaches. Are they the ones out there missing tackles? Not knowing were they are supposed to line up? Missing blocks? Dropping passes? No. This is not the end of the world. Michigan is not going to loose more than they win. They will finish the season with at least 10 wins.
But, again-congrats to ASU. They deserved to win, and we did not.
That has to be a pretty dumb things to say. Your right it is not the coaches fault that these guys are missing tackles, missing blocks, dropping passes. But it is ASU right that they made those tackles, made those blocks and caught those passes. Its not the coaches fault, yet they have to prepare these players and put them in a position to make the tackle. The coaches should have done a better job.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldn't even put michigan in the top 25, its a home game, vs a d-1aa, sorry, championship division team, they have no right to be over teams that have already won, now if they win some games against teams like wisconsin and other big ten schools, then they should get back in, but as of right now, no.
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
i wouldn't even put michigan in the top 25, its a home game, vs a d-1aa, sorry, championship division team, they have no right to be over teams that have already won, now if they win some games against teams like wisconsin and other big ten schools, then they should get back in, but as of right now, no.
There is no way they should be in the top 25 absolutely no way. Its not even like they lost to a San Jose State or Idaho..... This was a 1-AA team here.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-01-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Notre Dame has a bunch of Freshman playing against an experienced and very good defense in G Tech who almost beat us last year. . Henne is a senior with experience surrounded by great players with experience ... (Manningham, Hart.. etc) Dont even try to justify that Notre Dame losing to G Tech is just as bad as Michigan losing to App State. Notre Dame is a team this year that if they have 4 wins Charlie did a great job. Michigan was ranked number 5 and was a legit NC contender. And they lost to a 1-aa team. If Michigan beats us in 2 weeks when Notre Dame is 0-2. Do you really think thatt will make Michigan look better??? No because it is possible Notre Dame will start the season 0-8.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-01-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

NittanyLion2k7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't know what game you were watching but Michigan looked like they were playing a complete surprise of a team. There coverage schemes were terrible. Huge cushions to everyone, and everytime one of the ASU receivers caught a pass they were wide open by at least 5 yards. In fact I think Edwards completed like his first 7 passes at least. Sure Michigan is partly to blame. But they were playing prevent defense vs. a spread offense. They got killed partly because of coaching and that is not a lie.
NittanyLion2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes View Post
I say instead of the Big Ten adding another team... We kick out Michigan and add two more teams that can actually contend.

They embarrass the Big Ten as well.
Yeah, that makes a lot of ******* sense. Kick out the team with the most wins in college football history because of one game. Funny how you're talking about embarassing the Big 10 when you blew a huge dick on the biggest stage in college. So, if you could refrain from speaking, that would be a huge service to the rest of the board. LOLZ MICHIGAN LOST TO APP STATE LOLZ KICK THEM OUT OF THE BIG 10 HAHAHAHA OMGZ SUPER DUPER. That may be the dumbest statement I've ever read.

Rant aside, Appalachian State wanted it more. They made more plays, they played with fire etc...Michigan thought they could ride their history, the fact that they're Michigan and that they were ranked #5 and playing in the Big House and ASU said **** you. Mike Hart was the only player with a pulse and for that, I applaud Mike. Is it the worst loss in history? It's a strong possibility. Is it the end of the world? Nope. We can still win the Big 10 because last I checked, we're all 0-0 in the Big 10. So NittanyLion and Buckeyes think before you speak. Johnny Sears will be replaced by Warren next week and hopefully relegated to dime duty. The D will gel. The secondary sucks, plain and simple. But the rest of the D looked good in the second half, they made some adjustments.

On a final note, App State deserved this game, and Michigan has a lot of work to do. That being said, Michigan is not on a downward spiral or anything. One game does not break a program. We'll be back
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan looked like last year's Notre Dame.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is no way they should be in the top 25 absolutely no way. Its not even like they lost to a San Jose State or Idaho..... This was a 1-AA team here.
Guarandamntee App State could be a mediocre D-1 team. You're telling me two time D-1AA Champs wouldn't beat Duke, Stanford, Army etc....? You know damn well they would. They were fast, and pretty good.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote