Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 09-07-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Are you joking? None of those ACC teams are any good.

The Pac-10 is generally underrated I think. Cal and UCLA look really good this year, and Washington is a sleeper IMO.

Last edited by Jonny : 09-19-2007 at 05:38 AM.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NittanyLion2k7 View Post
Cross his name off. You still get the point though. For every Alan Branch and Lamar Woodley... theres a Gabe Watson and Prescott Burgess. Not saying other teams don't have this problem, but it's a more common occurance at Michigan.
No I'd say pretty much every school has it. For every Justin King and Dan Connor at PSU there's a Derrick Williams and an Austin Scott.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Wow someone ate Crow? I hear this stuff all summer on the college boards before they got deleated.

Back to the subject (I apologize for trailing off)

recruiting:
No recruit in their right mind would want to play deffense for Michigan unless they are just a huge fan of the school right now. They are no producing the talent like a powerhouse school should.
you act like their is no limit on scholarships, michigan is still a prestigous school, of all time, not just a few years....

ohio st cant sign everybody, michigan still has to get some 5 star athletes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
No I'd say pretty much every school has it. For every Justin King and Dan Connor at PSU there's a Derrick Williams and an Austin Scott.
BF51 posted a link in another thread. It was Colin Cowherd ripping on Michigan a year ago for not developing talent. He was absolutely right. In the Lloyd Carr era no team has been as poor at developing talent as the Wolverines coaching staff has. Sure, we do end up with guys like Mike Hart, LaMarr Woodley, Leon Hall, Marlin Jackson, etc. However, we end up with way too many guys like Gabe Watson, Prescott Burgess, Kevin Grady, James McKinney, Doug Dutch, Brett Gallimore, Jerome Jackson, and Larry Harrison. All those guys that I mentioned were four or five star guys who didn't live up to half of their potential, most not doing anything at the college level.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats up with doug dutch?

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:54 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
whats up with doug dutch?
After doing nothing at WR for three years he was moved to CB. He is currently 4th or 5th on the depth chart, which is sad.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't say Derrick Williams has underachieved...
Old 09-09-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
I wouldn't say Derrick Williams has underachieved...
Depends on how you define underachieving. He's been a good player, but hasn't played up to his potential. He was the #1 player in the country coming out of HS.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Depends on how you define underachieving. He's been a good player, but hasn't played up to his potential. He was the #1 player in the country coming out of HS.
Yea I guess, but he was injured his frosh year, and lst year had a first year QB.

His stats won't blow you away, but he's a good player.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Yea I guess, but he was injured his frosh year, and lst year had a first year QB.

His stats won't blow you away, but he's a good player.
From the #1 prospect in the country I expect big things
Old 09-09-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hate UM as much as the next gguy, but I highly doubt being horrid this year will effect recruiting. Michigan is Michigan and guys will still want to go there/

BTW, I think Mallet is better than Heene right now and Hennie is super overrated/ I xpect him to be a 3rd-5th round pick.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
BTW, I think Mallet is better than Heene right now and Hennie is super overrated/ I xpect him to be a 3rd-5th round pick.
I wish I could agree with you, but watching Henne move the ball against Oregon and watching Mallett move the ball was like day and night. As much as people want to blame Henne for that INT and his poor completion percentage, he did make some good throws and was responsible for 60% of Michigan's first half yards and their only score of the game.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My one main recruiting concern is McGuffie. He likes the staff, and I'm sure one major point for him was he'd be getting a chance to play RB, where alot of teams were offering him as WR or CB. If someone from the staff isn't elevated, and there is a big staff turnover, will he still come to Michigan if he's unsure that they'll let him play RB? Hopefully a decision is made right after the season is over on coaching, so that if a completely new regime takes over, they can get the word out to all the commits that nothing has changed, if that's the case. But I'd hate to lose him because either he's unsure of his future with Michigan, or even worse, because a new staff comes in a tell's him they want him as a receiver now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Wow someone ate Crow? I hear this stuff all summer on the college boards before they got deleated.

Back to the subject (I apologize for trailing off)

recruiting:
No recruit in their right mind would want to play deffense for Michigan unless they are just a huge fan of the school right now. They are no producing the talent like a powerhouse school should.
ummm not producing defensive talent?

4 Defensive Guys from UofM in the first 2 rounds...
Leon Hall CB 1st
Alan Branch DT 2nd
LaMarr Woodley LB 2nd
David Harris LB 2nd
Old 11-19-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

CB Boubacar Cissoko, LB Kenny Demens, and OT Dan O'Neill all state they are still committed to Michigan and plan on honoring their commitments.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...131/SPORTS0201

Quote:
"I'm going to go there and fight for my position," Cissoko said. "I would like to play for Coach Carr for the next four years. Whoever comes in as coach, I'll play for.

Asked if there was any chance of him not going to Michigan, Cissoko said, "No. None whatsoever."

Demens chose Michigan over Michigan State and Nebraska and said he will keep his commitment.

"I'm going to be a man about this," Demens said. "I'm not backing down. I'm just going to go there and work hard.

"It does matter to me who they hire. I'd like to see someone on the staff, like Ron English, get hired but if it's someone else I would be OK with it. I would like to have a conversation with him be cool with him.

"I'm real close with my high school coach (Dan MacLean) and I want the same when I go to college. There is no chance I will change my mind."
Old 11-30-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Some encouraging words from Cissoko.

Quote:

"I know I want to go to U-M ... i just want to take the visit because they've shown me some love, and it's hard for me to say no. I don't want to go to school there, I know I want to go to Michigan."

He added about visiting Illinois:

"It's kind've up to my family too; they are supposed to go with me. We have some family in Chicago and we're all supposed to go down there. So right now it looks like I'm going to be going ... its about 95%."

Cissoko has one more visit scheduled - what about that one?

"I'm supposed to go to Tennessee the 14th (of December), but I don't know about that trip. My family is supposed to go with me down there too ... but I might not do that trip."

And he added an interesting point:

"I know I want go to to Michigan ... I've been to these places before ...
-- I've been to LSU ... i went there the summer before my Junior year and met Les Miles.
-- I went to Illinois when Cortez (Smith, his teammate) went down there.
So I've seen them before ... and I know I want to go to Michigan."
http://michigan.scout.com/2/707039.html
Old 12-01-2007, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Just caught the tail end of Herbie on SC but did I hear Jon Tenuta for new DC?????????????????
Old 12-01-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Just caught the tail end of Herbie on SC but did I hear Jon Tenuta for new DC?????????????????
As much as I like Jon Tenuta, I think Cissoko really liked Ron English and this may change his mind.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
As much as I like Jon Tenuta, I think Cissoko really liked Ron English and this may change his mind.
I wish I could find it again, but I read a story on Ron English, and the recruits and current players really seemed to like him alot and look up to him quite a bit.

Quote:

Old 12-01-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie

Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.

Looks like Miles is now staying at LSU and Tenuna is staying at GT. That severally messes UM up and deservingly so after UM put him in such a bad position.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
Looks like Miles is now staying at LSU and Tenuna is staying at GT. That severally messes UM up and deservingly so after UM put him in such a bad position.
How did they put him in a bad position?
Old 12-01-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

I think he's trying to say that someone at Michigan leaked the info to Herbie. That is of course speculation. For all we know, someone at LSU leaked the info to force Miles hand in making a decision. Either way, I prefer Kelly as the next coach anyway. I would have liked Tenuda though. The only thing that worries me is that now Ferentz is still on the table.

Quote:

Old 12-01-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Interesting. If what I just saw was the press conference when Miles was supposed to announce he was staying at LSU with a contract extension, that sure didn't look like it. All I saw was him saying he was the Coach of LSU, and would be the coach of LSU. I never actually saw him say he was staying at LSU or anything about a contract extension.

Quote:

Old 12-01-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie

Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.

Quote:
How did they put him in a bad position?
Michigan could have waited till the end of the season for carr to retire, Instead he retired and created a distraction for Miles and LSU who were chasing a national title.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
Michigan could have waited till the end of the season for carr to retire, Instead he retired and created a distraction for Miles and LSU who were chasing a national title.
It's common practice for teams to announce coaching changes after the final game of the regular season and by all accounts, Miles was Michigan's second choice.