Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 09-15-2009, 04:47 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, not gonna get much going on such limited amount of carries, and he isn't going to get a ton of carries for a while, and they REALLY weren't going to risk him in a game that they were moving the ball so easily in.

I would have liked to see him get some more carries, but winning and having him healthy is more important than quieting critics.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just hoping our offense stays as high powered as it was last week. Philly's defense was pretty good (better then Detroit anyway) this week against Carolina. They only gave up 169 yards.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week Two: New Orleans Saints @ Philadelphia Eagles

Even without McNabb in the lineup, this poses as a big big game for us as the Eagles still have tons of weapons on offense and appears to still have a solid defense even with the passing of Jim Johnson. A good test for our team going into Sunday.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just checked the bookies, the odds are about dead even in this one. ought to be a close match if I ever saw one

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

S4L - your avatar is awesome

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Saints 4 Lyfe again.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is definitely going to be a test, even without McNabb we're in for a fight I believe. The Eagles are a very aggressive, high pressure Defense. We saw what they did against Carolina forcing 7 Turnovers. The key factor on Offense has to be ball security, and not allowing ourselves to commit costly Turnovers... as that will hurt you in any game, but because of the nature of the Eagles Defense those stakes are so much higher. We did have some mistakes vs. Detroit last week that I think we won't be able to get away with if it continues this game. We have to win the Field position battle.. as I don't think we'll be able to drive at will against this Defense.

Going to be interesting to see how the Eagles Defense attacks our Offense, they occasionally blitzed with success against Carolina, but the thing that has me concerned is that they can generate enough pressure with their front 4. Bushrod is going to need RB, TE support in Pass protection. I think we're going to see us bust out a lot of screen plays, Draw plays, Drew is going to have to work the snap count as much as possible to try and prepare for the possible blitzes, and to try and slow down that rush.

Going to be an interesting game that's for sure... definitely don't like the road enviroment, and aggressive Defense combination, especially after a lulling game like Detroit.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:09 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Having Smith and Grant back eligible to play will also have a positive impact for us.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Winning at halftime, but we had better get it together for the second half.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well that went well. jay for turnovers

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 09-20-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was an early road win the Saints needed. First half of this game went exactly as I expected, we got the early score which I thought was vital... but then the Eagles matched us, and played very tough. Offense stalled a bit in that half, as expected it took a while to make the adjustments when facing the Eagles Defense. Brees certainly was under more pressure in this game.

We stayed the course though, and eventually caught some breaks... at the start of the 2nd half. Forcing the fumble on that Kickoff return, the Interception on their side of the field, and the 14 pts turned out of it was the turning point of that game and really put us up. Special teams was a noticeable improvement over last weeks shortcomings... coverage overall was solid, and the punting game didn't give them much to work.... but we still allowed a long Kick return which gave the Eagles a short field.. and eventually led to a Touchdown for them... Just can't have that.

Defense is a work in progress.. I credit them for forcing turnovers but there are still concerns on that side of the ball. Hated seeing that blown coverage early which led to the long DeSean Jackson TD... the Wildcat really confused us early on.. as they got a lot of cheap yards from those Formations. I don't think we gameplanned for them using the Wildcat that often... and it cost us. Have to get prepared for teams in the future that have similar personnel.

Mike Bell's knee injury has me very concerned, he is absolutely vital to our running game; and with Pierre Thomas already banged up if he is out for a significant time we will see some regression in that phase of the game which I thought was improved with him in the line-up. I mean short term we can still put up points solely with our Passing game, but in the long term we'll need the running element of our Offense.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Want to reiterate how much I liked having Strief in as a 3rd offensive tackle on those grind it out drives where Bush and Bell were doing well.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Mike Bell's knee injury has me very concerned, he is absolutely vital to our running game; and with Pierre Thomas already banged up if he is out for a significant time we will see some regression in that phase of the game which I thought was improved with him in the line-up. I mean short term we can still put up points solely with our Passing game, but in the long term we'll need the running element of our Offense.
Right now, word is it's just a sprain. I hope it's nothing more.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 09-20-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Lance Moore even active for ya'll anymore, or what? :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Right now, word is it's just a sprain. I hope it's nothing more.
I'm hearing MCL sprain, same injury as Pierre Thomas had. Going to wait until the MRI and some solid info comes out but he might be out for a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Is Lance Moore even active for ya'll anymore, or what? :(
Payton said in his post game conference Lance Moore had a tight hammy, and was held out of the game sometime in the 1st quarter.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a great win for us but detractors will say it would have been a different game if McNabb would have been. We just have to keep on winning and going in as the underdog. I'm fine with that.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post

Bingo, a strong running game, especially the kind that Bell provides with the way he hits the holes hard, has been a huge reason for our passing game being so potent.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on the win today guys. I had a bad feeling before today and now I see why. I don't know if you guys wanna hear this or not, but I consider the saints to be strong threats to go all the way this year. That offense is scary good, ala the 07 patriots.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
That's a great win for us but detractors will say it would have been a different game if McNabb would have been. We just have to keep on winning and going in as the underdog. I'm fine with that.
I'm with ya, bro. Playing the underdog is great.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:34 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

McNabb doesn't play defense so how could he have really helped? Kolb was decent given the circumstances.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Congrats on the win today guys. I had a bad feeling before today and now I see why. I don't know if you guys wanna hear this or not, but I consider the saints to be strong threats to go all the way this year. That offense is scary good, ala the 07 patriots.
Im fine with it as long as its a well kept secret ;), so dont tell anyone

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 09-26-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week Three: New Orleans Saints @ Buffalo Bills

Has some feelings of a trap game for sure. Mike Bell and Lance Moore are both out, I believe. PT will probably be limited as well. It'll be up to Reggie Bush to provide something on the ground. The weather might be rainy I'm hearing. Stopping Fred Jackson, T.O. & Lee Evans is going to be tough challenge for our defense so hopefully Greg Williams' has our guys ready. We protect Brees successfully and I still think we can win this one.

GEAUX SAINTS!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is going to be a significant test for our defense. We are getting the no-huddle thrown at us along with receivers that can really stretch the field, which is something we haven't had the past couple of weeks. (Yes, Megatron and DeSean Jackson can stretch the field but T.O. and Lee Evans both are vertical threats)

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I think the play of Roman Harper is going to be crucial in this game.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

This game is going to be a battle, Special teams has been an Achilles heel of this team and that weakness continues to show with Buffalo's fake FG attempt resulting in a TD against us.

O-line and Bushrod in general are really struggling with protection so far.. Brees has been getting hit, and it showed on that fumble... Going to have to protect it up.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Bobby April used to coach a high school team right by my house. He lived like 3 blocks away from here.

Asshole.