Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 09-27-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That power I is still working wonders. We are getting 4-5 yards per carry with our backs in the first half, and then busting it wide open in the 4th quarter.

We are losing LT's fast, but I love this new attitude to run from the classic running formation, don't get fancy, just power it!
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hostile enviroment, windy rough passing conditions, Drew Brees facing a lot of pressure and held to under 200 yards passing, and 0 touchdowns.

This is definitely the type of game the Saints lose in the past, but Payton did a great job of making adjustments... letting the Defense dictate the pace of the game, playing the field position battle... and sticking with the running game. Pierre Thomas looked very good in the 2nd half..if he keeps running that way we might be able to hold out Mike Bell as long as possible to get healthy again.

If not for the Fake FG attempt, we have a shut out here. Huge game vs. the Jets next week who are also undefeated... maybe the game of the Week around the league.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the play of the Defense and Special Teams. Malcolm Jenkins is really proving to be a great pick from his ST play alone. This win goes to show that we can still beat you even if Drew Brees doesn't throw 5 TD's. nor does he have to; our defense has arrived.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved how the D showed they are legit although it prolly wasnt the easiest weather to play in but still. Bit worried about the OLine performance tbh. Loved how they won this game though, confidence booster

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:01 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just some day after thoughts:

I'd like to see Shockey, and our other TE Thomas.. involved in the passing game a little more, however from a play calling standpoint it's been hard to send them vertical often because they've been needed to block due to our struggles at Left Tackle... but boy if we ever can get it protected well enough to send our Tight Ends out, there is much to be had over the middle...

Also our Screen game has really been off.. every time we try running a screen the timing is off and either is incomplete, and gets blown up for a loss. I'm not sure if it's something the Offense need to work out, or if Defenses have just diagnosed it.

Bushrod is struggling in pass protection. I hope the Ankle injury doesn't hinder his footwork.. because he's already needed enough help from the Backs, and Tight Ends in Pass Protection. It would be great to have Jammal Brown back for these next 2 games.. but I guess we won't see him until after the Giants game at the earliest.

I really think we need Lance Moore back.. I hope he can go for the Jets game. Drew trusts him and looks for him often on key 3rd downs, and on hot reads when facing pressure. I thought Meachem would get his opportunity with Lance out, but he hasn't been noticed much.

Last edited by Auron : 09-28-2009 at 05:24 AM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:19 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Zach Strief every time I watch him play.

I can't wait to see our heavy package with Brown and Strief both in when he gets back.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have just one thing to keep from this game and that is how happy it makes me that the saints are winning these kind of games. This performance with all its flaws (and there were plenty) has made me convinced that the saints will make the playoffs

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 09-28-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I like Zach Strief every time I watch him play.

I can't wait to see our heavy package with Brown and Strief both in when he gets back.
So do I. I've been impressed with Strief for quite some time. I still think he's a better RT than Stinchcomb.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week Four: New York Jets @ New Orleans Saints

No words needed for this one guys. 3-0 vs 3-0. #1 offense taking on the #1 defense.

Any excited for this one like I am?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am hoping Sedrick Ellis holds a USC alumni get-together with Mark Sanchez every other play.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be lovely. He played a beast of a game yesterday. The Jets' offensive line has been REALLY impressive this season, though - I hope he can get the best of Mangold.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 09-29-2009, 02:04 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm worried about this game. The Jets have been playing fantastic lately and their defense is reminiscent of the superior Ravens defenses of the past years. The Saints offensive line struggled against the Bills blitz packages so I shudder to think at how we will fare against the exotic blitzes that Rex Ryan and Co. will throw at us.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:23 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I sit brees and go with cutler.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:09 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Should I sit brees and go with cutler.
maybe if it were in new york now i would just go with brees in the dome and everything

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 09-29-2009, 04:53 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
That would be lovely. He played a beast of a game yesterday. The Jets' offensive line has been REALLY impressive this season, though - I hope he can get the best of Mangold.
We were getting a great rush with just a 3 man front, that's a great sign for us!

And never never never bench Brees.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm worried about this game. The Jets have been playing fantastic lately and their defense is reminiscent of the superior Ravens defenses of the past years. The Saints offensive line struggled against the Bills blitz packages so I shudder to think at how we will fare against the exotic blitzes that Rex Ryan and Co. will throw at us.
I think Payton had an off day playcalling wise. he called an abnormally large number of runs (for his taste) and Brees, for whatever reason, didn't check into better plays against the blitzes.

we should be fine though playing at home.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Wrong. Payton didn't have a off day playcalling - he had a GREAT day playcalling.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Wrong. Payton didn't have a off day playcalling - he had a GREAT day playcalling.
only reason it could be considered great was the running game showed up. he did nothing to offset the blitzes. a 3rd and long draw play to reggie? that was a horrible call.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
only reason it could be considered great was the running game showed up. he did nothing to offset the blitzes. a 3rd and long draw play to reggie? that was a horrible call.
At first glance it looks bad, but considering the situation and how that game played out it was the right call. I believe the game was still 10-7 at that point... and the Defense had been playing outstanding. Very un-Payton like to go with the conservative play call in that situation but when you think about it? Why risk, a possible Turnover in the windy conditions and give Buffalo a short field to work with. Pin the them back, and make them earn their way down the field... and with the Defense playing how it was that day it paid off.

Looking towards this Jets game.. it's funny how our schedule has played out thus far, every week is building up to be a bigger challenge with this one being this biggest thus far. I remember the last time a Rex Ryan coached Defense came into the Dome; the results were not pretty for the Saints. Hopefully they'll look long, and hard at that Ravens game from 2006, and also the Jets Week 2 game vs. the Patriots and study from the mistakes made. The key IMO will be the Wide Receivers, and QB being on the same page for route adjustments, on the hot reads... there's going to be a lot of pressure being brought and the ball will have to come out quick.. if the receivers can adjust I think we'll be able to pull off some big gains, and maybe slow down some of the pressure.

That's why I would really like to see Lance Moore back for this game..he's really good at adjusting on the fly for hot reads, and Brees trusts him in pressure situations.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really excited for this game as a Jets fan. It will be pretty interesting to see how the new defense fares against the NFL's top offensive attack. Not really a stretch to say that the Saints are the biggest challenge for this team so far. I think the Saints will win this game, particularly playing in the dome. Either way I'm glad I'll get to actually watch it on TV this week, don't always get Jets games in Philly. Hope it's a good one.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:36 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I'm really excited for this game as a Jets fan. It will be pretty interesting to see how the new defense fares against the NFL's top offensive attack. Not really a stretch to say that the Saints are the biggest challenge for this team so far. I think the Saints will win this game, particularly playing in the dome. Either way I'm glad I'll get to actually watch it on TV this week, don't always get Jets games in Philly. Hope it's a good one.
if i had to guess the homefield advantage is what eventually makes the difference. a windy game in new york would be a whole different story to a game in the dome where the saints quick release game can flourish

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 09-30-2009, 06:47 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

I have a feeling we roll in this game, go into the bye week and talk about how great we are for two weeks, and we come out and get steamrolled by the Giants.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I have a feeling we roll in this game, go into the bye week and talk about how great we are for two weeks, and we come out and get steamrolled by the Giants.
I actually think the opposite. I think the Jets will win this weekend in the Dome. Their defense is gonna give Brees fits and cause him to make turnovers and i just don't see our Dline stopping their run.

I say we get beat 28-14 but then come out after the bye and beat the Giants.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Cheers, I'm hoping for a good clean game.. I hope you're right about the Saints winning. Likewise the Jets will be our toughest challenge thus far.. (atleast until we get to the Giants the week after next) I think for the most part this game will be tough, but I can't help but thinking it will start to slip away in favor of 1 of the teams. Either the Jets aggressive Defense disrupts Brees and our passing Offense, and then the Jets proceed to milk the clock and keep the Saints offense off the field... or the Saints will pull ahead with some explosive plays, and then things spiral when Sanchez tries to bring his team back from behind. I think it will be all or nothing when these two teams play.

I'm really intrigued as to how we'll decide to attack the Defensive looks the Jets will throw at us. Screens, and Draws may be able to generate some big plays but we haven't been very successful running screens. We might go to a lot of 3,4 WR looks and try to get some quick passes off if there are mismatches to be had. Which is why I feel having Lance Moore play this Week is vital... he's really adept at feeling the holes in the Defense, and he'll do some damage and move the chains underneath.

I think we can already conclude that Darrelle Revis will be able to completely take out one of our Wide Receivers from the game with his lock down coverage. I personally think they'll try to mirror him on Colston, as he's been our best WR through 3 Weeks... and he's been key on 3rd downs. That may leave opportunities for Devery Henderson, and possibly Robert Meachem. I'm not sure that with the pressures Drew will have time to get good looks Down the field... but eventually I think Payton's going to try to set up a Deep Shot or two. I have a feeling Payton is going to want to come right out of the gun Passing... and that may be a good thing or our downfall. We find the right mismatches we're golden. I'd love to see the Tight Ends be worked in the middle seams, and of course Lance Moore getting the quick slants, outs, hitches...
Old 10-02-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Lito Sheppard is out.