Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 10-22-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week Seven: New Orleans Saints @ Miami Dolphins

Classic trapgame situation here. Defense is going to have its hands full stopping Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams, but hopefully Gregg Williams has got to the guys on defense this week. Per tweets, Bush has been used in the scout team running the Wildcat and has looked great doing it. Hopefully that'll help our defense.

Our offense needs to protect Brees from Jason Taylor & Joey Porter. Blitz pickup will be key. I like our matchups with our WRs against their secondary, though. Brees will probably be looking to pick on Vontae Davis.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:17 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest problem we will face this week is defending against the wildcat, imo. However, it sounds like Williams has coached/planned for us to see it so hopefully we will be just fine. I'm more than confident in our O-line play and Brees' ability to get the ball into the hands of those who will put it in the end-zone.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone tell me why Channing Chowder & Akin Adoyele are talking so much damn trash? Ugh, I loathe that. Now I really hope we drop a 40-burger on them.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 10-23-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like you said possible trap game. We're coming off an emotional win, playing on the road vs. an unfamiliar team.. and we also have a huge game next week on Monday Night vs Atlanta... So there are some concerns in that frame of mind.

I believe we need to make Chad Henne throw as much as possible in this game. The Dolphins want to control the clock with their running game and limit our possessions. We have to be prepared to Defend the Wildcat, if Ronnie Brown, and Ricky Williams have a big game against us.. our Offense could be on the sidelines for the majority of the game... Although Henne looks like a very promising player, and will probably have some successful throws I think we're better off trying to force him to beat us through the air... rather then have Ronnie and Ricky chewing up the clock against us.

I have some worries because the Dolphins are definitely, a tough and physical team but if the Saints show up and their minds are focused on this game period, and not the Falcons the following week they should be able to edge this one out.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Can someone tell me why Channing Chowder & Akin Adoyele are talking so much damn trash? Ugh, I loathe that. Now I really hope we drop a 40-burger on them.
Akin is just *****ing with his bro, a guy named Channing Chowder just shouldnt talk at all imo

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I wanted to see how the Saints would respond in a situation where they would trail. They were faced with adversity today and responded with a true come from behind victory. I think this team learned a lot about each other, and their selves today. I don't think I've ever seen a Saints team make that kind of comeback, we were down 24-3 at one point; but I'm glad they kept fighting, and they truly won the battle of the 2nd half.

Play calling wise in the first half I thought we were way too One dimensional.. the Dolphins were expecting us to Pass and we played right into their hands. Especially backed up against our own Goal-line, way too risky going with those kind of play calls. The protection was poor, and it seems the Offensive line was confused by their pre-snap shifts, and movements from their Defense. I'm just glad we didn't give up on the run, and went to Mike Bell in the 2nd half... his 35 yard run really broke things open and when we established him it limited what Miami's pass rush could do.

Defense really stepped it up in the 2nd half... after getting punched in the mouth in the first half they stepped up the physicality and really limited Miami's running game. I'm not sure why Miami kind of went away from the run game in the 2nd half but I think they put the ball in Henne's hands a little more then they needed to and his inexperience in those kind of situations showed, but he did have some bad drops go against him. Wow props to Jabari Greer, is any Corner in the NFC playing better than him right now? He's made a huge difference.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK so here is the deal, I was watching the game and about to **** fire all through the first half. I was seeing red. We were down 24-3 and I got up to get a drink when I caught my refection in the mirror. I had a Cubs hat on. Then it hit me...Chicago, 2007 play-offs...oh no, I'm the jinx. I rushed in to my bedroom and changed my shirt and hat. By the time I got back into the living room, Brees was lunging over the middle to score and end the 2nd quarter.

The second half was a different story. I loved seeing Shockey go over 100 yards and is Darren Sharper just awesome or is it me. Thank God our offensive line got it together for the most part that second half as well. Count on Ellis being out a week or two with the sprained right knee.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Play of the day, David Thomas with a terrific tackle... on Reggie Bush :D

Great great game for us, Darren Sharper=DPOY.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

What concerns me from this game is how we came out injury wise... It looks like Sedrick Ellis, and Heath Evans both sustained injuries that although don't look season threatening... will keep them out for some significant time.

I think Hargrove filled in nicely for Ellis and was able to generate a good push in pass rush, and we can activate Clancy.. to play against the run... so we can get by at DT for now.... but the bigger worry is at Fullback where we have no true fall back option. With Evans out we lose a lot... a very solid lead blocker, and a nice check down option in the passing game.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Indeed, we do Auron. However, I think Dave Thomas will play a lot of TE/H-Back role for us.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:07 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just glad that the team showed it could come from behind and stuff

Saints 2014 draft

Old 10-29-2009, 02:18 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely ridiculous. Had to have been fumbled at like the two, and the ref is staring right at it.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:49 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
Absolutely ridiculous. Had to have been fumbled at like the two, and the ref is staring right at it.
Oh well karmic justice for the replay machine suddenly not working..
Old 10-29-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Oh well karmic justice for the replay machine suddenly not working..
Yeah, because this touchdown (which should have resulted in us having the ball) is totally equivalent to us getting a first down on a drive that yielded us no points IIRC.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
Yeah, because this touchdown (which should have resulted in us having the ball) is totally equivalent to us getting a first down on a drive that yielded us no points IIRC.
I'm not going to argue that it wasn't a bad call... but that one call did not lose the Dolphins the game. Good teams find ways to overcome a bad call, the Dolphins blew a 27-17 lead which they held midway through the 3rd quarter, and outside of the big Hartline reception, and following TD they didn't do much to stop the Saints from coming back in that 2nd half.

Even still the Refs didn't have a clear angle available to them at the time of the replay, and the sideline ref was most likely focusing on Sharper's feet making sure he didn't step out of bounds. I would focus more of my anger towards Ted Ginn, he doesn't bobble the ball up in the air, Sharper never gets the chance to pick it off and we're not even in a position to discuss this.

Last edited by Auron : 10-29-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Owned imo.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week Eight: Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints

Trying to go 7-0 on Monday Night Football against a division rival... doesn't get much better than that. Our defense will really get tested with Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Michael Turner & Tony Gonzalez coming into town.

This game has me worried - injuries to Heath Evans and Sedrick Ellis royally sucks as well. Hope Gregg Williams has some schemes to throw at their offense.

I think our offense can score some points on their defense - their secondary is looking mighty thin.

GEAUX SAINTS!

Old 10-31-2009, 03:16 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

yeah I dont like the injuries one bit. Luckily Ellis will be back sooner rather than later (as far as i know) but I would never think I'd say this from a FB in a pro system but the saints are really going to miss Heath. I dont think we will lose much with respect to lead blocking and stuff but it will hurt in Brees' receiving options and it basicly just limits the depth of the playbook.

Saints 2014 draft

Old 10-31-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

This is the most important game thus far in the season, because of it's NFC South implications... it's very important to take care of business within the Division so you control your own destiny at the end of the season. Right now it looks like Atlanta is the main obstacle in between winning the NFC South down the line, this game is so crucial because a Saints win would put them ahead 3 games in the Division; where as a loss would give the Falcons renewed hope, and would almost force us to have to win the rematch later in the season in Atlanta.

I expect the Falcons to give the Saints their best shot on Monday Night, and if they go down they'll go down swinging. I'm not sure if it's Mike Smith's style but I expect him to try and pull all the stops, even with trick plays and unexpected calls. I know the Falcons secondary is looking vulnerable but I hope we stay balanced with the running game, I expect Atlanta to game plan to try and hide the weaknesses in the Secondary as much as possible. We tried to take advantage of Miami's secondary by spreading the field, but it worked against us as we got too predictable.. and they were able to generate pressure. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

I think their Offense will be able to put up points... it's just not conceivable for me to think we'll be able to completely shut down weapons like White, Gonzalez, Turner throughout the whole game, and Ryan generally takes care of the ball. Hopefully we can still come up with a few timely Turnovers and take advantage. The early part of this game is very important if the Saints can go up early.. and turn it into a scoring contest that puts as in an advantage IMO... if Atlanta can slowly control the clock with Turner and move the chains, they will keep it a close game.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Game tonight! I'm stoked.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

im going to try and stay up for this one. could be that im to drunk by gametime though but we'll see

Saints 2014 draft

Old 11-02-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

7-0 baby

WHO DAT

Old 11-02-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Good god, this team is going to give me a damn heart attack.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

I agree but thankfully this year they are finding ways to win these kind of games, where as in years past after a timely Turnover late in the game things probably would've spiraled out of hand. Out to a great 7-0 start but there are still some issues.. lately we're having a lot of issues stopping the run. We got away with it this time but you can't let Michael Turner rush for 151 yards and expect to come away with a win. Have to work on finishing tackles a lot of very poor one arm tackling attempts at Turner that didn't effect him at all. Hopefully it will improve with Ellis, and Fujita back in the lineup.

They've prided themselves in being a 2nd half team and even though they broke through in the 4th quarter... I'd say the Falcons overall played better in the 2nd half outside of a few timely plays that went our way. The Fumbling just cannot happen... we dodged two bullets.. Pierre, and Mike Bell have to hold onto the ball... 2nd half we only came away with 7 points... that is not going to get it done. I thought Marques Colston had some favorable match-ups... I would've liked to see him become more involved, but overall the Offense outside of the one scoring drive was not able to move the ball to close the game out.

I'm worried about Goodwin... that looked like a really bad injury and I'm still kind of ticked about how it happened.. that would be a blow to lose our starting Center.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:38 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post

I'm worried about Goodwin... that looked like a really bad injury and I'm still kind of ticked about how it happened.. that would be a blow to lose our starting Center.
Yeah, it looked like who ever it was on the Falcons (can't remember who it was ) was pushing through on David Thomas a little late. You can't blame Thomas in a situation like that.