Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 11-30-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, having a healthy Tracy Porter would be great but hopefully Malcolm Jenkins is up to the task.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MALCOLM JENKINS WAS A BEAST TONIGHT!!!

Brees was on fire. I loved it.
And just who the hell is Darnell Dinkins? lol
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome win.

Welcome back Mike McKenzie.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike McKenzie played like he hadn't missed time. I'm so ******* excited!

Who Dat!!!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:47 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah outside of the very start the saints played lights out all game. Dammit Sed, just go down

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grats on a huge win. I must say it really sucked to see backup CBs named McKenzie and McCallister out there. Enough depth in the secondary yet? lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it looks like the team took this game a lot more serious then just another non-conference game... they really used this stage as an opportunity to show what this team was all about. It seemed they played this game almost with a play-off type of emotional effort.

Some thoughts, it's great to have Mike McKenzie back and I'm really glad he played the type of game that he did... he was anticipating, and getting great jumps on the quick routes New England tried to throw at him, and had crucial pass breakups, and an Interception that shifted momentum our way.

Malcolm Jenkins again major props to him for another solid game, he played a lot of man coverage on Wes Welker and limited him better than I thought anyone could.. the most impressive thing about Jenkins is his tackling, he just brings guys down.

The scary thing is we were without both starting Cornerbacks, and our starting Nickelback... I can't wait until we can get Jabari Greer back in the mix. Also it would be nice to have Reggie Bush, and Lance Moore back on the Offensive side, but at this point they are just luxuries.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of the 11 teams we could see in the play-offs, we've played two and neither of them has faced us with Bush or Moore. I like knowing we have some tricks up our sleeves left.

(6500 btw)

Old 12-02-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to think any and all weapons would produce mostly the same in our offense. It really isn't about talent anymore, as long as you know the playbook, you are going to produce. Sure, a few guys will get a few more big plays, like Robert Meachem, his talent level is clearly showing through, despite not being as versed in the playbook as others.

I can't wait to see what we have left in the playoffs, I think we are going to see a shift in the offense to throw teams off.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I'm starting to think any and all weapons would produce mostly the same in our offense. It really isn't about talent anymore, as long as you know the playbook, you are going to produce. Sure, a few guys will get a few more big plays, like Robert Meachem, his talent level is clearly showing through, despite not being as versed in the playbook as others.

I can't wait to see what we have left in the playoffs, I think we are going to see a shift in the offense to throw teams off.
Well I don't think just anyone could show up and be successful, you have to remember that to get to this point these receivers have had to put in so much extra work with Brees to get the timing of the routes, the location of the passes just right. Payton has shown he won't put guys out there unless they have a good enough grasp of the playbook.. which is why it took so long for Meachem to get out on the field in the seasons before. Also last season we expected big things from Shockey but he had somewhat of a disappointing year, because he didn't run all the routes as needed, and wasn't always on the same page with Brees... (remember them yelling at each other during the game @ Atlanta last season) but now Shockey has really worked to get exactly in tune with the Offense and you're seeing the difference.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Also last season we expected big things from Shockey but he had somewhat of a disappointing year, because he didn't run all the routes as needed, and wasn't always on the same page with Brees... (remember them yelling at each other during the game @ Atlanta last season) but now Shockey has really worked to get exactly in tune with the Offense and you're seeing the difference.
I find this to be rather funny because while Shockey does look a hell of alot more involved this year, he still isn't that important to the overall success of this team. He catches a ball here and there and scored like what 2 or 3 TDs this year? He really doesn't have the impact i was expecting in the receiving game.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
I find this to be rather funny because while Shockey does look a hell of alot more involved this year, he still isn't that important to the overall success of this team. He catches a ball here and there and scored like what 2 or 3 TDs this year? He really doesn't have the impact i was expecting in the receiving game.
He opens open things for other players on our team. He's still vital to what we do.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 12-02-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

IMO Shockey is having a much better season then last year, but overall yeah he hasn't been having the type of production I expected at the beginning of the year.

You have to keep in mind though that part of that is the nature of this Offense.. where the ball is constantly being spread around to keep Defenses off balance, also David Thomas has really emerged as a reliable target. Shockey still provides us with a big time threat at the TE position, on the 38 yard play-action Touchdown to Meachem.... Shockey really opened up that deep route for him because the Safety bit hard on Shockey's crossing route over the middle of the field.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

Don't get me wrong i like what he does for our offense and i know the ball is spread around alot, i just thought he would be used more often and live up to his past performances in NY.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was kind of my point, Shockey is playing phenomenal ball, Colston is playing well, Meachem, Henderson, David Thomas, Pierre, Reggie, Mike Bell, everyone is playing well, and we aren't skipping a beat when someone has a down day.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week Thirteen: New Orleans Saints @ Washington Redskins

Classic example of what could be a "trap game" and the Redskins have definitely had our number as of late. Hopefully, we can go into D.C. establish a running game and get out with the win.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 12-04-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just stay sharp and win the division that game, all I care about (well also injuries but the game can be ugly as hell for all I care)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

Everytime we play the Redskins i'm frustrated to no end. Lets hope things are different this time.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Just finished watching Sean Payton on NFL Network dissect the Redskins nickle package. I feel pretty confident that we will come away with a win this week as well.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Been saying it for weeks, I think if we lose any game, it's this one.

Short week, cold weather, bad team, they play us tough in recent history, they play EVERYone tough lately, coming off a HUGE win emotionally.

either way, as long as we trounce the cowboys, I don't care if we drop one!

I have a feeling this is the week we finally eat some humble pie though... maybe I've just been a Saints fan too long, and I can't stay optimistic.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Well the Redskins always play us tough, as mentioned they beat us in the last 2 meetings... so I'm expecting another brutally tough, game. They are at Home, facing an undefeated team I definitely feel they will get up to play this one.

Last season the main reason we lost was due to costly turnovers, and inability to convert short yardage situations. If we can protect the ball, and Pierre and Mike Bell can come through in short yardage I think we'll be able to pull this one out. Hopefully Greg Williams has some aggressive play calls lined up, to force Campbell into some mistakes.

Last edited by Auron : 12-05-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:14 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

either way, as long as we trounce the cowboys, I don't care if we drop one!
Quoted for ************* truth!

Old 12-05-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

I really don't want to drop this one though, I remember in 2006 when all we had to do was beat the Redskins at Home, and we'd clinch the Division of our own accord, and we had a major letdown and lost that game.

We still won the Division, but only because the other teams in the Division lost and it was a bittersweet feeling. I want to win the Division the right way this season.. on the field, and not because of Atlanta losing... Also if we lose, and the Vikings win they would hold the #1 seed due to tiebreakers.

So Payton's analogy stands correct. The most important game is always the next game... that's why this game is the biggest of the season right now.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Marvin Mitchell, Scott Fujita, Randall Gayand Jabari Greer will not play. I don't see this affecting the outcome. I still see us winning this one.

Old 12-06-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Tied at halftime, quite an exciting game. Especially with the Int - strip - TD by Meachem.