Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 12-19-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great game guys, I know alot of you hate the Cowboys but you guys showed alot of heart making it a game, honestly it's only so much you could do with Bushrod vs Ware, that wasn't even fair and it was a blatant mis match.

Hope to see you in the 2nd round of the playoffs, your still the best in the NFC and nothing wrong with losing 1 game at this point. Jenkins did struggle some, I always felt he would make a great safety or cover 2 corner, but it's still early. People can make that change like Antrell Rolle once you know it's not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the kind words, LL.

I hope I didn't jinx our team guys by missing watching our first game thus far this season. :( I'm sad... but, Miami is still our overall goal.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:41 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone said Jenkins wouldn't make it as a corner because he wasn't fast enough.

He didn't get beat because of lack of speed, he bit on a strong move, and was overaggressive on routes.

LL, we like you, k.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss you Jabari Greer. Get well soon. kkthx
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 12-20-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I miss you Jabari Greer. Get well soon. kkthx
I think what's going to speed up his recovery is some flowers and a singing gift card. I'm probably going to send both.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys have some voodoo magic over opposing kickers? hah. That was a close game yesterday, even if the Cowboys seemingly dominated the game, it was amazing how you were still able to be in it till the last second. Brees is a dangerous dangerous man. I was really worried about our secondary versus your air attack. ...and to be honest, they weren't that great... outside of Jenkins. Thankfully, Mike Jenkins > Malcolm Jenkins. ;)

Last edited by D-Unit : 12-20-2009 at 01:17 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't really start to feel the loss until the Day after. Right after the game I was kind of numb but indifferent, then for the first time all season I woke up with a sick feeling.... reminded of what losing tastes like.

Our pass protection in that game was terrible. Jermon Bushrod has had his ups and downs this season, and Saturday Night was definitely a Down night for him... I don't think I've seen Brees under pressure like that since early 2007 when the O-line was terrible. It wasn't just Bushrod, everyone had their mistakes... especially our Backs, and Tight Ends.

Malcolm Jenkins got picked on all night long... it was nice to have Porter back, and he made a difference, but we really need Jabari Greer back. Reggie Bush getting hurt definitely did not help matters either, he looked primed for a big game before he tweaked his hammy.

Overall Dallas looked like a team that came in more hungry, and overall it seemed like they wanted this game more.. and it showed.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I followed most of the game on my iPhone and noticed that Anthony Spencer was causing havoc all night long. Was he beating Stinchcomb badly or what?

Old 12-20-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of the time he was getting around Stinchcomb, other times it was Bushrod... but the biggest plays came when he came unblocked and blew Brees up... because of a Back, O-line blowing a Protection pick up.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brees himself has come out and said that he failed to recognize Ware at the line and make the adjustments to that.

You know i don't feel bad about losing,as a Saints fan i'm use to it, but the awful play of the offense and defense makes me feel unsatisfied...like we didn't leave it all out on the field.

In the long run i think a loss can help us but we shall see.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oddly enough, Bush not being there hurt us in pass protection a lot, Pierre Thomas whiffed more times and let a guy come in free than Bush has all year.

Strange even saying it, haha.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Not strange at all... Bush has become an excellent blocker when it comes to pass protection. For all the hate he gets, that's one thing he EXCELS at that largely goes unnoticed by the casual fan.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Only thing I can get mad about this year is his injuries. He's had limited carries, but he leads all of our backs in touchdowns, yards per carry, and yards per touch. Hard to argue with that, but he can't stay off the god damn piece of **** asshole ******* twatsickle injured list.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week Sixteen: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New Orleans Saints

Coming off a tough loss against Dallas, we still can lock up HFA with a win over the Bucs. I hope we come out and completely dominant them.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm wondering if, depending on the situation/score, we won't see Payton pulling players out.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

You know, I would expect him to. I fully expect him to treat the last game against Carolina much like a preseason game.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:13 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

I think one of the true gut checks for the Saints this season. It will be the first time this season we see how they handle a game after a loss.

If they come out and Dominate this game from the start I think all will be fine and that shows they will have re-focused... if however they continue to start slowly and let the Bucs hang around in this game.. it's time to seriously worry heading into the playoffs.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mother god damn ******

Old 12-27-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Son of a f'n *****. Just... ugh, ugh, ugh.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playoffs?!?!? This team is gonna get ******* destroyed in the playoffs. What the hell happened to the team that decimated the Patriots?

Where the hell is Carney? i have more faith in the old man than this new guy
Old 12-27-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
Playoffs?!?!? This team is gonna get ******* destroyed in the playoffs. What the hell happened to the team that decimated the Patriots?

Where the hell is Carney? i have more faith in the old man than this new guy
Some good it did hiring him as a consultant.

Carney: Between the up rights kid.
Dead man: Sure thing sir.
Carney: WTF was that?
Dead man: Was that bad?

Old 12-27-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well that sucked

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

We all just became Bears fans.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Not even Jesus could help the Bears
Old 12-27-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Not necessarily. I believe even if the Vikings win on MNF, if we beat Carolina next weekend we'll have HFA.