Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 11-25-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

So far so good.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't see the game but we won. Yay. Been away for awhile.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you boys for the win, however, unlike the past couple of games the Saints this time showed up in the second half but failed to show up in the first half. We'd be dangerous if we could put together a complete game of football.

On a side note, Jason David didn't look that bad out there today.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They showed some positive things today. Most important aspect was protecting the football, and finally taking full advantage of turnover opportunities. I think that was the most Turnovers we've forced Defensively in a while.

I'm not going to get too high off this victory though, Carolina was a reeling football team with many troubles of their own. HUGE game next week against the Division leading Bucs.. that will be the true test as to whether or not the Saints are serious about contending for a playoff spot this season.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
They showed some positive things today. Most important aspect was protecting the football, and finally taking full advantage of turnover opportunities. I think that was the most Turnovers we've forced Defensively in a while.

I'm not going to get too high off this victory though, Carolina was a reeling football team with many troubles of their own. HUGE game next week against the Division leading Bucs.. that will be the true test as to whether or not the Saints are serious about contending for a playoff spot this season.
Exactly. It was a good win and I'm glad for it but it was a game we should have won. Now, we gotta concentrate on Tampa Bay and get a W. I did see one thing I wanted out of the Saints and that is Pierre Thomas. We need to give him the ball more and take Aaron Stecker out of the game plan. I think PT can be the guy who gets those tough yards in between the tackles. Stecker just doesn't impress me with his running.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-02-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ussually in Payton's favor but that was an awful play call in that situation, I guess that's just the way this season goes but boy did we blow that one.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone kill me. Please.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 12-02-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

That was an awful play call. After giving Reggie Bush a year to develop I have not seen any development. I am [] this close to calling him a bust.

We need so much help on our defense. I just can't say it enough.

I am also not happy with Sean Payton with that call for a double reverse. That is a call left for when we have a defense on their heels not when we are trying to run out the clock.

I am just not happy about being a Saints fan. We should just lose out to get a better draft pick.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-03-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Oh saints..you never change.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Dome Patrol

Payton wishes he could have that back.. said he wouldnt have called it (obviously). But.. on the other hand.. its a play they've practiced and players get paid to execute.. they didnt do that. Even aside from that play.. the Saints looked horrible. The D showed up on a few plays.. but not enough. The O.. was disappointing as well.

For those interested.. here's Coach Paytons press conference

http://www.zshare.net/audio/53499190dfd6b8
Old 12-03-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
Oh saints..you never change.
LOL, pretty much. But their our team and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:33 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Haha, yeah, I know what you mean.

You just learn to expect stuff like that after so long. I mean..they've been doing it for 40 years.

Whether its blowing a 28 point 4th quarter lead or losing on a game tying play, they'll find a way to do it.

And I'll never give up on them.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
Haha, yeah, I know what you mean.

You just learn to expect stuff like that after so long. I mean..they've been doing it for 40 years.

Whether its blowing a 28 point 4th quarter lead or losing on a game tying play, they'll find a way to do it.

And I'll never give up on them.
I think its the same with all the fans of the Saints.

Suffering is what unites the Brotherhood of the Fleur-De-Lis.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-04-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Its always the what if factor that pulls you back in, I think. Well what if they turn it around this year.

Then they don't and we wonder what we were thinking.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

The thing is.. they were supposed to have figured it out last season. The culture of losing in New Orleans was supposed to be changed by a Coach of the year, and big things were expected for the future...

and instead it seems like this team has regressed in every aspect of the game. Which is very disappointing considering the current state of the NFC, I mean outside of Dallas, and Green Bay this season no one has looked above average, and we floundered an opportunity to take advantage.

In the end all is not lost, things in the NFL change quickly...cellar dwellers frequently rise up to competitiveness and visa versa. There are some solid building blocks on this team set in place, with some wise Drafting and Personnel moves we can be right back in the thick of things by next season. Depending if Payton learns and grows as a Head Coach, and how some of our key young players develop. (Bush, Colston, Harper...etc)
Old 12-05-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
The thing is.. they were supposed to have figured it out last season. The culture of losing in New Orleans was supposed to be changed by a Coach of the year, and big things were expected for the future...

and instead it seems like this team has regressed in every aspect of the game. Which is very disappointing considering the current state of the NFC, I mean outside of Dallas, and Green Bay this season no one has looked above average, and we floundered an opportunity to take advantage.

In the end all is not lost, things in the NFL change quickly...cellar dwellers frequently rise up to competitiveness and visa versa. There are some solid building blocks on this team set in place, with some wise Drafting and Personnel moves we can be right back in the thick of things by next season. Depending if Payton learns and grows as a Head Coach, and how some of our key young players develop. (Bush, Colston, Harper...etc)
I actually have not been impressed with Harper at all. I don't like him in coverage at all and he frequently takes bad angles. I've been impressed with Josh Bullocks actually. If we had a corner who could actually play in front of him instead of placing all of the pressure solely on top of shoulders then I think he'd be a great FS. Actually, something I've considered, is what if Bullocks was placed at SS? He has the speed and tackling ability to blitz and would have our best corner playing in front of him. I think it'd work.

It is evident what changes need to be made. I'm wondering what Usama Young's role will be next year. I don't want us to invest a first round draft pick on a cornerback and stunt his growth. I think LB and DT are our biggest needs. We also need some big time help along the offensive front and I'm hesitant to say that we should move Jammal Brown back to RT and try to go after a LT.
I am not impressed with Reggie Bush at all. He needs to be used more as a WR than up the gut RB. I would have figured Payton would have figured that out.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-06-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Both Harper and Bullocks have had their struggles, more often than I would like. I think both are prone towards peeking into the backfield, and blowing coverages.. Neither are great tacklers, Harper is a big hitter but his technique and consistency can be improved on. They are both relatively young so my thought is with time they will improve as a Safety tandem, but they keep making the same mistakes over and over. I'd give them a shot, but if there is a prime talent and opportunity to upgrade the position say a Kenny Phillips available to us in Round 1 I don't think either should prevent us from taking him.

I'd like to see Usama get more playing time at Corner as the season winds down..have to see what kind of role he can be depended on for next season. Trying to acquire blue chip talent at LB and DT is almost mandatory this off-season, we've been getting by with below optimal talent at those positions for too long. Offensive Line could definitely use an upgrade, I'm not ready to give up on Jammal Brown at Left Tackle quite yet... his play has declined somewhat from last year but he's still shown has potential to be a good player at that position, but I agree his play must improve if we are to have success as an Offense. Perhaps if we slide low enough and somehow Jake Long is available.. it could become an option. Otherwise I'd like to acquire a new Interior Guard to replace Nesbit (who IMO has become a hinderance in the run game, he just doesn't have the athleticism to pull, and get to the outside on outside toss, sweeps, and screen plays) Would like to go after Faneca in the Off-season.

Bush isn't living up to expectations, I'm disappointed but the situation is what it is. Once Deuce went out with the injury... we really didn't have anyone to carry the heavy duty burden in the run game, and Reggie was forced into a situation he was not ready for. I think if somehow Deuce comes back partially effective, or we can find a decent compliment back for Bush that will bring some level of stability back to the Offense.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

This was a good one but it did not seem complete.

Pierre Thomas still needs to get the ball more.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-10-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Beating the Falcons is never a bad thing... Brees played like a franchise QB, and Colston is a monster.

Stecker / Pierre Thomas ran the ball hard, and we managed to get some pressure on the QB for the most part. However we still played the Falcons, another team in pretty bad shape, with a deteriorated O-line...

but whatever winning feels good so I'll be happy for this week at least. :)

Last edited by Auron : 12-10-2007 at 11:32 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Stecker ran strong for most of the night, but I didn't realize he went an impressive 20 for 100, and a few catches of course, until looking at the stat sheet. Nice job, I think the capable veteran can do a solid job as the starting back in what is a hopeful run to the playoffs by the Saints these last few weeks.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Thoughts on the upcoming game vs. the Cardinals? We're at Home and favored by 3.5 I believe.. which makes me nervous... because we haven't played well at Home this season.

I think if we ride momentum and take care of business we should be able to control the flow of the game. Jumping out early, using the passing game to set up the run for Stecker/P.Thomas... blitz Warner and take away the ground game. However this could very easily turn into a repeat of the Rams game. Fitzgerald/Boldin and the rest of those receivers are more than capable of eating our Secondary up, if we don't get the necessary pressure on Warner. The Cardinals Defense can be tricky too, they've given up some big plays lately but they have some players, and Defensive looks that can generate confusion, and pressure. Offensive Line must be up to the task in this one...
Old 12-14-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Thoughts on the upcoming game vs. the Cardinals? We're at Home and favored by 3.5 I believe.. which makes me nervous... because we haven't played well at Home this season.

I think if we ride momentum and take care of business we should be able to control the flow of the game. Jumping out early, using the passing game to set up the run for Stecker/P.Thomas... blitz Warner and take away the ground game. However this could very easily turn into a repeat of the Rams game. Fitzgerald/Boldin and the rest of those receivers are more than capable of eating our Secondary up, if we don't get the necessary pressure on Warner. The Cardinals Defense can be tricky too, they've given up some big plays lately but they have some players, and Defensive looks that can generate confusion, and pressure. Offensive Line must be up to the task in this one...
I have a hard time seeing us winning out. I have the same worries about the Cards game that you do, Auron.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-15-2007, 02:08 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just my prediction, Warner is going to put on a greatest show on turf style performance with 4 TD and 300+ yards since Quan and Fitz are both back. Henderson will beat us deep once for 40+ yards for a TD, and Colston will run over Holt for a TD at least once, the key for both teams will be the running game, which ever offense can keep the other off the field will end up winning this game

Cardinals 38 Saints 24

Had to post so I could come back and say I told you so, of course if we get our ass beat i will man up and eat my crow as well

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt Boldin plays, he was wearing a boot through Wednesday and only did limited (whatever that was) practice for Thursday and Friday. Plus Larry Fitzgerald isn't 100 percent, but I suspect he'll still have a good day against McKenzie (assuming the Saints keep him at RCB like they did last week).
Old 12-15-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I doubt Boldin plays, he was wearing a boot through Wednesday and only did limited (whatever that was) practice for Thursday and Friday. Plus Larry Fitzgerald isn't 100 percent, but I suspect he'll still have a good day against McKenzie (assuming the Saints keep him at RCB like they did last week).
My sources say he is going to play and that what ever Whiz is telling the media is basically BS

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote