Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I LOVE U LOVIE!
Old 01-21-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys
Until today I never heard of this Saints67 guy, what did you just join the site after the Saints were going to their first conference championship game EVER?
no, i've been here since last year..

i didn't post much..i only posted tidbits on news etc.
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu
The Saints imploded more than the Bears won. I'm not sure bf-51 how you can argue that the Bears were alot better than them. If you said that they were better, fine, I can buy that, but to say a lot better? The Saints, outside of self-created mistakes that didn't seem weather warranted, played better for 2/3rds of the game.

But either way, we are in the Super Bowl, so thats all that matters. The Saints had the same flaw as us, which is susceptibility to pass rush if allowed to tee off. I'm rooting for the Colts, as I think we match up great against the Colts and would probably be the favorites in that game. ALthough, I do think the Patriots are the favorites.
The same thing I've been saying all year, the Saints run defense is terrible. It's disgusting really. They can't stop anyone. All it took was on drive of Grossman actually moving the ball and making them respect the run and they folded like a stack of cards.

But I can't see how you picked us to finish 8-8 and for the Vikings to win the division, so I guess we're even.
Can you honestly say that the Bears dominated this game today? That's the short of it, and I don't see any way that is a reasonable assessment relative to the argument that the Saints self-imploded. The defense had holes early on, but the Saints self-imploded and wasn't able to take advantage. The Saints offense was moving the ball, but self-imploded. That's essentially the argument you are making, and for most of the game, that wasn't valid.

I made that 8-8 pick in March of last year. Nice job bringing it up I guess.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh no, not the super bowl shuffle! I don't care if the Bears win the SB, I DONT WANT TO HERE IT!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know what Kyle Orton will be doing tonight...

Old 01-21-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck in the Super Bowl, Bears fans. I am very disappointed the Saints could not go, or that they did not make a better showing in this game, but the Bears looked more prepared.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

And now..without further delay..."The Bear's Shuffling Crew!!"

(CHORUS)
We're the Bears Shufflin' Crew.
Shufflin' on down, doin' it for you.
We're so bad we know we're good.
Blowin' your mind like we knew we would.
You know we're just struttin' for fun
Struttin' our stuff for everyone.
We're not here to start no trouble.
We're just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle.

Well, they call me Sweetness,
and I like to dance.
Runnin' the ball is like makin' romance
We've had the goal since training camp
To give Chicago a Super Bowl Champ.
And we're not doing this because we're greedy.
The Bears are doin' it to feed the needy.
We didn't come here to look for trouble,
We just came here to do
The Superbowl Shuffle.

This is Speedy Willie, and I'm world class.
I like runnin', but I love to get the pass.
I practice all day and dance all night,
I got to get ready for the Sunday fight.
Now I'm smooth as a chocolate swirl,
I dance a little funky, so watch me girl.
There's no one here that does it like me,
My Superbowl Shuffle will set you free.

I'm Samurai Mike. I stop 'em cold.
Part of the defense, big and bold.
I've been jammin' for quite a while,
Doin' what's right and settin' the style.
Give me a chance , I'll rock you good,
Nobody messin' in my neighborhood.
I didn't come here lookin' for trouble,
I just came to do the Superbowl Shuffle.

(CHORUS)
I'm the punky QB, known as McMahon.
When I hit the turf, I've got no plan.
I just throw my body all over the field.
I can't dance, but, I can throw the pill.
I motivate the cats, I like to tease.
I play so cool, I aim to please.
That's why you all got here on the double,
To catch me doin' the Superbowl Shuffle.

I'm mama's boy Otis, one of a kind.
The ladies all love me
For my body and my mind.
I'm slick on the floor as I can be.
But ain't no sucker gonna get past me.
Some guys are jealous
Of my style and class.
That's why some end up on their (bleep).
I didn't come here lookin' for trouble,
I just get down to the Superbowl Shuffle.

They say Jimbo is our man.
If he can't do it, I sure can.
This is Steve, and it's no wonder.
I run like lightnin', pass like thunder.
So bring on Atlanta, bring on Dallas.
This is for Mike and Papa Bear Halas.
I'm not here to feather this ruffle,
I just came here to do
The Superbowl Shuffle.

I'm L.A. Mike and I play it cool.
They don't sneak by me 'cause I'm no fool.
I fly on the field and get on down.
Everybody knows I don't mess around.
I can break 'em, shake 'em,
Any time of day.
I like to steal it and make 'em pay.
So please don't try to beat my hustle,
'Cause I'm just here to do
The Superbowl Shuffle.

(CHORUS)
The sackman's comin', I'm your man Dent.
If the quarterback's slow,
He's gonna get bent.
We stop the run, we stop the pass.
I like to dump guys on their (bleep).
We love to play for the world's best fans.
You better start makin'
Your Superbowl plans.
But don't get ready or go to any trouble,
Unless you practice
The Superbowl Shuffle.

It's Gary here, I'm Mr. Clean.
They call me "hit man"
Don't know what they mean.
They throw it long and watch me run.
I'm on my man, one on one.
Buddy's guys cover it down to the bone.
That's why they call us the 46 zone.
Come on everybody, let's scream and yell.
We're goin' to do the Shuffle,
Then ring your bell.

You're lookin' at the Fridge,
I'm the rookie.
I may be large, but I'm no dumb cookie.
You've seen me hit, you've seen me run.
When I kick and pass, we'll have more fun.
I can dance, you will see.
The others, they all learn from me.
I don't come here lookin' for trouble,
I just came here to do
The Superbowl Shuffle!
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Saints imploded more than the Bears won. I'm not sure bf-51 how you can argue that the Bears were alot better than them. If you said that they were better, fine, I can buy that, but to say a lot better? The Saints, outside of self-created mistakes that didn't seem weather warranted, played better for 2/3rds of the game.

But either way, we are in the Super Bowl, so thats all that matters. The Saints had the same flaw as us, which is susceptibility to pass rush if allowed to tee off. I'm rooting for the Colts, as I think we match up great against the Colts and would probably be the favorites in that game. ALthough, I do think the Patriots are the favorites.
The same thing I've been saying all year, the Saints run defense is terrible. It's disgusting really. They can't stop anyone. All it took was on drive of Grossman actually moving the ball and making them respect the run and they folded like a stack of cards.

But I can't see how you picked us to finish 8-8 and for the Vikings to win the division, so I guess we're even.
Can you honestly say that the Bears dominated this game today? That's the short of it, and I don't see any way that is a reasonable assessment relative to the argument that the Saints self-imploded. The defense had holes early on, but the Saints self-imploded and wasn't able to take advantage. The Saints offense was moving the ball, but self-imploded. That's essentially the argument you are making, and for most of the game, that wasn't valid.

Isn't that how our defense always plays? Isn't that what they do? Bend but don't break? This is exactely how they wanted the game to go except for that one play Reggie Bush made. Giving up yards but not points and causing turnovers. We led the game the entire time and ended up winning by 25 points, yes I would say that is a dominating performance relative to the playoffs anyway.

And I bring it up because you are always looking for reasons to doubt the Bears, even to go so far as to look for real competition in the North when there obviously wasn't any.

"This game was more the Saints imploding". I don't buy that for a second. We made them implode.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Bears vs Colts

Super Bowl of the Century
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

tylaw24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
Bears vs Colts

Lol k . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U
thx ^sig by cardsalltheway^
Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
the 08 Raiders will be without a doubt the best SB team ever.
tylaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
Bears vs Colts

Rexxie vs Peyton
Old 01-21-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Isn't that how our defense always plays? Isn't that what they do? Bend but don't break? This is exactely how they wanted the game to go except for that one play Reggie Bush made. Giving up yards but not points and causing turnovers. We led the game the entire time and ended up winning by 25 points, yes I would say that is a dominating performance relative to the playoffs anyway.

And I bring it up because you are always looking for reasons to doubt the Bears, even to go so far as to look for real competition in the North when there obviously wasn't any.

"This game was more the Saints imploding". I don't buy that for a second. We made them implode.
FIrst, let me start with, I didn't post here in the fall awhile, but I did post on the Bears site. And at that point, I can go around digging for my file if you want, I had the BEars at 11-5 and going to the conference finals. So, I'm not sure how I was doubting us all along. Yes, I did pick against the Bears in this game, but so did many others, and losing one game isn't really doubting a team.

Second, you said something along the lines of, we were a much better team. I said if you said we were better, then yes, I agree with that. Much better, I would disagree, and if deciding between

a) The Bears were much better
b) The Saints imploded

I would lean B because the Saints were the better team for most of the game outside of the 4th Quarter. I'll take a look at the film later this week, but I doubt I'd change my opinion on that. It seemed, at first glance, more of a case of the Saints not making open plays and self-imploding than the Bears forcing them otherwise, but as noted, I would readily agree that the Bears were better, just not much better.

Either way, this is sort of a fruitless discussion in the end and more just a discussion on the game. Getting to the SB is all that matters, no matter how good a team is, if you get there, who cares.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lovie v.s. Disgruntled Hippie

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So those Bears, they sure suck and have no chance eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. And I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I'm just tired of everyone doubting us even though we've been the best team in the NFC all year long. Hell just look at the poll.

And I don't know how you can post on the Bears board. Even I think the amount of homers is overwhelming.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn...does this mean i have to change one of my quotes?
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Well the Bears won the contest to see who gets the crap kicked out of them in two weeks by the Colts or Patriots. The only reason the Bears are in the Super Bowl is because of the pissant schedule they had. You play a bunch of bad teams you are bound to win at least 12 games. You win those twelve games then you play a terrible team in the Seahawks and then you win because of weather and a poor field against the Saints. What a conjob.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing
Well the Bears won the contest to see who gets the crap kicked out of them in two weeks by the Colts or Patriots. The only reason the Bears are in the Super Bowl is because of the pissant schedule they had. You play a bunch of bad teams you are bound to win at least 12 games. You win those twelve games then you play a terrible team in the Seahawks and then you win because of weather and a poor field against the Saints. What a conjob.
Wow.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

cool to see my bears in the superbowl! Alright!
Old 01-21-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
Quote:
Wow.
Story of our season. Let me guesss...you're a Titans fan?

Please shut the **** up.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SUCK IT! 39-14! HATERS BE DAMNED!

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shut your ******* mouth.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
SUCK IT! 39-14! HATERS BE DAMNED!
me like raoul duke
Old 01-21-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
wow
Old 01-21-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
Quote:
Wow.
Story of our season. Let me guesss...you're a Titans fan?

Please shut the *********** up.
Why should I shut up? Because I see through the BS that is the Chicago Bears?
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote