Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lmao all the dimwits at ESPN picked the Saints except Accuscore. :shock:

guess the forgot the facts:
*No dome team has ever won a conference championship game outdoors.
*No 3-13 team has ever made the Super Bowl the following season.
*The Saints have never gone to the Super Bowl.

all those facts will remain true after Sunday.
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol
Bears special teams vs. Saints special teams
winner: even

Bears coaching vs. Saints coaching
winner: Saints (close)

Bears intangibles vs. Saints intangibles
winner: Saints (close again)

I call shenanigans on all three of those. Devin Hester broke records, and until last week our coverage teams have been pretty good. Sean Payton hasn't proven he's a better coach than Lovie Smith. Lovie got 11 wins out of this team with primarily Kyle Orton at quarterback, Payton got 10 with Drew Brees. They both won coach of the year, (although you can argue that Mangini deserved it more, but Payton had the whole coaching in New Orleans thing going for him). And the Saints don't have intangible edge on the Bears. Most of the Bears team has been in the play-offs before, and they'll be at home, behind their fans, in their weather.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
Quote:
Bears special teams vs. Saints special teams
winner: even

Bears coaching vs. Saints coaching
winner: Saints (close)

Bears intangibles vs. Saints intangibles
winner: Saints (close again)

I call shenanigans on all three of those. Devin Hester broke records, and until last week our coverage teams have been pretty good. Sean Payton hasn't proven he's a better coach than Lovie Smith. Lovie got 11 wins out of this team with primarily Kyle Orton at quarterback, Payton got 10 with Drew Brees. They both won coach of the year, (although you can argue that Mangini deserved it more, but Payton had the whole coaching in New Orleans thing going for him). And the Saints don't have intangible edge on the Bears. Most of the Bears team has been in the play-offs before, and they'll be at home, behind their fans, in their weather.
I agree. I think the last two are debatable (especially cause I don't know what intangibles is supposed to mean) but the special teams one is absurd.

Billy Cundiff or Robbie Gould. Hmm....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
IBleedNavyandOrange
Rookie

IBleedNavyandOrange hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
I am rooting for the Bears because I use them in Madden and I want them to get better.
That's as good a reason as any for people who aren't committed fans of one team or the other. And I like that logic a whole lot better than "the Saints are a 'feel-good' story." Puh-leeze. The Saints are winning because of what happened with the hurricane, and anyone who is supporting the football team because they wish the city of New Orleans well should frickin' donate time and/or money to relief/rebuilding efforts, instead of salivating over a worst-to-first sports story.

It's a total joke to say anyone who isn't a Bears fan should root for the Saints. The Saints aren't holy or blessed or "America's team"; they've been close for years now to ditching NO for LA or SA or anywhere but the market and stadium the owners despise. If anything, people should root against the Saints for being such a terrible organization for years, and riding this "team of destiny" crap once they turn it around and get a good QB to go with a good RB and good coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogartynyy2789
1. It would be the greatest Cinderella Story in NFL history.
Why do people like Cinderella stories? What is wrong with an organization having tradition and a history of improvement, and being strong long-term? Why are people so obsessed with a team that was utter crap one year, and good the next (especially in an era of last-place scheduling, etc.)? In my opinion, it's an indicator that something might be wrong with a league when a team can pull off such a huge swing in one year (and conversely, good teams go in the dumper in the same time period). Fan loyalty gets crapped on in this system, and you get all sorts of bandwagoning. It's flavor-of-the-month.

And that shows in this poll and in the ridiculous statements people are making about this game. The Bears' defense is struggling up the middle lately, but the edges are still strong and match up very well against the Saints' strengths on offense. Which to me, means Brees gets a lot of time to throw, but he's not going to find much to throw to. That doesn't matter, because it'll be McCallister running up the gut (want to see Bush get lit up again? Try sweeping him around the DE). Yes, the Saints have a potent offense, and the Bears won't be able to stop them. But the Bears have improved in one critical category this year from last--big plays. The defense makes them, and doesn't give them up. In the end, the Saints score 21-28 points.

The Bears' offense? Look for Benson to have a monster game as the Bears do the same thing as the Saints look to do. Rex won't have a lights-out game, but Turner called a very good game in the first half last week, and look for the Bears to do the exact same thing this week. Rex will play within the plan, taking sacks and checkdowns instead of heaving risky Farve-like gunslings. That said, if BB breaks loose downfield, Rex has the arm to get the ball to him. In the end, the Bears score 21-28 points.

This game might very well come down to Devin Hester--does he fumble the ball away, or does he break another long one? Do the Saints try a risky long-range field goal, knowing the Bears have returned TWO missed field goals for touchdowns in recent history? Or maybe Robbie Gould is the hero again. Personally, my gut is telling me that Gould won't be rock-solid this weekend, because kicking is a streaky thing, and it just might be time for Gould to go through a mini-slump.

That said, I see Hester breaking a long 4th-quarter punt return and getting tripped up before the goal line. Benson up the middle 3x in a row... and if he breaks through, end score Bears: 27, Saints 24. If he doesn't, the Bears settle for a FG and end up losing 23-24... or just maybe, the Bears then onside kick and recover, throw Hester in on offense for a play and he runs a reverse to score the game-winning TD, in which case Bears 30, Saints 24.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

well lets whatifsports debate this:

http://whatifsports.com/nfl/boxscore...D=2442767&ad=1

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok SDP, I love you as a poster, but come on now....

Our ST's are the best in the league, period. We have 3 PRO BOWLERS on our ST's in Gould, Hester, and Ayenbadejo; I don't think any other NFL team can say that.

We have one of the best special teams players in the league in Ayenbadejo. We have the most accurate field goal kicker this year in the league in Gould. And we have the most electrifying and the best returner in Hester this season. Our ST's are better than yours on paper, and I don't even think it's debatable. Maybe you have us in Kickoff and Punt coverage but come on now SDP.

Coaching? Payton has had one good year. Lovie has improved every season he's been a coach and has brought a 5-11 team 2 years ago to first round byes in the playoffs two straight years. And even though I don't like Ron Turner at times, the combo of Rivera and Turner makes for one of the better duos in the NFC. I'm not saying Payton won't be a better coach in the future, but he's not right now.

And intangibles? I have to agree with HD here and I'll just cosign him on that.

Just my thoughts.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout

using history to back you up is pretty low.....just saying.

and wow the saints have lost already?? no way...
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34

Our ST's are the best in the league, period. We have 3 PRO BOWLERS on our ST's in Gould, Hester, and Ayenbadejo; I don't think any other NFL team can say that.
Quote:
We have one of the best special teams players in the league in Ayenbadejo. We have the most accurate field goal kicker this year in the league in Gould. And we have the most electrifying and the best returner in Hester this season. Our ST's are better than yours on paper, and I don't even think it's debatable. Maybe you have us in Kickoff and Punt coverage but come on now SDP.
I think the only reason that you like me as a poster is because of my avatar. Be honest. :razz:

I'll admit that you do have three Pro Bowl players but I'm not so sure that Robbie Gould is the best field goal kicker in the league. Like I said, if the Saints can kick around Hester, it takes away your special team advantage.

Quote:
Coaching? Payton has had one good year. Lovie has improved every season he's been a coach and has brought a 5-11 team 2 years ago to first round byes in the playoffs two straight years. And even though I don't like Ron Turner at times, the combo of Rivera and Turner makes for one of the better duos in the NFC. I'm not saying Payton won't be a better coach in the future, but he's not right now.
As you said, Sean Payton has only had one good year. That's because he's only had one year to coach. And it that one year, he's turned around a 3-13 team to a team that's one win away from the Super Bowl. And if you're going to throw in assistant coaches, I do agree that Ron Rivera is a great assistant, but I still stand by my opinion. You've got yours, and I've got mine.

Quote:
And c'mon, even with home-field advantage, the Saints have got the edge with all the hurricane/Cinderella story going for them. The Saints have most of the rest of the country cheering for them. I know you didn't want to hear it, but it's the truth.

Quote:
Just my thoughts.
And I appreciate that we can disagree in a civil manner. Unlike some of the other fans on this forum, we can be adults about this.

I think you'll agree, whatever happens on Sunday, it will be a very close game.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that the country is cheering for the Saints means nothing. There will be 60 some thousand fans in the stadium and almost all of them will be Bears fans. That's the only noise that is going to count.

And I don't think the "Cinderella" story means a whole lot. The Saints have been winning because they are a good team. Intangibles have to do with things that are actually game related, and that's not.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
And c'mon, even with home-field advantage, the Saints have got the edge with all the hurricane/Cinderella story going for them. The Saints have most of the rest of the country cheering for them. I know you didn't want to hear it, but it's the truth.
Shenanigans once again. Opening kickoff Sunday and that won't matter one bit. Their will be 60,000+ people in that stadium on Sunday, and "the rest of the country" won't be in Solider Field to cheer them on. The hurricane was a year and a half ago, and the Saints wanted to get the hell out there after it happened. They wanted to stay in San Antonio, or move to LA. This 10-6 team isn't the same team that went 3-13, you've got Drew Brees, Reggie Bush, a healthy Duece McCallister, along with a few new defensive players. Lovie's rise from 5-11 to 11-5 is just as impressive as Sean Payton's, although Lovie's core group of players didn't change as much the Saints did. Lovie's got 2 years more experience, and it's on his turf, not Payton's. In Chicago's weather not the climate-controlled dome of New Orleans. In front of 60,000 Bears fans. Add all of those things together, and who the country is rooting for doesn't make a difference. This isn't an election it's a football game, and the Saints aren't America's team, their New Orleans' team.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 01-19-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I think the only reason that you like me as a poster is because of my avatar. Be honest. :razz:

I'll admit that you do have three Pro Bowl players but I'm not so sure that Robbie Gould is the best field goal kicker in the league. Like I said, if the Saints can kick around Hester, it takes away your special team advantage.

Quote:
As you said, Sean Payton has only had one good year. That's because he's only had one year to coach. And it that one year, he's turned around a 3-13 team to a team that's one win away from the Super Bowl. And if you're going to throw in assistant coaches, I do agree that Ron Rivera is a great assistant, but I still stand by my opinion. You've got yours, and I've got mine.

Quote:

Quote:
Just my thoughts.
And I appreciate that we can disagree in a civil manner. Unlike some of the other fans on this forum, we can be adults about this.

I think you'll agree, whatever happens on Sunday, it will be a very close game.
I believe Jim Mora Jr. led the Falcons to the NFC Championship in his first season, could be mistaken, but he was crowned as one of the best young coaches in the league. Flash forward 3 years and he's out of a job.

Let's wait until Payton proves himself as a coach for 2-3 years before you say he's better than a guy who has also led a losing franchise during the 1990's and 2000's (minus a couple years) to the playoffs two straight seasons, both being first round byes. Our OC's and HC have been seasoned in the NFL for 2-3 years, which is why I am saying that they are the better coaching staff.

And please stop with the Hurricane Katrina stuff, I realize that the city of New Orleans went through hell during that period of time, but that was about a year and a half ago, and HD has already said the things I was going to say about the situation anyway. Seriously though, not trying to be an ass here, but enough is enough about it. That's all I've heard ESPN talk about this week, Katrina this and Katrina that, America's team this America's team that, team of destiny and emotions this and team of destiny and emotions that; everyone's pulling for the Saints to win. We've taken a back seat in the coverage of this game and it's very frustrating to see. It's almost like we don't even matter in this game, which is sad to see because we have been the most consistent team in the NFC all eyar long.

And also realize that you aren't the only team playing on high emotions this Sunday. The Saints may be playing for their city, but the Bears are also playing for a city that hasn't seen this game for about 20 years. And they'll also be playing for a fired up home crowd.

And about Special Teams; we're talking on paper correct? If so, Gould is a better kicker than Carney, who did kick indoors for about 10 games this season mind you, and yet Gould who played in one of the windiest cities in the United States had the highest field goal accuracy percentage of any other kicker in the NFL. Hester ON PAPER is the best return man in the league, no debate about it. Our ST tackling wasn't too good last week but all season that's an area where we excelled. Punting; Maynard is one of the most underrated punters in the league. Not knocking Weatherford here but Brad is usually very consistent each week in tagging great punts and helping us win the field position battle. And add one of the best ST players in Ayenbadejo into the mix and I have to say we have the edge in this area, not a knock on the Saints' ST's, but just saying how good our ST's are when they show up.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Titansfan #53
Rookie

Titansfan #53 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Saints win! period
Titansfan #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansfan #53
Saints win! period
Lots of insight and reasoning right there. Surprised I hadn't thought of it like that before. One of the few American geniuses of our time.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 01-19-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

Well, looks like this board isn't the only lopsided prediction.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

It'd be asinine to think things like this won't go unnoticed inside the Bears locker-room. The Bears play best when they have something to prove, and this manlove for the Saints everywhere is ridicolous, add fuel to the fire. The Bears need to come out and make a statement on Sunday. The George Halas trophy comes home on Sunday, and it stays there.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 01-19-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
It'd be asinine to think things like this won't go unnoticed inside the Bears locker-room. The Bears play best when they have something to prove, and this manlove for the Saints everywhere is ridicolous, add fuel to the fire. The Bears need to come out and make a statement on Sunday. The George Halas trophy comes home on Sunday, and it stays there.
Oh I agree. Here's your shot to win the George Halas trophy IN SOLDIER FIELD, now go out and just lay the wood for 60 minutes. Just battle and battle and battle, and don't let up. Let them know that this is our house, and the SB comes through Chicago.

Hell, if they took a poll across the US, I can guarantee the Saints would get about 65-70% of the vote. Which is fine, I could really care less right now but it is pretty shocking to see.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2007, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Oh I agree. Here's your shot to win the George Halas trophy IN SOLDIER FIELD, now go out and just lay the wood for 60 minutes. Just battle and battle and battle, and don't let up. Let them know that this is our house, and the SB comes through Chicago.

Hell, if they took a poll across the US, I can guarantee the Saints would get about 65-70% of the vote. Which is fine, I could really care less right now but it is pretty shocking to see.
Funny, I heard that the George Stanley Halas trophy is going to visit New Orleans... at least, that's what I heard. :razz: :D

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That'd be quite difficult considering he's been dead for 24 years.

Funny, I heard that the George Stanley Halas trophy is going to visit New Orleans... at least, that's what I heard. :razz: :D

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 01-20-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink

Even though I am a huge Gator fan I say Grossman will be horrible and the Saints will pull it out.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No indoor team has ever won an outdoor Championship Game. With 2 inches of snow, in the twenties, I am going with the Bears.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
slaym

Quote:

There is always a first time for everything.

Saints 38
Bears 24
Old 01-20-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Weather forecast is calling for 1-2 inches of snow before the game, flurries during it, and a wind chill of 8-10 degrees.
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Weather forecast is calling for 1-2 inches of snow before the game, flurries during it, and a wind chill of 8-10 degrees.
Eh, the team who executes and comes to play will win this game.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaym
Quote:

There is always a first time for everything.

Saints 38
Bears 24
The Saints offense is really good..but 38 points is a hell of a lot of points.

Old 01-21-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
No indoor team has ever won an outdoor Championship Game. With 2 inches of snow, in the twenties, I am going with the Bears.
hmmm..

the top O vs top D in the champ game is 7-3...favoring the O.
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote