Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-03-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Texas vs TCU

many people think TCU is this year's Bosie St. they play Texas @ Texas next weekend which could ruin their chance at a BCS bid. how do you think the Horned Frogs will fair in Austin?

I personally think Texas will win. Too many weapons on offense...Jaamal Charles, Limas Sweed and McCoy. Plus I think TCU's new QB will get rattled and wont be able to move the ball down field as well as the Longhorns. I am taking Texas by 10-14 pts.
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
many people think TCU is this year's Bosie St. they play Texas @ Texas next weekend which could ruin their chance at a BCS bid. how do you think the Horned Frogs will fair in Austin?

I personally think Texas will win. Too many weapons on offense...Jaamal Charles, Limas Sweed and McCoy. Plus I think TCU's new QB will get rattled and wont be able to move the ball down field as well as the Longhorns. I am taking Texas by 10-14 pts.
Texas is a 10 point favorite

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

sweet. i am pretty close with my prediction then
Old 09-03-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
sweet. i am pretty close with my prediction then
We will see what happens on Saturday

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-03-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas didn't look too good last week. However, I still think they win.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take TCU +10. Not too confident about their chances of winning, though. They will need career games from both DEs.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I'd take TCU +10. Not too confident about their chances of winning, though. They will need career games from both DEs.
yeah, that and an offense that will put up points. no matter how many stops TCU's defense can make they will still need to have a decent offense if they are going to beat texas
Old 09-04-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's gonna be a great game and we are gonna see one of the matchups of the year which could define 2 prospects-Tony Hills Jr. vs. Tommy Blake.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
V. Young
Rookie

V. Young hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I take tcu. Texas looked terrible. TCU looked good.
V. Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

yeah but it was opening weekend too for college football. i'd say at least half the top teams did not look too impressive in their debuts. but if you think tcu will win fair enough...
Old 09-04-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atleast Texas gets Billy Pittman back for this game
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we didnt look very good in our opener, and it scares me because Colt is seasoned now, but at the same time it doesnt worry me...if anything id prefer a close game to keep us on our guard...

But I really like TCU, they have had a solid program for some years now, and this yr is no different, their defense is really strong and should keep the game relatively low scoring...I think we score low 30's, and that it should be close until the 2nd half then we pull away, but I really would not be surprised to see them squeak out an upset to be perfectly honest, we always play bad at least once a yr vs a team outside the normal tough matchups, but TCU is expected to give us a fight which makes me think mack brown will have the boys ready 2 play...

31-20 Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Unfortunately for teams like TCU, in order to get Texas on their schedule, they have to play the game at Texas. That's a huge advantage for Texas and will prove to be way too much for TCU. Texas had better win by more than 10 points at home if they want to stay in the BCS NC race.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

People can say what they want about TCU being this years Boise State. But TCU plays a way harder schedule then Boise ever does, and this years TCU team would beat last years Boise team.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-04-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

TCU is good enough to win, especially if Texas plays like they did against ASU.

Texas will probably win but it'll be really close.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
TCU is good enough to win, especially if Texas plays like they did against ASU.

Texas will probably win but it'll be really close.
It wouldnt shock me one bit if TCU pulls the upset.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-04-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
It wouldnt shock me one bit if TCU pulls the upset.
hell me either, id love to see TCU make the jump to the big 12 south instead of conference usa...they would be an improvement over baylor and could compete with the likes of k state and ok state...

i dont think it will be as close as i originally thought, seeing how close we won the week before, but i wouldnt be surprised none the less...i really just want to win the big 12 this yr, if colt improves like he should have and he shows me that ill have high hopes for a NC run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Atleast Texas gets Billy Pittman back for this game
Unfortunately this isn't true, Pittman was suspended for 3 games for borrowing a car from a friend over the summer. There was also no guarantee he would have played anyways.

If Texas plays anywhere near the way they did last week, we'll be in trouble. But I expect our guys to come out with more focus and execute better.
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People can say what they want about TCU being this years Boise State. But TCU plays a way harder schedule then Boise ever does, and this years TCU team would beat last years Boise team.
This Texas game is the only big time opponent TCU has had over the past 3 years. Other than this, they've only played cup cake teams, so don't over exaggerate like you usually do.

People knock the WAC like no other. It's a stereotype of many football fans. Yet when teams like Hawaii try to schedule better teams, most cop out. Michigan State pulled out of their game against us this year because they were afraid to lose. Michigan's AD had accepted Hawaii's offer to play them in their home opener, but Lloyd Carr rejected it wanting to play App St. USC, Texas, Louisville, Texas A&M all turned down Hawaii's offer to play them.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Michigan's AD had accepted Hawaii's offer to play them in their home opener, but Lloyd Carr rejected it wanting to play App St.
That isn't entirely true. Michigan was scheduled to open with Eastern Michigan. However, Bill Martin was able to move the game back a few weeks. Martin then was the one the scheduled Appalachian State, and Lloyd Carr actually didn't want any part of Appalachian State. Sources told the Detroit Free Press that Lloyd Carr was worried about the Appalachian State game well before the season started. Martin contacted Appalachian State first but then agreed to play Hawaii before they had responded. When ASU agreed to come to the Big House, it was Martin who went with them instead of Hawaii.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
That isn't entirely true. Michigan was scheduled to open with Eastern Michigan. However, Bill Martin was able to move the game back a few weeks. Martin then was the one the scheduled Appalachian State, and Lloyd Carr actually didn't want any part of Appalachian State. Sources told the Detroit Free Press that Lloyd Carr was worried about the Appalachian State game well before the season started. Martin contacted Appalachian State first but then agreed to play Hawaii before they had responded. When ASU agreed to come to the Big House, it was Martin who went with them instead of Hawaii.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Just goes to show how hard it is for a team in the Pacific to schedule a good school. They don't want to play, because there isn't enough to gain by beating them, yet the odds of losing are increased.

At least Michigan would've lost to a ranked opponent. ;)
Old 09-04-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
This Texas game is the only big time opponent TCU has had over the past 3 years. Other than this, they've only played cup cake teams, so don't over exaggerate like you usually do.

People knock the WAC like no other. It's a stereotype of many football fans. Yet when teams like Hawaii try to schedule better teams, most cop out. Michigan State pulled out of their game against us this year because they were afraid to lose. Michigan's AD had accepted Hawaii's offer to play them in their home opener, but Lloyd Carr rejected it wanting to play App St. USC, Texas, Louisville, Texas A&M all turned down Hawaii's offer to play them.
If I recall in 2005 TCU opened up at Oklahoma and beat them. They went 11-1 that year with wins also over BYU,Utah, and Iowa State in their bowl game. I wouldnt call Oklahoma a cupcake team. Last year they held Texas Tech to 3 points, and I also wouldnt call Texas Tech a cupcake team. If your trying to make the arguement that Boise State plays a harder schedule your crazy. The Mountain West has way more talent then the WAC.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-04-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a slightly off topic but LonghornsLegend, I just noticed you sig says Texas University...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If I recall in 2005 TCU opened up at Oklahoma and beat them. They went 11-1 that year with wins also over BYU,Utah, and Iowa State in their bowl game. I wouldnt call Oklahoma a cupcake team. Last year they held Texas Tech to 3 points, and I also wouldnt call Texas Tech a cupcake team. If your trying to make the arguement that Boise State plays a harder schedule your crazy. The Mountain West has way more talent then the WAC.
No argument, I'm just clarifying the truth. Didn't Boise St. beat OU last year as well? You mention BYU, Utah, Iowa St., Texas Tech...

Well, I'm not all up and up on Boise's schedule the last few years, but Hawaii is in the WAC and I have followed them. Michigan St., Purdue, Northwestern, Alabama, Arizona St.... all teams Hawaii beat in very recent years. While their schedule is weak this year, it is a byproduct of us beating these teams and scaring opponents away. Nobody wanted to face Colt Brennan in his senior year and that is a fact.

The WAC is on the rise and I can't really say that about the Mountain West. Boise St, Fresno St, Hawaii are the big 3 with New Mexico State, San Jose State, Nevada and UNLV close behind.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 seems like a huge spread for this game I'd take TCU in a heartbeat
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote