Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-05-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love all Palahniuk books, and if you like those you will probabally like Hubert Selby Jr. He wrote Requiem for a Dream. The last two books i read where The Wu Manual written by the RZA, very interesting probabally not what people expect, and Cane Mutiny by ESPN columnist Bruce Feldman, very entertaining read about the history of UMiami football. He also has book coming out soon about recruiting in college football should be good.

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:01 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Read the Bourne Identity if you haven't. And if you love it, read the Bourne Supremacy, the Bourne Ultimatum and The Bourne Legacy.
I'd steer clear of the Legacy if you ask me, it's not as good as the main 3 IMO. They are all great though.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I highly recommend The Motel Life by Willy Vlautin (Yeah, the guy from Richmond Fontaine)

But this past summer, I read a new favorite in I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell by Tucker Max. It was hysterical, piss your pants type of humor. I was so infatuated by it I've made it my amateur book-to-movie project

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its about time for me to read The Foundation series again, best sci-fi series ever written IMO.

If anyone else knows of a similar series, please do tell
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
I'd steer clear of the Legacy if you ask me, it's not as good as the main 3 IMO. They are all great though.
It's worth reading it just for what happens in the beginning though.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
what are your choices??
Secret life of Bees by Monk Kidd
My sisters keeper by Jodi Piccoult
1776 by David Mcullough
Decpetion Point by Dan Brown
Whale Talk by Chris Cutcher

Anyone read any of these? Which one is the best?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1776 is good if you like history. can get kind of boring but im a history major and i enjoyed it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would do My Sisters Keeper or Deception Point. Although I have a roomate that says Secret Life of Bees is good. haha sorry, that wasn't much help. Just read the shortest one since you have to do it by tomorrow morning.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
Secret life of Bees by Monk Kidd
My sisters keeper by Jodi Piccoult
1776 by David Mcullough
Decpetion Point by Dan Brown
Whale Talk by Chris Cutcher

Anyone read any of these? Which one is the best?
Deception Point is pretty good, although not up to par with Brown's other books. I've read a book by Chris Crutcher that was pretty good too, but not Whale Talk. I think it's short though.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
i would do My Sisters Keeper or Deception Point. Although I have a roomate that says Secret Life of Bees is good. haha sorry, that wasn't much help. Just read the shortest one since you have to do it by tomorrow morning.
lol yeah, teach gave us a couple more weeks since noone did it. Shes hot as balls too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
I've read a book by Chris Crutcher that was pretty good too, but not Whale Talk. I think it's short though.
Yeah thats what everyones reading, becuase its short.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
1776 is good if you like history. can get kind of boring but im a history major and i enjoyed it.
isnt 1776 also ridiculously long?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do graphic novels count? Because I'm reading Alan Moore's "From Hell."

And seeing as how a lot of us were 11-12 when this book came out, "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay" is really really good.

And this guy named Vonnegut, he wrote some books. You should check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
Do graphic novels count? Because I'm reading Alan Moore's "From Hell."

And seeing as how a lot of us were 11-12 when this book came out, "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay" is really really good.

And this guy named Vonnegut, he wrote some books. You should check them out.
I own Cats Cradle.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I own Cats Cradle.
Cool. That's my favorite one, and I believe the one Vonnegut thought was his best. I own like 10-11 of his books, they're all great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm all about bukowski this month.
that and devouring only revolutions by danielwikisi for the second time.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
i'm all about bukowski this month.
that and devouring only revolutions by danielwikisi for the second time.
For a second I thought you said you were all about bukkake this month. i was going to offer to bring a tarp
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
For a second I thought you said you were all about bukkake this month. i was going to offer to bring a tarp
bring on the buckets!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:16 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did someone say Bukakke?!?!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:18 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Godfather is a great book and it is better if you watch the movie right afterwards.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of my favs
The Outsiders(S.E Hinton)
The Giver(Lois Lowry sp?)
Bleachers(John Gisham)
All Christopher Moore books

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami

finished reading it on the train today.
it was pretty darn good.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone ever read, To Kill a Mockingbird ? I have to read it for school this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Last edited by Bills2083 : 09-07-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Has anyone ever read, How to Kill a Mockingbird ? I have to read it for school this year.
Yes, fantastic book. Definition of a classic.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
I recently took a job where I am asked to watch over a computer lab, I spend most of my day reading, so I ask you NFLDC, read any good books lately? Give me some recommendations. I am a fan of authors such as Hunter S. Thompson, Bret Easton Ellis, Mark Danielewski, and Chuck Palahniuk.

Currently I am reading:

You would like Tom Wolfe CCB, go get yourself some Tom Wolfe books.

Also, if you havent read this one by Hunter I would suggest picking it up. Books, like music, turn out better when the composers are on drugs

Oh and 'To Kill a Mockingbird' is my favorite book, ever.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, fantastic book. Definition of a classic.
Damn straight, Atticus Finch is a bonafide gangsta.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote