Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-20-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, here's my list of books I'l be reading soon (some are re-reads) :

In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
All the Kings Men by Robert Penn Warren
Go Tell It on the Mountain by James Baldwin
Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
Gravity’s Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon
The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggars
Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kessey
The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene
The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer
A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
The World According to Garp by John Irving
The Stranger by Albert Camus
Moby Dick by Herman Melville
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
The Idiot by Fyoder Dostoevsky
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

BoneKrusher

Last edited by Staubach12 : 01-20-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Life of Pi is a good one, as are most on that list. I'm currently reading Plato's Republic for a class.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to read a Twilight book for my Adolescent Literature class. I will never let anyone in public see me read that book. =(

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
BrentN, how was I am America (and so can you)?
Is it worth buying?
It's worth buying.

Finished this recently:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:35 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I have to read a Twilight book for my Adolescent Literature class. I will never let anyone in public see me read that book. =(
That blows. One of my "roommates" willingly put up a twilight poster in his room. I don't have the heart to tell him how *** that really is.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
It's worth buying.

Finished this recently:
Great book, but gets very repetitive.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-21-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
That blows. One of my "roommates" willingly put up a twilight poster in his room. I don't have the heart to tell him how *** that really is.
They ****ing sparkle when the sun hits them. When I heard about that, I couldn't stop laughing for a week. Teenage girls killed the idea of vampires forever. =(

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-21-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Teenage girls killed the idea of vampires forever. =(
Luckily we still have a show like True Blood to give vampire fiction hope.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really wish I had HBO.... :(
Old 01-21-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
God damn rich Texan. =P

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-21-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I dont have HBO and I am not a native Texan. INTERWEBZ FTW!

Old 01-21-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
I dont have HBO and I am not a native Texan. INTERWEBZ FTW!
Well then, I just got owned. God damn internet!!!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-21-2009, 03:19 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im almost finished with meat market, must say i really like it

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

first of the jack reacher series and i must say jack reacher is a beast. already bought the next two books in the series.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna read Thomas Paine's The Age of Reason and The Rights of Man very soon for class. Really excited about it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year in English IV we were assigned The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls, a memoir of her life. I didn't expect it to be good but it was actually a pretty good read.

I'm into running books such as "Alan Webb and the Quest for the Fastest Mile Ever" and "Pre" which is about the legendary Steve Prefontaine. I'd recommend both for a sports fan that casually watches track.

Bill Bryson is my favorite author. Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid, may have been my favorite book ever. It's about him growing up in Iowa in the 1950s with his Dad a very popular sportswriter for the Des Moines paper (name skips my head). He talks about typical 9 and 10 year old crushes, and a favorite passage of mine was when he was talking about this cute girl he liked. Them and his friends had this treehouse where they would get girls to go up and attempt to get them naked (or get some grab-fest action) around the time they were 12. There was this one girl, Mary, that everyone loved and thought the world of. She would tell them off for suggesting her to take off her clothes and Bill would comfort her. However, one day he didn't go, and Mary took off her clothes (on the day she was MOVING!) as her last thing. Bill wasn't there and Mary only did it because she was afraid Bill would be appalled. Ouch?

He's got other good books like A Walk In The Woods and Life in a Land Down Under but man his memoir was great. It's funny and a good read.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm interested in reading The Prince.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Havent finished it yet. Opened my eyes to a lot of things.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Prince was a really good read. But if your not in the mood to read, it becomes impossible. A few times I was restless and I just couldn't read it. Other times my interest was locked on. I don't have ADD, but I just found parts dry at times
Old 01-23-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Machiavelli is pretty much universally dry. Interesting spots, but mostly boring.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now I'm reading...

It's pretty good so far.
Has anyone else read it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'm interested in reading The Prince.

After reading The Prince, read The 48 laws of Power and The 33 Strategies of War, both by Robert Green.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MEGA BUMP.

I'm going to chapters and looking for book recommendations.

Last books I read were Clockwork Orange, American Psycho and The Blindside. Loved all of them. Some other books I liked are Catch-22, 1984, Slaughterhouse-five, the Hannibal series and some of the Palahniuk books. My favorite is probably Clockwork Orange.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
MEGA BUMP.

I'm going to chapters and looking for book recommendations.

Last books I read were Clockwork Orange, American Psycho and The Blindside. Loved all of them. Some other books I liked are Catch-22, 1984, Slaughterhouse-five, the Hannibal series and some of the Palahniuk books. My favorite is probably Clockwork Orange.
If you like Palahniuk pick up Rant or his new one Pygmy. I really don't read as much as I used to so I don't have as many awesome books to recommend as I would like.