Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-05-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
2stepsahead

Default Appalachian State or Boise Stae...which would make a better movie

I think both could be cool "underdog" Rudy-type football movies...which one would you rather see and who should play who?

Boise State Blues
Rated R

Plot

Watch as a team loved by their town, but unknown throughout the rest of the town, overcome all adversaries, and take their place as the darling team of college football.

It would start around pre-season of the 2006 season, and the two main characters could be Ian Johnsona and Zabranski. It would focus on the teams practice/ect but also their personal life of Johnson and his relationship with the snowbunny (the prejaducies they face...ect). Then the climax of the movie would be the game against Oklahoma, with the end being Johnson proposing to white white chick

Cuba Gooding Jr could play Ian Johnson lmao

who would play Zabransky? Ashton Kutcher?

OR?????

would you rather see

Appalachian Dreams

Rated PG-13

Plot
Follow the dreams of a tiny school, town, and program, as they go up against Goliath...and win

The beginning would be they winning their D2 National Championship and someone narroating it...saying how happy they were when they won it, ect...then the entire movie takes place as the school schedules a game with Michigan, then the off-season...the movie would go into the main characters personal lifes and yaddy yadda yadda they somehow brand together as a team after some antagnoizations and conflict...the climax/end would be the Michigan game, and somehow the director ties in "dreams" and beating Michigan in the Big house (and how only 29 players played in the game...both way athletes while Michigan had over 70 highly recruited and NFL players who suited up)...u know how those sappy, underdog movies end with the sad but happy music and slow motion celebrations...then it ends with the narriation of a real quote

"That may be one of the great victories in college football - maybe the greatest," said Moore. "This victory today - you've got to remember these kids have won two national championships - and this is not bigger than those because the championships are in our league, our division. We were the best that year. But they will never ever forget today's experience as long as they live

the WR Dexter Jackson could be played by Omar Epps
the Soph QB could be played by a random dude with dreads

anyway, which movie whould you rather see, and who would you cast?

come on all you photoshop/sig genuisis, make a film poster for one of the movies
Old 09-05-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why is boise st's movie rated R? and ian johnsons fiancee is hot, he gets props for that, and the way he asked her to marry him was playa, u can pretty much ask any1 to marry in that sort of fashion and they will say yes...

but neither would be that interesting of a movie, needs something else interesting aside from being a decent team winning games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
2stepsahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
why is boise st's movie rated R? and ian johnsons fiancee is hot, he gets props for that, and the way he asked her to marry him was playa, u can pretty much ask any1 to marry in that sort of fashion and they will say yes...

but neither would be that interesting of a movie, needs something else interesting aside from being a decent team winning games
oh both could/would be about more than winning a game. Rudy isnt all that interesting if its just about some small walk on scrub making a tackle in a game...the directors could def dig inside the personal lives of the dudes on the team and create storylines/plots.....especially in Ian Johnson's case, the love angle is allready there (he has received hundreds of threats cuz of his relationship...)

u think every "based on a true story" move has 100% truth in it? They could easily fabricate/exagerate a few things, find out some basic truths with things the team went through, and make a movie out of it.....I think either would be pretty interesting based on just the circumstances alone

dont agree bout the "Ian's gf is hot" comment....not my taste **shurgs**
Old 09-05-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Boise was the underdog in a BCS game. I think it would be the better movie based off that alone.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
2stepsahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPLUFF View Post
Boise was the underdog in a BCS game. I think it would be the better movie based off that alone.
*looks at location**

LMAO........i think your a bit bias
Old 09-05-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

The Fiesta Bowl was like a movie in itself, I was in disbelief during the whole thing. Not sure I'll ever see a football game as good as that again.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think App State has less substance. PLUS ITS D-IAA not D-II. Sorry that bugs me.
Definitely Boise State has more behind it. But both are not as good because you need to see struggle, and being undefeated is not struggle and either is a being a champion and winning a game.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Boise State... I mean the Ian Johnson relationship thing. Zabransky's goal in proving himself for the draft. Going undefeated. Plus the Fiesta Bowl....
Old 09-05-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stepsahead View Post
*looks at location**

LMAO........i think your a bit bias
Yeah...I suppose you're right.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the boise state one would be great. man that game was amazing, all the trickery, great coaching, etc!
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both would suck as movies.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

neither because I hate sappy happy ending underdog sports movies
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the Boise State game definately...like cards said...I was in disbelief the whole friggin time...they could make it kinda like a Remember the Titans type movie, or drama like Friday Night lights

but I can see why the Boise one was rated R, especially if it involves the proposal :p

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
the Boise State game definately...like cards said...I was in disbelief the whole friggin time...they could make it kinda like a Remember the Titans type movie, or drama like Friday Night lights

but I can see why the Boise one was rated R, especially if it involves the proposal :p
Because right after she says yes he goes down on her right in the middle of the crowd
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
2stepsahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Because right after she says yes he goes down on her right in the middle of the crowd
among other reasons why it would be Rated R