Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 09-06-2007, 03:22 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ah. Week 1.

any thoughts on how it'll go?

because, i'm thinking it'll be loads of fun any way we look at it.
i was talking with my brother and how this will probably be one of the best matchups of the season period. and it happens week one. what a way to start it off.

this is what i think the gamebreakers will be.

chargers offense vs bears defense

rivers/gates vs the deep three (urlacher, AA and brown).

if gates find holes in the zone. he will have receptions, receptions, and even more receptions. especially with a greater focus on containing LT. rivers and gates will have their hands full though. It's probable (if not likely) that there will be a few tipped passes and a pick or two when rivers looks to gates.

olivia and mcneil vs anderson and wale

here's probably the key to the bears holding victory. if anderson and wale ca push the pocket inside on run-d (and by anderson i also mean alex brown) causing LT with his infinite vision to want to go inside consistantly will force him to run into the DT's and quick LB's in the middle of the field. to keep him from running off tackle is key. watching him on screens is also clutch. i don't see anderson and wale having that great of sucess on that though.

chargers defense vs bears offense.

florence and jammer vs moose, berrian and bradley.

the chargers biggest weakness is their secondary. they get bailed out all the time by the ferocious pass rush. florence has to focus on berrian and berrian only. he's shown a tendency to get distracted by slot guys running right at him while he's in man coverage and will let one right by him, saw it twice in the pre-season. look for classic play action, second play, grossman to berrian to burn for a TD. jammer isn't the best tackler and will probably see bradley in his radar often with his elusiveness. the bears will exploit the corners with or without greg olsen.

cooper and wilhem vs benson

are not godfrey and edwards, but. will be able to contain benson to some extent (assuming olshanky, williams and castillo bunch up). i don't believe the chicago running game will really be anything more than an attempt to establish the run (which is the bears focus, duh). BUT. if benson gets out of the backfield in PA plays, cooper and wilhem aren't very good in coverage, unlike edwards, who was the primary cover LB out of the four last year, he's now back in KC. verdict? benson will have maybe 80 yds on ~20 carries. expect 10 looks too (split between him and peterson...)

thoughts? other matchups. i'm bored. it's late.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grossman is dogshit under pressure (and sometimes not under pressure). The Chargers are the best blitzing team in the NFL. Unless Berrian can burn them deep multiple times and Benson can make them pay, I really don't like our chances at all.

On the bright side it's week 1, and after that the schedule picks up rather nicely.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

will the line be able to contain merriman and olshankey?

Old 09-06-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

simple asnwer no. But then again if our game plan is designed for seven step drops, then Ron Turner needs to be run out of town. It should be alot of 3 step drops ball goes. And alot of draws and running..alot of running.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
simple asnwer no. But then again if our game plan is designed for seven step drops, then Ron Turner needs to be run out of town. It should be alot of 3 step drops ball goes. And alot of draws and running..alot of running.
agreed.
a lot of running.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, luckily for me I have to be at school tomorrow at 5:00 for football (lifting, running, and watching film). So basically I will be gone from 4:30 to 8:00. I'll be able to watch the first quarter and then have to tivo the rest... hopefully some D-Bag doesn't blurt out the score while I'm there.

I officially hate high school football.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

I'll sky write it tomorrow for you.

look up. you'll see victory. but by a small margin.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

U guyz need a Professional QB.

D looks great.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 09-09-2007 at 04:56 PM.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
U guyz need a Professional QB.

D looks great.
Rex wasn't the problem this game.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Rex wasn't the problem this game.
Benson isnt looking like the answer. His play up to this point has me worried..a lot. I think that if he continues like this, we look at RB in the upcoming draft or 2.

Defense was great today, but by the end, due to turnovers they looked tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

It's one ******* game. Seriously.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game had some freaky **** go down. No doubt. Peterson and Benson need to hold on to the rock, and Rex needs to step up. On the bright side, KC got rocked by Houston, and they come to Solider next week. On the even shittier side, the rest of the division won.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's one ******* game. Seriously.
I know not to judge after 1 game, and I know that preseason doesnt mean a thing, but Benson has looked like crap. Besides his 11 yard run, and the pass where he ran past Merriman, he didnt do much. I am Pro-Benson, and I know that SDs defense is good, but I expected more out of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rex looked fine. Not good, not bad, just fine. Benson needs to step up or step down. Im giving him 2 more games. He doesnt show management any better and Ill expect another back either picked up or drafted.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 09-09-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Rex looked fine. Not good, not bad, just fine. Benson needs to step up or step down. Im giving him 2 more games. He doesnt show management any better and Ill expect another back either picked up or drafted.
Who are we going to pick up in week 3? That makes absolutely no sense. At best they could give Peterson more carries, but Benson is the best back we have for this season.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears Sucks! Lions Rule!

Well, sort of . . .
Old 09-09-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Bears Sucks! Lions Rule!

Well, sort of . . .
It's so true.....so true...

Old 09-09-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

See, I think everyone neglects to realize is that SD is one of the top run stuffing teams in the league.

Sure, Benson's not proven as much as LT, but hell, Benson had more yards than LT (ish). Why isn't everyone calling for LT to be benched for Turner? Rubbish.

Berrian didn't play the that INT in the red zone at all. He didn't do anyone any favors. I mean, we will RUN OVER the chiefs next week. We proved we can hold a big RB down, and KC's defense is weak. So. Chalk up next week today kids.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears are in last place, god they're terrible.

Don't worry, the rest of the division will get their asses handed to them when they play the Chargers.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Who are we going to pick up in week 3? That makes absolutely no sense. At best they could give Peterson more carries, but Benson is the best back we have for this season.
i meant in the offseason. Id expect Angelo to tell Benson that if he isnt playing better by week three, hed better expect to be second fiddle again next year.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 09-09-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
i meant in the offseason. Id expect Angelo to tell Benson that if he isnt playing better by week three, hed better expect to be second fiddle again next year.
Yeah that makes sense. Our GM should tear down our starting runningback's confidence with 13 games left in the schedule and nobody else to turn to. They should give you a job tomorrow.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wolfe is our only running back who knows how to carry the football, Peterson and Benson need to keep it closer to their bodies.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it was a bad game but the bears orginazation sticks with players, i.e. grossman. there not gonna bench benson, i still believe he will be better than Jones. The Chargers also aren't a bad team. He didnt have a lot of running lanes and when he did he did alright. It's only week 1. I'm just as pissed as anyone cause we out played them for 3 quarters or so but whatcha gonna do. I wanna a super bowl not a week 1 win. Its a long season.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Brown was crying in his press conference so I think he knows hes done. And I mean done, done. Dvoracek also got hurt, don't know how severe. I don't think we can expect the kind of defensive performance we had in the first half for the rest of year without these two players.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

As harsh as it is, I'd rather Brown get hurt now than week 8 or 9. He just can't be relied on for anything anymore. If we can't rebound without him so be it, but with Arch I think our run defense will be fine, and Manning is just as good in pass coverage.