Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 09-24-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
The Packers are the vogue pick. I would agree, had they actually done anything at this point with the bevy of free cap space they had. People are acting as if Favre will carry the team on his back, in his final season. My question, where have these people been for the past couple of years. This isn't the M.V.P, superstar, one of the greats of all time, we all remember from the mid-90s. Al Harris is aging a bit, which isn't good for a man-to-man cover corner who's somehow staved off typical age struggles, he may be due for a fall in performance. They don't have a reliable RB or TE. I am lukewarm about the Packers. I don't think they will take over the division, win one for Favre kind of a deal, like some do.
How many passes has he thrown so far, like 200-300?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
The Packers are the vogue pick. I would agree, had they actually done anything at this point with the bevy of free cap space they had. People are acting as if Favre will carry the team on his back, in his final season. My question, where have these people been for the past couple of years. This isn't the M.V.P, superstar, one of the greats of all time, we all remember from the mid-90s. Al Harris is aging a bit, which isn't good for a man-to-man cover corner who's somehow staved off typical age struggles, he may be due for a fall in performance. They don't have a reliable RB or TE. I am lukewarm about the Packers. I don't think they will take over the division, win

This seems much like a lot of the dumb statements that randy moss was washed up, even though he spent 2 years on a talentless team. Clearly moss and favre were washed up.....
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
This seems much like a lot of the dumb statements that randy moss was washed up, even though he spent 2 years on a talentless team. Clearly moss and favre were washed up.....
stop trying to make Favre into something more then he is: a nice veteran game manager. He's a superstar because of his merits back in the 90's, not recent years. And that's okay, no need to make him anything more than what he is, he's had his glory days, and now the end is in sight, he's still a respectable quarterback, which is admirable.

Face it, had Favre played like this his entire career he wouldn't have been the shoe-in hall of famer he is now.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
stop trying to make Favre into something more then he is: a nice veteran game manager. He's a superstar because of his merits back in the 90's, not recent years. And that's okay, no need to make him anything more than what he is, he's had his glory days, and now the end is in sight, he's still a respectable quarterback, which is admirable.

Face it, had Favre played like this his entire career he wouldn't have been the shoe-in hall of famer he is now.
I see your point and I see where you are coming from, but I think that he is more than a respectable quarterback. To me the best way to put it into words is that he is a quite good but not great QB at this point in his career. But he could be great at this point if we were currently in an offense that required him to make harder throws than he currently is being told to make.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah, a game manager that just threw for 369 yards and 3 TD. ... Not sure how that makes him a game manager and not a top knotch QB, but mmkay!

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Yeah, a game manager that just threw for 369 yards and 3 TD. ... Not sure how that makes him a game manager and not a top knotch QB, but mmkay!
... yes because I'm not talking about a single game I'm talking last few years, so try reading before you post, mmmkay?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-25-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
... yes because I'm not talking about a single game I'm talking last few years, so try reading before you post, mmmkay?
Trying reading your own posts before making a reply? You said, and I quote, "the end is in sight."

Yet the guy just threw for 369 yards and 3 tds, no picks, high completion percentage against one of the league's top defenses.

Oddly enough that doesn't bring me visions of a QB's demise.

Okay, maybe it was a fluke.. let's see what he did the week before.. oh.. 3 TDs.. 76% completion.. 286 yards.. huh... odd.

Oh, maybe that's HOW we know his end is near! I mean, obviously 2 really good games mean a QB is almost through.

Has he been great the past 2 years? Nah, but he's had bad teams around him. Last year he led a team most had ranked at the bottom of the league to an 8-8 record. This year a team most had as a middle-of-the-road team, POSSIBLE playoff by a few people, to a very strong 3-0 start against playoff teams.

He's not a game manager, he doesn't sit on the sidelines and call plays. He's a QB, and top 5 at the position right now.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Last few years huh? So I take it you're trying to point out his 29 INT year in 2005 when he had his only losing season of his career at 4-12. People seem to love bringing that up. Look at how bad the rest of the team was that year. Ahman Green, Najeh Davenport, Brady Poppinga, Robert Thomas, Javon Walker, Terrence Murphy, Bubba Franks, and Robert Ferguson along with some less important players all went on IR. Adrian Klemm and Will Whittaker were are starting guards, he had 0 time to throw. Samkon ******* Gado was our starting RB, when that happens you're going to have to air it out a lot. We did have Donald Driver at WR, but opposite him was Rod Gardner and Andre Thurman in the slot. Any QB would love to have those guys right? Interceptions are going to happen when you have players with no hands and have no bond with Brett since they joined the team during the season. On Defense we had Nail Diggs and Paris Lenon as outside backers. Ahmad Carroll started opposite Harris and Mike Hawkins was the nickle, Mark Roman started at SS. Obviously you can tell just by looking at those players that we were playing from behind a lot. Being behind, Favre has to thow it up a ton and often try and make something happen even if there's nothing there, which causes interceptions. Despite all that he still managed to throw for almost 4000 yards with a 61% completion rate and 20 TDs. I've heard many times over the offseason that Kitna is the same or better than Favre. Put him on that team and I'll guarentee his numbers don't come close to what Favre did. Go back to the last time he had a good team and he had a great year. I'm not saying he's as good as he was in the 90s because he's not, I'm just sick of people thinking the 2005 season is a legitimate reason to say he sucks.

Quote:
stop trying to make Favre into something more then he is: a nice veteran game manager.
He's much more than a nice game manager. Trent Dilfer was a nice game manager, Brett's season will blow his out of the water.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

gee, Favre is 37 years old, so yes I agree saying the end of his career is in sight is a completely insane statement, I don't know what I was thinking...

and the past few years (not pointing to any specifics) he hasn't been the Favre of the '90, yes he's done well the past few games, I'm happy for him and the packers (who are, incidentially, totally gonna demolish my Lions when the time comes) but please let's keep perspective here.

The guy is 37 years old and my entire point was this:
- he's close to retirement
- he's not as good as he used to be

so stop jumping all over every little thing someone says, turn of the enraged primate reactions and but yourselves a jar'o'realism in the $1 store.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-25-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
gee, Favre is 37 years old, so yes I agree saying the end of his career is in sight is a completely insane statement, I don't know what I was thinking...

and the past few years (not pointing to any specifics) he hasn't been the Favre of the '90, yes he's done well the past few games, I'm happy for him and the packers (who are, incidentially, totally gonna demolish my Lions when the time comes) but please let's keep perspective here.

so stop jumping all over every little thing someone says, turn of the enraged primate reactions and but yourselves a jar'o'realism in the $1 store.
Here I bought you one too, let's see whats inside:
Favre is a legend, he's putting up all the numbers, he is still a top 5 qb in the league, no analyst will disagree
Welcome to Earth, enjoy your stay
Old 09-25-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
Here I bought you one too, let's see whats inside:
Favre is a legend, he's putting up all the numbers, he is still a top 5 qb in the league, no analyst will disagree
Welcome to Earth, enjoy your stay
Yeah they will, I do too.
1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Palmer
4. McNabb
5. Bulger

I think you can put him in the second tier, but he is definitely not top 5 now.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Wow. That's pretty ground breaking insight there. A 37 year old QB is close to the end of his career and has declined in skill since he dominated the '90's. And, last time I checked, "game-manager" usually refers to QB's that simply hand the ball of to the RB 50% of the time, and throw an occasional pass of more than 5 yards. That's not what Favre's been doing so far this year.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Boston : 09-25-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Palmer
4. McNabb
5. Bulger

Based on current play I would say Favre is top 5, the only thing working against him is his WR's YAC yardage.

But when it comes to ability Favre is up there in years

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Wow. That's pretty ground breaking insight there. A 37 year old QB is close to the end of his career and has declined in skill since he dominated the '90's. And, last time I checked, "game-manager" usually refers to QB's that simply hand the ball of to the RB 50% of the time, and throw an occasional pass of more than 5 yards. That's not what Favre's been doing so far this year.
read the posts I react on before jumping in, I was reacting to someone who thought I was insane to use the words 'the end is in sight' to discribe where favre stands right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Based on current play I would say Favre is top 5, the only thing working against him is his WR's YAC yardage.

But when it comes to ability Favre is up there in years
Based on current play I'd say LT is an average RB.... so your point makes total sense.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-26-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
read the posts I react on before jumping in, I was reacting to someone who thought I was insane to use the words 'the end is in sight' to discribe where favre stands right now.

Based on current play I'd say LT is an average RB.... so your point makes total sense.
if not below average...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

The original point was that quite a few fools were talkin out of there ass saying randy moss and favre were washed up. Clearly if these people could use there noodle they would have noticed the situation they were in, such as the raiders beeing a terrible team with no qb and the packers also with a major decline in talent over the couple years when favre was having statistically poor seasons. Now those 2 players are not in there prime, but washed up...there still far better than more than half the league at there position. Probably top 5 or 10 in the entire nfl.

Last edited by Football Fan : 09-26-2007 at 02:13 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would call 369 yards and 3 TDs more than being a game manager.

Last edited by Vikes99ej : 09-26-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
The original point was that quite a few fools were talkin out of there ass saying randy moss and favre were washed up. Clearly if these people could use there noodle they would have noticed the situation they were in, such as the raiders beeing a terrible team with no qb and the packers also with a major decline in talent over the couple years when favre was having statistically poor seasons. Now those 2 players are not in there prime, but washed up...there still far better than more than half the league at there position. Probably top 5 or 10 in the entire nfl.
I would say that Favre is actually performing better himself too though. While the talent around him was not at its best the past few years, there were many times when I thought that he was not playing that well either no matter how much talent we had around him. It just happens that now our talent is better, our decisions are better, his decisions are better and it seems like he is even putting more into this season than in the past. Essentially, Favre is back in his groove, both in a football sense and motivation sense.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
I would say that Favre is actually performing better himself too though. While the talent around him was not at its best the past few years, there were many times when I thought that he was not playing that well either no matter how much talent we had around him. It just happens that now our talent is better, our decisions are better, his decisions are better and it seems like he is even putting more into this season than in the past. Essentially, Favre is back in his groove, both in a football sense and motivation sense.
I respect your opinion and agree to some extent. Still I think it would not be difficult to make the case that it is no coincidence that both favre and moss are performing much better now that the talent around them has dramatically improved. I think favres decisions may be better, but he also does not have a rookie offensive line needing his tight ends/ running backs to block instead of play offense and garbage at receiver that drop a league leading amount of passes. It just helps a quarterback do his job when he is not surounded by incompetence. Ive seen so many plays this year when he actually has had time to throw the ball without scrambling for his life, its really been good to see again. I think favre really gives everything he has to give on a week to week basis though dealing with deaths and cancer involving your wife/parents and siblings (the closest people to you) really has to ware anyone down at some point. No amount of talent can compensate for that and that is what he was dealing with during his down years.

Last edited by Football Fan : 09-26-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Palmer
4. McNabb
5. Bulger

Bulger is massively overrated, give Favre Holt he'll dominate more than ever.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bulger is massively overrated, give Favre Holt he'll dominate more than ever.
Uhhh... I think I'd put Driver on Holt's level right now.

Driver last year:

2006: 1295 yards, 8 TDs

Holt:

2006: 1188 yards, 10 TDs

3 straight years of 1,200+ yards... Driver is one of the most underrated WRs in the NFL.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Uhhh... I think I'd put Driver on Holt's level right now.

Driver last year:

2006: 1295 yards, 8 TDs

Holt:

2006: 1188 yards, 10 TDs

3 straight years of 1,200+ yards... Driver is one of the most underrated WRs in the NFL.
Okay, but where is the Isaac Bruce, the Kevin Curtis(Not anymore but you know), the Shaun McDonald?
Old 09-26-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay, but where is the Isaac Bruce, the Kevin Curtis(Not anymore but you know), the Shaun McDonald?
Who needs them? I think Favre's proved over and over again that the only thing he needs in a reciever is familiarity. I'd rather have Driver, Jones, Jennings over Holt, McDonald, or Curtis, Bruce, etc. any day of the week.

Hitman D

Old 09-26-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d802b44b9

Sounds of the game from week 3.

The Bears had by far the weakest pre-game rally, with Lance Briggs yelling "Get it crunk get it crunk" and everyone responding "Oo." The Lions' was OK, can't really tell what they're doing. The Packers' was pretty good, with Barnett basically paraphrasing The 300. The Vikings didn't have one...

The Chargers' was pretty good, too. Kinda like Remember the Titans.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d802b44b9

Sounds of the game from week 3.

The Bears had by far the weakest pre-game rally, with Lance Briggs yelling "Get it crunk get it crunk" and everyone responding "Oo." The Lions' was OK, can't really tell what they're doing. The Packers' was pretty good, with Barnett basically paraphrasing The 300. The Vikings didn't have one...

The Chargers' was pretty good, too. Kinda like Remember the Titans.
I love the roar you hear from the crowd when Jennings catches the ball. I can't even imagine how loud that must have been.

Hitman D