Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

Old 09-08-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ravens vs Bengals Discussion

Discuss the first Monday night game of the season.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens win defensive dominance and prominance, sorry Ocho...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I can't see the Ravens losing this one. The Defense looks strong and with JO in the lineup the running game will finally get fully utilized and the entire Offense will get into a rhythm just like last year 1st game of the season. Its going to be exciting to watch McNair abuse the young corners of Cincy. Having everyone healthy to start the season with this team is going to be nasty...

Watch out Carson...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The ravens got this one.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got the Bengals.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we win but I dont think it will be a easy one.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have the ravens in this one but i could see cinci exploiting the defence of baltimores but the ravens will win
Old 09-08-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have had problems in Cincy that last few years and McNair was lousy last game there. I see the same thing happening and the Bengals edging the Ravens 14-10.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't wait to watch it. go bengals!

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals 24
Ravens 3

Total ineffectiveness by our O, I'd watch for Willis to have a Jamal like game (meaning today's Jamal), and McNair will throw some pickles and cost us this 1 early, D keeps it close early but a couple of late TDs put a nail in us, thus starting our season that will disappoint all of our blind homer fans, that seem to think we are still a 13-3 team, when we go 8-8.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got the Bengals, for obvious reasons I suppose.

We're better off vs. defensive teams than the more balanced teams (see SD and NE) because our defense can shut down the lesser offenses. I can see it being a lot like last years Thursday night game with a lot of clock management and a lower scoring game. I don't see us losing this one. Our defense should do fine and our offense will be able to click out the occasional scoring drive against your D. Our Oline is a lot better off than the last two times we played as well.

Keys of the game as I see them:
1.) Bengals pass protection
2.) Ravens run game
3.) As always, turnovers.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:59 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Bengals 24
Ravens 3

Total ineffectiveness by our O, I'd watch for Willis to have a Jamal like game (meaning today's Jamal), and McNair will throw some pickles and cost us this 1 early, D keeps it close early but a couple of late TDs put a nail in us, thus starting our season that will disappoint all of our blind homer fans, that seem to think we are still a 13-3 team, when we go 8-8.
ouch. while i feel that cinci wins in the end, but i think that we a td atleast. those bengal recievers are just so damn hard to cover, and their O-line really keeps our blitzes at bay.

from what i watched of Willis he just doesnt have very many holes to run in, im worried about our O-line. im thinking our team is in between the 13-3 team and the 8-8 team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:22 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing I see working in the Ravens favor is the fact that Chris Henry is suspended. That kid kills us..........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will not post in here anymore until after the game...by then hopefully we woulda won and I can say see were not a bad team as it seems people think when we have the same team as last year same defense but one person, and upgraded offense..
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
ouch. while i feel that cinci wins in the end, but i think that we a td atleast. those bengal recievers are just so damn hard to cover, and their O-line really keeps our blitzes at bay.

from what i watched of Willis he just doesnt have very many holes to run in, im worried about our O-line. im thinking our team is in between the 13-3 team and the 8-8 team.
Ditto, I have us ending with 10 to 11 wins. I am not sure who exactly the homer ERU is referring to.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Ditto, I have us ending with 10 to 11 wins. I am not sure who exactly the homer ERU is referring to.

Every Ravens fan who thinks we're still the best team in the division and still thinks we are a 13-3 caliber team.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 09-10-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
I will not post in here anymore until after the game...by then hopefully we woulda won and I can say see were not a bad team as it seems people think when we have the same team as last year same defense but one person, and upgraded offense..
How is our offense upgraded?

I'm not worried about our D, I think Cincy will get some late TDs because our D will be dead tired.

And I wasn't taking a shot at Willis as it seemed I was more referring to our inability to run block.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 09-10-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
The only thing I see working in the Ravens favor is the fact that Chris Henry is suspended. That kid kills us..........
You know this is true, didn't take that into account. I don't remember him doing much the last game though, still, he gets the attention of any defense.

Weather is looking good, low 80's-high 70's at kickoff and no rain as far as I know.

Any word on Ogden yet? I'm assuming he'll play but as of last night I believe he was a gametime decision.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Every Ravens fan who thinks we're still the best team in the division and still thinks we are a 13-3 caliber team.
What is wrong with having optimism for the up coming season? Its foolish to write off the fans of our team beacuse they think we can perform. The first game hasnt been played yet, so your opinion of us sucking is no more true than others opinion that we will do good. Should everyone who thinks we will perform call you out in posts on how you are such a foolish pessimist? or Should they write you off as someone who is trying to go out on a limb and calling our season a failure before it even begins. I mean its easy for you to call people homers but they can easily just write you off the same way. Its pointless to write off peoples opinions before the games have even been played. Its fine for you to think that our team is sub par but dont call out others for being optimistic.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How is our offense upgraded?

I'm not worried about our D, I think Cincy will get some late TDs because our D will be dead tired.

And I wasn't taking a shot at Willis as it seemed I was more referring to our inability to run block.
Willis McGahee, say he puts up the same amount of yards as Jamal would have for us(he better put up more) we still will have a upgraded offense because D-will can get playing time because we will have 3 WR sets.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Levi Jones is out, per espn. Just saw it on tv

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 09-10-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Levi Jones is out, per espn. Just saw it on tv
Yeah I saw that, also note Willie Anderson is playing but was a game time decision. One could deduct that he is not 100%. I hope the Ravens D utilizes this correctly.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

JO will be starting also.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 09-10-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Beautiful Catch for D Will, he just kept going up higher and higher.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

wow we've got some problems

edit: reallllllly bad problems. we fumble.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 09-10-2007 at 07:42 PM.