Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

Old 09-09-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Well I hope your right because I feel bad for Cleveland you almost got treated as bad as Baltimore, when our team was stolen, so Im some what sympathetic. BUT its not like its hard to be the best QB on that roster.
Very true. But it's still something this early in his career.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas gave up 3 of the 6 sacks.

Haggans, Harrison and I believe Clark(Fumble)

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Were is the Browns poster that has them pegged at 8-8 this year lol.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I love that Browns fans think Brady Quinn is some football God and he is gonna save the franchise.
If you had Anderson/Frye you would too.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

You really expect Thomas to block 2 or 3 guys? When they're blitzing 7...and only 5 are protecting, you get the ball out quick or it's a sack.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:

I'm pretty sure Farrior pushed him right back in to the quarterback and got the sack.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
I'm pretty sure Farrior pushed him right back in to the quarterback and got the sack.

Wrong side. Farrior would be attacking the right side of the offensive line. It was against Shaffer.

The offensive line played very well. 6 sacks, but you can't hold all of those against them when Charlie Frye has no idea how to throw the ball away, and can't see a blitz cause he's staring at his receivers ass the entire time. Frye would hike the ball with his head tilted left watching a receiver right out of the gate. He is absolutely horrid.

The running game you can't blame on the line either. With the play of our QB's I'm sure Pitt had 8 or even 9 in the box. Pitt could've played puntblock and Frye would still take a sack.

Play from our QB's, a loss in the Field Position battle, a loss in the turnover battle, and penalties is what made the game so out of hand.

Good luck Pitt, you kicked our ass and deserved that win. Knoll and Cowher couldn't beat Cleveland in Cleveland in their first attempt; Tomlin did. Very nice.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Were is the Browns poster that has them pegged at 8-8 this year lol.
Marshall Faulk's not a Brown's fan. Btw, we're kicking your ass next week.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No that's Joe Montainya...and i think he deleted that from his sig...lol
Yeah, Faulk also said it.

I hold to 7-9 though....***positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts***

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.tribunechronicle.com/spor...rticleID=22366

Mostly Browns notes:

* FEELING BETTER: Browns cornerback Leigh Bodden was glad to get out on the field after a rocky week. Bodden was charged with resisting arrest and using abusive language towards a police officer last Wednesday when he was stopped for driving the wrong way at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.

“It was therapeutic to come out here and get everything off the field away from my mind,” he said. “When I’m on the field, nothing is on my mind except football.”

* INJURY REPORT: Browns cornerback Daven Holly was injured on a late hit by Ward in the second half. Holly suffered a concussion and didn’t return.

* WELL DESERVED: The Browns honored Gene Hickerson at halftime. Hickerson, who played 16 seasons with the Browns, was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame this year.

* A FIRST: Browns fullback Lawrence Vickers caught a 1-yard touchdown pass from Derek Anderson in the third quarter. It was the first career touchdown reception for Vickers, a fifth-round draft choice last year.

* CAREER BEST: Roethlisberger set a career high with four touchdown passes. This is Roethlisberger’s fourth NFL season.

* STRETCHING IT OUT: Winslow had a team-record 89 receptions last season but for just 875 yards. Winslow had four receptions for 83 yards Sunday, which averages out to 20.8 yards a reception.

* BOUND TO HAPPEN: With fans wanting to see rookie quarterback Brady Quinn, the inevitable “Brady, Brady” chants began at the 9:51 mark of the second quarter. Quinn was listed as the third quarterback, which meant he was on the eight-player inactive list.

* SLOW START: The Browns were hoping that running back Jamal Lewis would energize the ground game, but he was held in check. He finished with 35 yards on 11 carries. He also lost a fumble that led to a Steelers’ touchdown.

“We had a good game plan coming in, but we fell behind early,” Lewis said.

* SPOT IT: With punter Dave Zastudil out with a bad back, the Browns needed to find a holder for placement kicks. Paul Ernster, who was signed Saturday to replace Zastudil as the punter, was the holder.

* INACTIVES: Out for the Browns were Zastudil; defensive back Gary Baxter; fullback Charles Ali; linebacker Willie McGinest; offensive linemen Isaac Sowells and Kelly Butler; receiver Travis Wilson and Quinn.

The Steelers sidelined receiver Willie Reid; cornerback Ricardo Colclough; running back Gary Russell; linebacker Marquis Cooper; offensive linemen Darnell Stapleton and Trai Essex; linebacker Arnold Harrison and quarterback Brian St. Pierre.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Marshall Faulk's not a Brown's fan. Btw, we're kicking your ass next week.
BRING IT!

After you figure out who your QB will be I'll decide out margin of victory :D

And I figured it was Montainya but since it was gone I wasn't sure. Talk about a weak guarantee.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
Wrong side. Farrior would be attacking the right side of the offensive line. It was against Shaffer.
Wrong again.

From Craig Wolfley of SCI:

"The scouting report on Thomas was that he set soft. The report was correct. After punching Clark down to the inside Thomas got a high velocity "lap dance" from Farrior as James ran into, on top of, and over Thomas on his way to a second quarter sack."

Haggans and Farrior came from the Left side of the offense. Thomas Pushed Haggans into the LG, disengaged and got walloped by Farrior.

The Clark fumble was a blitz, but Thomas barely picked anyone up. Both DeShea and Clark got through.

Personally the best sack was IMO, when Kevin Shaffer didn't use his hands to protect his body and Aaron Smith just chest slammed him and ran over him.

I do like the "Fat Nickel" as DL Coach John Mitchell coined it.

Keisel, Hokie, Big Snack and Aaron Smith.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea with the steelers D you can never say someone will attack from one side every play. every LBer moves constantly and could come from any direction on any given play. (which translates to...we are too good)

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Wrong again.

From Craig Wolfley of SCI:

"The scouting report on Thomas was that he set soft. The report was correct. After punching Clark down to the inside Thomas got a high velocity "lap dance" from Farrior as James ran into, on top of, and over Thomas on his way to a second quarter sack."

Haggans and Farrior came from the Left side of the offense. Thomas Pushed Haggans into the LG, disengaged and got walloped by Farrior.

The Clark fumble was a blitz, but Thomas barely picked anyone up. Both DeShea and Clark got through.

Personally the best sack was IMO, when Kevin Shaffer didn't use his hands to protect his body and Aaron Smith just chest slammed him and ran over him.

I do like the "Fat Nickel" as DL Coach John Mitchell coined it.

Keisel, Hokie, Big Snack and Aaron Smith.
I knew it was Farrior. I remember at exclaiming how he strong he must be to bull rush Thomas the way he did.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Frye was beaten so badly the Browns traded his ass.

Wasn't it just last offseason that the Browns fans said they were going to have a great team soon with Frye as their franchise Qb?

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Stiller: I was watching the game. At least two of the sacks came on heavy blitzes.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Stiller: I was watching the game. At least two of the sacks came on heavy blitzes.
I know,

Like I said, 3 Came from his side. He either blew a blocking assignment or lost 1-on-1.

James Harrison ran around him, Chris Hoke blew up the middle of the OL tripped up the QB and his backside pursuit Harrison sacked the QB(I believe he also bulldozed Jamal Lewis). Harrison was Thomas' man.

Thats 1.

Haggans and Farrior blitzed his side. He pushed Haggans to Steinbach and went 1-on-1 with Farrior and Farrior ran him over. He was 1-on-1 wiht a LB and lost. It was a blitz setup, but he lost in single blocking to Farrior after he pushed Haggans to Steinbach.

Thats 2.

He completely missed both Ryan Clark AND DeShea Townsend. He picked up DeShea slightly, but so did Steinbach. Keisel dropped in coverage, Thomas & Steinbach double teamed a CB. Clark ran free (He was Thomas' Man), and caused the fumble/sack.

Thats 3.

Aaron Smith Ran over Shaffer.

Thats 4.

Ike Taylor ran around Shaffer and past Lewis

Thats 5.

Haggans Ragdolled Shaffer.

Thats 6.

3 of those sacks Thomas didn't catch his man.. Farrior, Harrison and Clark were his guys to block. and If not, that is just horrible OL coaching.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

On the Clark one, it seems to me if he was moving inside to help protect there, that's a problem in the play call/blocking assignments, which is only partly Thomas' fault. They probably didn't anticipate Keisel dropping back. And it was absolutely stupid for Anderson to not audible.

The Harrison one, I swear to god that was from the other side, I may not remember right. Even if I don't remember correctly, how do you know Harrison was his man? Entirely possible they wanted him to get Keisel and double Hampton, or double Keisel. Again, unanticipated blitzes...that's at least partly the problem of Frye for not recognizing the blitz.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

because even if they wanted them to double hampton or double kiesel. any lineman with half a brain and with eye sight could see "Silverback" blitzing and turn and pick him up. leave the guy to not get doubled and protect your QB.

and plus elite LT's block the whole line at once. why wasn't he doing that??!!

p.s. i love you though, keep up the good running for vegas.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
On the Clark one, it seems to me if he was moving inside to help protect there, that's a problem in the play call/blocking assignments, which is only partly Thomas' fault. They probably didn't anticipate Keisel dropping back. And it was absolutely stupid for Anderson to not audible.

The Harrison one, I swear to god that was from the other side, I may not remember right. Even if I don't remember correctly, how do you know Harrison was his man? Entirely possible they wanted him to get Keisel and double Hampton, or double Keisel. Again, unanticipated blitzes...that's at least partly the problem of Frye for not recognizing the blitz.
If Keisel is dropping in coverage... why is Thomas trying to block him in pass pro, with another guy coming off the edge.

No Ike, Smith and Haggans Sacks were from the Right.. Harrison, Clark and Farrior were from the left.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stiller I don't disagree with you much, but you have to put some of those sacks on Frye, he clearly held onto the ball too long a few times, one time he ran into a guy Thomas was blocking, his fault.

You can't block forever, but yeah Thomas probably isn't going to look good his first NFL game against your D, you guys have a great mixture of strength and speed.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Its up to the QB and C to adjust the protection, Joe blocked his assingment...except not very well on the Farrior/Haggans fiasco.

Ryan Clark was Jason Wright's, Thomas was on D'Shea, Steinbach should have gone to the NT or whoever was in on that play...just bad communication.

I don't have an opinion on the Harrison play, i'm not sure i saw that one. If it was Joe's fault, oh well, i'm sure it won't hurt his future.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Stiller I don't disagree with you much, but you have to put some of those sacks on Frye, he clearly held onto the ball too long a few times, one time he ran into a guy Thomas was blocking, his fault.

You can't block forever, but yeah Thomas probably isn't going to look good his first NFL game against your D, you guys have a great mixture of strength and speed.
4/5 sacks are on Frye, but then again, Those 4 sacks Frye wasn't given much time (Especially on the Clark, Farrior and Smith Sacks).

Not to mention he was trying to get outside the tackle to throw the ball away on the Harrison sack.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

The Clark sack was happened to Anderson, the only one we gave when Anderson was in the game. Which is evidence that those 5 sacks on Charlie are not the OL fault.

Charlie had plenty of time to throw, i remember having enough time to stand up, jump and scream "Throw the damn ball." That's at least 3-4 seconds plus what he already had. lol

But yeah, it doesn't matter, we stunk up the place, and what i am most pissed about is the lack of passion and intensity our team had.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

okay i think we are close enough to game day to start this back up. lets here what you browns fans have to say now.