Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

Old 11-08-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Officially, Joe Thomas has not given up a sack, or at least that is what Chris Mortensen and John Clayton have said. So yeah, Mrs Stiller, you were wrong. But lets not dwell on the past.

Should be a decent ball game and we should be in it if we can manage to make it a shootout.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

browns offense does scare me a little..

never thought id say that... but i see us running a nickel against you guys like we did against the bengals and limiting you all to about 7 - 17 points

but if we dont really stay in the nickle in first / 2nd downs and we cant get pressure you all really may put up 24pts +

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They had a Browns announcer on Mark Maddens show in Pittsburgh today and he said that Thomas hasn't given up a sack since the opening game.

Either way, he and the O-line are doing great. Anderson has this offense ready to go for the rematch and it should be a good game. I'm thinking the Steelers win something along the lines of 31-17. Browns defense can't stop the Steelers and I think the Steelers defense will be able to keep the Browns from getting out of control.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GO BROWNS!!!

:)

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree with whats being said, i think there offense is good. its looking real good, the O-Line is looking good, the combo of Edwards and Winslow is catching balls and white Shaq is throwing the ball well. but regardless they still aren't on the level where they can do enough against a good steelers defense. and i think our offense is just as good if not better than theres and i know the Brownies defense can't stop a little league team. i like the scores going up. i think we put up another 35-17 or 21.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This'll be a helluva lot closer, I'll tell you that. I'm seeing a high scoring game.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say 51-45 Browns!!!! j/k

In all honesty I think it'll be 27-17 Steelers.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Browns! Get that Dallas pick higher!
Old 11-08-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Hmmmm, i say it will take 30+ to win. My prediction will come later.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ill say 34-10 Steelers. Anderson will be dizzy by games end.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Ill say 34-10 Steelers. Anderson will be dizzy by games end.
Why's that? I mean, a good at worst offensive line and a QB who can get the ball away really really quick does not = a bad passing game.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

I don't expect Anderson getting hit all that often.....if NE and Seattle couldn't get to him, neither is Pitt. However, i still see him giving you guys a couple easy picks, that's just how he rolls.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm expecting so see alot more of Tomlin's cover 2 in this one. I think we give Anderson time and make him beat us by making passes. He has shown he has a good qucik release and doesn't have a problem throwing under pressure so I'd rather see us use enough guys to cover Edwards, Winslow and Jurevicious and only rush 4-5 guys.

As long as Harrison is one of those 4-5 we'll get there anyway.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I'm expecting so see alot more of Tomlin's cover 2 in this one. I think we give Anderson time and make him beat us by making passes. He has shown he has a good qucik release and doesn't have a problem throwing under pressure so I'd rather see us use enough guys to cover Edwards, Winslow and Jurevicious and only rush 4-5 guys.

Complete opposite. Were gonna be sendin the house and blitzin all day.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I say 51-45 Browns!!!! j/k

In all honesty I think it'll be 27-17 Steelers.
Ive been picking 38-21 or 28-24 somewhere in that area the steelers win.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
I don't expect Anderson getting hit all that often.....if NE and Seattle couldn't get to him, neither is Pitt. However, i still see him giving you guys a couple easy picks, that's just how he rolls.
i want to know why you included Seattle in the same sentence and thought as NE and Pitts pass rush?? we will actually get to him atleast 2 times and rush him a couple of more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post

i agree with you here. i think we drop more into coverage, even though i have faith that Taylor can cover Edwards one on one 80% of the time. he has been pretty lock down. most years everyone knows you can't run on us but you can throw but this year that is still the case but we are leading the league in pass defense. Taylor is playing great in my opinion. should be a good game but i think we just rush 4-5 like you said with the occasional 6-7.

i'm just looking forward to a Anthony Smith hit. lets see how soldier the soldier is.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm rooting for a tie.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
i want to know why you included Seattle in the same sentence and thought as NE and Pitts pass rush?? we will actually get to him atleast 2 times and rush him a couple of more.
Seattle only has 2 sacks less than Pitt on the season, they blitz a lot, and iirc correctly they never got to Anderson.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant imagine it changing much more than usual anyways, we allways rush allot regardless of who we are playing...we are just gonna have to make sure we defend downfield well...i.e not like we did against the Cardinals.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
scrylla
Rookie

scrylla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Steelers Farrior on Browns Winslow: 'I'll be looking for him'
Steelers linebacker James Farrior has a word of warning for Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. "He better have his head on a swivel," Farrior said in a conference call from Pittsburgh on Wednesday. "Every time we go up against those guys, I'll be looking for him." Winslow was not available Wednesday to respond to Farrior's not-so-subtle threat. He will get his turn today. Whether Winslow talks is up to him, but the feud between Winslow and Farrior is just one part of the drama building toward the game Sunday at Heinz Field. The rift can be traced to the game in Pittsburgh last year when Winslow was flagged for a blind-side block on Farrior late in the game after the whistle blew. It prompted former Steelers linebacker Joey Porter to use a slur for a homosexual, which prompted the NFL to fine Porter. -- News-Herald

The Steelers are such punks. Who do you guys think/ how many times is Hines Ward going to get a late hit on this game? That helmet-to-helmet hit at the end of the game last week was absolutely unprofessional and ridiculous.

All I gotta say is, KII is ready for whatever Farrior is going to bring.

http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?i...erzoomebi6.gif
scrylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah... I completely forgot about how Pittsburgh wasn't #1 in both Passing Yards Per game, Overall Defense, Points per game and #3 in Rushing against per game..

But I could see how the #1 defense in the league wouldn't out do the #5 and #13

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Officially, Joe Thomas has not given up a sack, or at least that is what Chris Mortensen and John Clayton have said. So yeah, Mrs Stiller, you were wrong. But lets not dwell on the past.

Should be a decent ball game and we should be in it if we can manage to make it a shootout.
Eh... I don't know how much stock I'll put in that. 3 Sacks came from the edge on his side. 2 of Which he got abused and once got run around.

They want to not put them in the books as his fault, fine. I don't really care, but the fact remains..

We sacked the QB 3 times from his side. I don't care how many sacks are "Credited" to his name if we're abusing him to the QB.

I don't think he has the strength or arm length to take on Harrison as he's peaking right now.. Heck Ogdens arms are about 10"-14" longer and He couldn't get locked onto Harrison.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Yeah... I completely forgot about how Pittsburgh wasn't #1 in both Passing Yards Per game, Overall Defense, Points per game and #3 in Rushing against per game..

But I could see how the #1 defense in the league wouldn't out do the #5 and #13
You act like the Steelers have actually played decent offenses.

Lets recap:
The Charlie Frye led Browns
Bills
49ers
Cardinals
Seattle
Cincinnati
Baltimore.

Let's see, the only good offense they've really faced this year, Denver, they *gasp* gave up 31 to.

This Browns offense is the best the Steelers will have faced all year.

The question is can the Browns score with the Steelers offense. If the Browns defense comes up big I think the Browns win this. But that's not likely, so I say Steelers in a shootout.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
You act like the Steelers have actually played decent offenses.

Lets recap:
The Charlie Frye led Browns
Bills
49ers
Cardinals
Seattle
Cincinnati
Baltimore.

Let's see, the only good offense they've really faced this year, Denver, they *gasp* gave up 31 to.

This Browns offense is the best the Steelers will have faced all year.

The question is can the Browns score with the Steelers offense. If the Browns defense comes up big I think the Browns win this. But that's not likely, so I say Steelers in a shootout.
Yeah, and you're acting as if the Defenses you beat were *Gasp* any good.

The last 3 games you averaged:

34 pts...

Against teams with a combined record of 4-20.

Those teams averaged about 27 pts.

The 2 defenses above .500 you faced you managed 12 pts on avg.

I don't know if I'd put the Browns offense over the Bengals offense.. they're playing good right now, but look who you guys had the last 3 weeks.. and the 3 weeks before NE.

You're talking exactly like you did before the first game.

You guys have 1 thing we don't.. a solid OL. But we exploited that in the first game, and we can do it again.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I really hope the steelers don't make the mistake of blitzing to many guys. Anderson has made quick reads and has reliable targets. He'll find the open man if we are blitzing 6-7 guys regularly.