Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

Old 11-12-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very very disappointed and heartbroken after that one. 21-6 and we let it slip away. Too much went wrong in the 2nd half between the no first downs until the last drive, the fumble, not stopping Ben on 3rd and long about 5 times, and the holding on the last punt return. Looks like Pittsburgh has the division, hopefully we can win 4 or 5 of our last 7 at least to represent the AFCNorth in the wildcard round (will we meet again then?)

Our O-Line was reallly good today, Pittsburgh blitzed a ton as usual and never got any pressure on Anderson, that was impressive. Figured we weren't gonna run on Pittsburgh though, Jamal Lewis is not necessarily an Adrian Peterson or LaDanian Tomlinson. We need a longterm answer at RB eventually, JL is just stopgap. Considering about every Browns fan expected us to lose that one, it's at least comforting to know we nearly won.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers really didnt blitz as much as they typically do until the end of the game. For the first 3 quarters plus the dropped more ppl in to coverage than usual.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 11-12-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Very very disappointed and heartbroken after that one. 21-6 and we let it slip away. Too much went wrong in the 2nd half between the no first downs until the last drive, the fumble, not stopping Ben on 3rd and long about 5 times, and the holding on the last punt return. Looks like Pittsburgh has the division, hopefully we can win 4 or 5 of our last 7 at least to represent the AFCNorth in the wildcard round (will we meet again then?)

Our O-Line was reallly good today, Pittsburgh blitzed a ton as usual and never got any pressure on Anderson, that was impressive. Figured we weren't gonna run on Pittsburgh though, Jamal Lewis is not necessarily an Adrian Peterson or LaDanian Tomlinson. We need a longterm answer at RB eventually, JL is just stopgap. Considering about every Browns fan expected us to lose that one, it's at least comforting to know we nearly won.

honestly, ithought that this game would be a cake walk since we always smash you guys, but now i know you guys are good cuz honesty in my opinion, anderson>quinn, and i think you guys can and will be successful with anderson

you guys need help with your front seven and some line work
if you guys do that, it will be a good rivalry again

good game guys, and joshua cribbs i believe is the returner that nobody knows about, he might be just as good as hester
Old 11-12-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing that kept this game close was the kick returns nad Bens INT. Other than the first drive the Browns didn't do much offensivly and their defense was pretty bad all game.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns to send a tape to NY headquarters complaining about the officiating.

Here

BEREA Borrowing from a John Steinbach title, call the aftermath of Sunday’s 31-28 loss at Pittsburgh the Winter of Romeo Crennel’s discontent.

The Browns’ head coach said the team will send the league office a package demonstrating how the team was hurt by holding penalties that were and weren’t called.

Referee Ron Winter’s crew missed some holds that helped Pittsburgh drives, in the view of some Browns.

Then, with barely more than a minute left, Browns punt-return blocker Darnell Dinkins was flagged for holding. Dinkins was convinced - and coaches agreed following a film review - it was a clean play.

The penalty resulted in the Browns starting their final series from their own 33-yard line rather than the Pittsburgh 40. They got far enough for Phil Dawson to try a 52-yard field goal that came up short.

“It’s unfortunate it happened,” Crennel said today. “It cost us a lot of field position.”

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I thought the officiating was bad on this game aswell. There were alot of false start penalties on both teams that went uncalled. There were also alot of uncalled holds against both teams, and some that shouldn't have been called. I think i can remember a horse collar that went uncalled aswelll but that might have been another game.

BTW, this is the same guy that screwed up the coin toss on Thanksgiving.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I thought the officiating was bad on this game aswell. There were alot of false start penalties on both teams that went uncalled. There were also alot of uncalled holds against both teams, and some that shouldn't have been called. I think i can remember a horse collar that went uncalled aswelll but that might have been another game.

BTW, this is the same guy that screwed up the coin toss on Thanksgiving.
officiating sucked... but it sucked equally

Old 11-14-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
officiating sucked... but it sucked equally
You can't deny how huge that last holding call on Dinkins was though.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

As huge as it was he was definately holding the back of Harrisons jersey. I saw a video of it on another forum so I'll try to find it again and you cab see him holding the back of the jersey and before the play was over both players turned and looked for the flag and Dinkins immediately knew it was on him.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
You can't deny how huge that last holding call on Dinkins was though.
And that no call PI on Winslow could've ended the game if Winslow didn't interfere with Polamalu.

Troy had that picked. Winslow pulled him down. No call.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:53 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking back on this thread I am laughing at everybody. All the predictions about QBs and stats and records and draft picks.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
wow steelers and ohio state fan, frontrunner

Somehow I missed this comment when the thread was active.

Could be that I'm a Steelers fan cause I've lived in Pittsburgh all my life and grew up loving the team. And now I'm an OSU fan cause I go there.