View Poll Results: Who wins
UW 29 47.54%
tOSU 32 52.46%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Here is the fact most people forget about OSU and its proven., they play to the level of their competition no matter what.

remember games against Bowling Green etc? Everyone knew before the season started that when we play Ohio schools, that is will be close, because the players on most of these schools more than likely were even recruited by OSU at one point.

Who honestly thinks Washington's freshmen QB can beat one of the best D's in the country? Even if our offense never scores a TD, we still have a better chance at winning this game.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
UW has a good rushing game, and they are young. I dont hold a lot of faith in OSU's D, in regards to this game. UW has a potent Rushing Offense which could lead to a good match-up. i say Boeckman makes too many mistakes in this one which will hurt the buckeyes.
I gaurantee that you have never even seen Boakman play because none of our games have been on TV yet, but for some reason your predicting he will make mistakes because of box scores you might have seen or highlights on ESPN? Face it, other than ESPN you have no clue about OSU's team this year.

We could possibly go undefeated this year again if you look at our schedule, so why are we going to let Washington slip up on us? You dont think these recruits are salivating over a true D-1 school to prove something?

I think your really underestimating Wells and I am willing to place a personal bet that he rushes for over 150 yards.

Name one year Tressell has coached at OSU where we started the season just blowing away oppenents? Thats USC and Oklahomas style not t OSU's
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

our d will obliterate washington, i don't care how good you guys think Locker is. I will take OSU in a 24-3 win
Old 09-10-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
our d will obliterate washington, i don't care how good you guys think Locker is. I will take OSU in a 24-3 win
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
I gaurantee that you have never even seen Boakman play because none of our games have been on TV yet, but for some reason your predicting he will make mistakes because of box scores you might have seen or highlights on ESPN? Face it, other than ESPN you have no clue about OSU's team this year.
you guys both contradicted each other, since Locker is yet to play on national tv. Locker is legit, i saw both games on FSN at 2 because i moved away from washington and thats when they were replayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you guys both contradicted each other, since Locker is yet to play on national tv. Locker is legit, i saw both games on FSN at 2 because i moved away from washington and thats when they were replayed.
Wasn't the Syracuse game national?
Old 09-10-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Wasn't the Syracuse game national?
no, it was on FSN Northwest, and since you live in the Northwest, it was live

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no, it was on FSN Northwest, and since you live in the Northwest, it was live
Nah, I watched it on espn or espn 2. I don't have fsn right now. It may have been on FSN NW, but it was also national. RL#1 was watching it from philly. No biggie though.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Nah, I watched it on espn or espn 2. I don't have fsn right now. It may have been on FSN NW, but it was also national. RL#1 was watching it from philly. No biggie though.
oh ok, then thats why he knows how legit the Huskies and Locker are.

Quote:

Old 09-10-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
oh ok, then thats why he knows how legit the Huskies and Locker are.
Yeah I'm not exactly excited about the thought of facing him 4 years straight. He's a beast in the making for sure.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah I'm not exactly excited about the thought of facing him 4 years straight. He's a beast in the making for sure.
UW has some great young talent every where, meaning in a few they could be up there near the top of the Pac 10. I just wish they send USC to like the Big 10 or something. i dont think i would want to play them every year

Quote:

Old 09-11-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

there was no contradiction, i am just saying that i don't care how good he is, the rest of the team will not be up to snuff
Old 09-11-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
T.Smith
Rookie

T.Smith hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Our Defense will be the only thing keeping us in the game, our offense just has to put up a touchdown or two. We need to come out passing, that way we can set up the run. Our O-line has not been making any holes for beanie as of late, but once they do he is gone.
T.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm shocked at how close this poll is. Given the amount of die hard Big 10 supporters on this site i would have expected it to have been 60-40 Ohio State
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

People that arent big 10 fans might be voting with their heart.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Washington wins and that Hawaii will beat Washington. :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think Washington wins and that Hawaii will beat Washington. :D
Hawaii barely got by Louisiana Tech... They were a 28 point favorite and won by 1. They stink

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-11-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Hawaii barely got by Louisiana Tech... They were a 28 point favorite and won by 1. They stink
Point spreads are all based off public perception. You know that. The fact that Hawaii is a 17.5 point favorite @UNLV after the entire nation saw them nearly beat #5 Wisconsin, goes to show that the public perception of what Hawaii can do to an opponent is far from "stinky".
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:30 AM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ohio State has more NFL talent on this defense than they have EVER had in the history of the school.

The scary thing about this team is they are playing like the cohesive unit that the 2005 squad was, and they have a scheme different to the 2006, version, and similar to the 2005 version where they blitz a LOT.

Just a FWIW.... here is the NFL talent projection on this squad....

DE- Vern Gholston, top 15
DE- Rob Rose, likely top 45 (hard to tell how high at a young age)
DT- Doug Worthington- if weight gains, likely top 50
DT- Todd Denlinger- likely top 100

LB James Laurinaitis- top 20
LB Marcus Freeman- top 60
LB Larry Grant- top 45

S- Anderson Russel- top 25
S- Kurt Coleman- top 60

CB- Malcolm Jenkins- top 25
CB- Donald Washington- top 60

And not to sound like an ass, but this is being pretty "safe" in the predictions. This is NOT the defense that got destroyed by Florida last year... or Michigan for that matter.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:33 AM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

But regardless, my point is, I dont care how good Locker looked vs. Syracuse and Boise State, he will look terrible vs. OSU just like Colt Mccoy did vs. an inferior defense last year.

He will get sacked at least 3 times, and will likely throw at least one pick.

I understand our offense is bad...our offensive line looks terrible right now, which is hard to comprehend since it was great last year and only lost two starters. The interior line specifically has looked bad. Much of last saturday's game was in the rain, but Boekman needs to improve his reads.

IMO if we score 14 points, we'll win the game assuming the washington d doesnt score off OSU turnovers.

When I make bold statements about OSU, most of the time i'm right. Hopefully I will be this time, but this D is as good as 2002 or possibly better.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:56 AM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs

Gstock is absolutely exaggerating, quit being a ridic. man
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sold on OSU.. and UW is no Youngstown St.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

yahn...I'll say UW wins by 14.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
yahn...I'll say UW wins by 14.
UW wins by 14??? Wow that is a bold statement. You do realize they are 4 point underdogs right?

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-12-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why the spreads matter all that much in making predictions. Anything can happen.

I can't wait though. Here in Washington, I've heard about how Washington is going to beat the Buckeyes from several people. I'm pretty excited about this game.

Oh and are the Huskies not ranked? How did that happen? Not even 25?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I don't know why the spreads matter all that much in making predictions. Anything can happen.

I can't wait though. Here in Washington, I've heard about how Washington is going to beat the Buckeyes from several people. I'm pretty excited about this game.

Oh and are the Huskies not ranked? How did that happen? Not even 25?
I think the bigger surprise is that the Huskies are up by 4 in this poll, despite OSU being ranked 12th I think, and the Huskies being unranked.

Guys, Michigan =/= OSU. Just because they suck doesn't mean OSU does. I mean, Michigan has a horrible defense this year, OSU has an amazing one.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote