Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-01-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
MagnumGator
Veteran

MagnumGator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Who owns Lloyd Carr more?

Jim Tressel: 5-1 record, average score 29-23

Pete Carroll: 2-0 record, average score 30-16

"Honestly, we've played a lot better teams than them," Florida defensive end Jarvis Moss said. "I could name four or five teams in the SEC that could probably compete with them and play the same type of game we did against them."
MagnumGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

now that this happened I am completley sure that gators will lose badly on Jan. 8, so I suggest you dont rub it in right now

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

gotta be tressell

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

Carroll provided more of an embarrassment though...Michigan lost any bragging rights they thought they still had

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Bengalman999

Carrol's played him twice and Tressel plays him every year and beats him
Old 01-01-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we just fire him??????
Old 01-01-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

I get a kick out of all these Michigan fans wanting to all but stone Lloyd Carr for losing but when they thought Michigan was going to the NC game they were riding high on him

Old 01-01-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
I get a kick out of all these Michigan fans wanting to all but stone Lloyd Carr for losing but when they thought Michigan was going to the NC game they were riding high on him
Because we thought he changed... Which seems to not be true.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

He's not allowed to lose a bowl game? He still had a damn good season

Old 01-01-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He has lost 3 in a row now and 3 in a row against Ohio St.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
...and got embarrassed by a worse team...

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

Nope, Michigan was just overrated more than people thought. When USC comes to play I believe they are the best team in the country. The problem is they always don't come to play.

The game wasn't even close...USC could have kicked a field goal at the end but chose too run out the clock instead and the only reason Michigan got their TD in the 4th quarter was because SC put their 2nd string defense in.

I don't mean to stir the pot, but when I see SC play a great game and people from Michigan try to diminish what they accomplished by making excuses for Michigan that irratates me

Old 01-01-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

oh yeah, and who was that person who doubted me about USC being able to shut down Hart?

Old 01-01-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
snuff

USC isn't that great... They have no run game... tOSU would handle them, Michigan should of played them closer.

Once Michigan finallly figured out how to slow down that pass rush they picked USC apart, and same thing for USC.

In my opinion they are almost identical teams with Michigan having a better running game.

Must say that USC's defense matches up perfectly with Michigan's zone blocking which I mentioned earlier worried me.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

apparently Michigan didn't have a better run game in the game....Hart was really a non-factor. I agree, USC needs more of a run game but that will change next year.

believe, michigan played like they wanted to win...losing that game was a huge blow for their championship campaign.

i believe USC could hang with Ohio State..I know tOSU didnt hold Michigan to a field goal going into half time!

Old 01-01-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Tressel obviously
Old 01-01-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera
Jim Tressel obviously
easily Tressel gets him every year, Michigan just didnt come to play today

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Bucky
Rookie

Bucky hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I vote both and whatever coach Michigan plays in a bowl

mad props to Tobzilla for the sig
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Carroll provided more of an embarrassment though...Michigan lost any bragging rights they thought they still had
5-1 in the last six years to Ohio State is much more unacceptable and most likely more embarassing to Michigan fans.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy555
Quote:
Dont be ignorant,USC had the same talent level Michigan did on the field just more inexperienced.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy555
Quote:
Dont be ignorant,USC had the same talent level Michigan did on the field just more inexperienced.
USC probably has the most talent from top to bottom then any other program in the nation.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:10 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the Rose Bowl, it seemed like I was watching the exact same game from 2004. You'd think Carr would have figured it out by now.

Michigan never made any adjustments against USC's blitz happy scheme. No three step drops. No quick passes. No screens. It seemed like they were trying to hit the home run ball on every play. As a result, Henne spent most of the game on his back, just like Navarre did.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan always brings more intensity to the Ohio State game than the USC game.......and Pete has never beaten Carr in Ann Arbor, only in Los Angeles (pasadena, same thing)
Old 01-03-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Pete Carroll does as the statistics point towards it. I think Lloyd Carr might need to go as a Michigan coach.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
Michigan always brings more intensity to the Ohio State game than the USC game.......and Pete has never beaten Carr in Ann Arbor, only in Los Angeles (pasadena, same thing)
Exactly, when Pete Carroll proves he doesn't need a "home game" to beat Michigan then we can talk about him owning Carr. But as of now, Tressell owns Carr.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote