Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-10-2007, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Week 1: Pats vs. Jets

What an absolute beatdown. There was not a single point in that game that I was even remotely worried about losing. More annoyed than anything. Belichick/McDaniel and their play calling still drives me nuts, but what can you do. At least we got the win and I got one bomb from Brady to Moss.

So observations from the game:

-Randy Moss + Tom Brady ='s UNSTOPPABLE. This is going to be a treat. We are in for a very special year because of those two.

-As much as it annoyed me, I think Belichick kept running the ball through the middle for... practice. Yes, practice, in a live game setting against a division rival. It's obviously something they need to work on, and what better opportunity are they going to get? I know he'll sit on a 3 point lead in the first quarter and try to kill the clock, but he won't be able to do that if he can't get better run blocking. That drive in the beginning of the fourth quarter was so boring and predictable but I guess it's what we're used to.

-Tom Brady looked like a kid in candy store, just standing there saying "oooh which one do I want, oh this one!" I thought the offense they ran was very conservative and other than the Randy Moss TD, didn't really give Brady the best chance to really play with his new toys. Case in point: Dante Stallworth. Couldn't they have gotten him like... more than one catch? Brady only threw the ball 28 times. Considering they put up 38 points, that is pretty impressive.

-Who was right there with me saying to themselves "What are you doing Ellis.... OH **** GO!!" I can't even believe he took that ball out of the end zone but I guess that's why we want the ball in his hands.

-Defense was adequate. Nothing special. Adalius dropped a perfectly passed ball right into his mitts. Asante needs to shake the rust fast. Didn't hear Wilson or Sanders name much, which is probably a good thing. Front three did a great job getting to Pennington against an OLine that is decent. It's very clear that they still thrive against the rush. It'll be interesting to see what they can do against the San Demis Tomlinsons next week.

And last but not least:

-I may have given the Jets too much credit in the offseason. They are bad. Does Jonathan Vilma even play for that team any more? I don't think I heard his name once yesterday. That game would have been a 60 point blowout if we ran an offense like the Colts and weren't interested in clock management.

I couldn't help but laugh about the Jets fans in their section that were actually trying to convince themselves that they were close to, if not better than the Patriots. Their RB's, WR's and OL were better. Thomas Jones was all they were missing. Other than his one carry for 12 yards, he was 13-30 without Big Sey and Rodney. Meanwhile, the immortal Sammy Morris looked like the better pickup out of the two. The Jets OLine nearly got Pennington's knee blown out. I couldn't resist patting my back on that one. Of course, it was probably "only one game," but considering how that thread went down, there is absolutely no way I could let it slide hahahaha.

Next week, the preseason ends and the real season begins.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

So I hear you guys are going to lose some draft picks
Old 09-11-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

So I hear trolling other team forums is against the rules...
Old 09-12-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

against the rules? isnt stealing a teams defensive signals (to prevent a good blitzing defense from getting to a wus of a QB who cries anytime someone breathes on him) against the rules....What do you think Roger?

Mr Goodell: I agree. Im bringing the hammer down.

You guys won and probably would have even if you didnt steal signals you prob win 6 or 7 outta 10 against these jets but the Pats cheated so even though they were capable of beating us which seemed aparent Belichick and the Patriots had to spy bc they were SCARED.

Official standings

NEW ENGLAND: 1-0*
NEW YORK: 0-1
BUFFALO: 0-1
MIAMI: 0-1

As fans its not your fault this happened. Youve done nothing wrong to merit criticism (unless you support this)...you have a great team but the front office and head coaching staff of the team you support opened pandoras box as to how many times the team has gained an unfair advantage in the past. You as fans should at the very least be dissapointed in them for doing so. Other than that root for your team that shouldn't need to cheat bc they are well coached and stacked and seems as though they can win a lot of games. Unless they can't do that without espionage. Also ESPN is reporting the league is looking into the fact that the Pats may have tapped the Jets Audio feed and been listening to the conversations over the headphones.

Pressure Stats on Brady:
11/9/06 VS PACKERS (cameraman caught filming defensive signals of opposing team)
Hurried:1
Knocked Down:1
Sacked: 0

9/9/07 VS JETS: (same cameraman caught filming defensive signals of opposing team)
Hurried:1
Knocked Down:1
Sacked: 0

sometimes the circumstantial stuff is more telling than hard evidence. That is unless you have a tape of a team cheating....Oh Wait.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 09-12-2007 at 12:34 AM.
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Next week, the preseason ends and the real season begins.
Ahh. As in the season without using cameras to steal team's signals.

You tone is waaaayy to smug for a team that just got caught cheating.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Complain in your own team forums. This, is for Patriot fans. Or for anyone who wants to have a productive conversation.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Prime Time
Rookie

Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.

Hahahaha bye bye to the draft picks, I love how the first guy is just bashing the jets and saying it was a "practice game". Lmaoo maybe it was because you knew there plays? Ya i know its a shock but hey you'll get the credit of a good win when you win the right away, and ill say it one more time, maybe if you guys win 1 more superbowl by more then a field goal u will be considered a dynasty. Good luck with all of that pats fans.

Prime Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
Hahahaha bye bye to the draft picks, I love how the first guy is just bashing the jets and saying it was a "practice game". Lmaoo maybe it was because you knew there plays? Ya i know its a shock but hey you'll get the credit of a good win when you win the right away, and ill say it one more time, maybe if you guys win 1 more superbowl by more then a field goal u will be considered a dynasty. Good luck with all of that pats fans.
******, the signs were going to be used for the next game. If youre gonna talk **** do it right. We aren't gonna lose picks either, and why don't you worry about your own dog **** team that pretty much blows and can't beat the Cardinals...

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just ignore him, when were getting a top ten draft pick from his team and they take away our other firts round draft pick which will be 32, well be the laughing at what a troll he is. so it all works out in the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
Were you even born for any of the Super Bowls besides the 49ers win over San Diego in 1995? If not then shut your mouth. Maybe you should worry more about how your offense struggled against the Arizona defense than worry about an issue of the Patriots. Oh and by the way thanks for that extra pick in the 1st Round.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

I've come to the startling realization that it pretty much doesn't matter what any of us say at this point. It doesn't matter how much we say the Pats are wrong, how much we agree that they should be punished. None of it matters. I've asked myself for a long time why I even post here any more, why even care about what a bunch of 15 year olds think. I think this is really the icing on the cake. It's pretty ridiculous when it's OK to make completely unfounded accusations because of one situation and then be told that "stealing signs isn't against the rules, video taping them is." Maybe I shouldn't quote since I am paraphrasing, but I digress.

Unfortunately, I don't see this board ever changing. It's always going to be a bunch of homers running around calling each other homers, twisting **** to make their situation sound better, crying about the haves when they are the have nots, and generally running around and being hypocrites. And when someone gets called on it, it's always going to be "no way, not me." Everyone is guilty of it, myself included at times.

Get ready Patriot fans. We are officially the Cowboys of the 21st century. The team everyone loves to hate. Why? Because we're that damn good. And it has nothing to do with video taping signals or anything like that, it has to do with taking the field and winning games. Say what you want, crack all the jokes, have your fun. It's all good.

This is going to be a great season. And I'll be enjoying it somewhere else.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

Bostonsportlova hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Prediction: Week 16 against the Jets. 63-0 pats.
Bostonsportlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

The Patriots are easily the best team I've ever seen in my life...Really no offense intended any thoughts on why they cheated/broke the rules? (whatever you want to call it) it is what it is.

I just wanted to see if you guys heard any explanation (non ESPN) or if you can think of something that makes sense, because I don't know why anyone that good would do that... Especially when your average win is like 45-14.

And Bostonsportlova: The score will be a lot closer than that. The Jets have been in every game this season and are a better team than their record indicates and they play the pats well...it'll be more like 45-21.

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 11-19-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
The Patriots are easily the best team I've ever seen in my life...Really no offense intended any thoughts on why they cheated/broke the rules? (whatever you want to call it) it is what it is.

I just wanted to see if you guys heard any explanation (non ESPN) or if you can think of something that makes sense, because I don't know why anyone that good would do that... Especially when your average win is like 45-14.

And Bostonsportlova: The score will be a lot closer than that. The Jets have been in every game this season and are a better team than their record indicates and they play the pats well...it'll be more like 45-21.

ya but the pats wont stop pouring the points on, and no way they score 21 against us
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

why would you say no way the Jets score 21 against the Pats if in fact you knew about the nature of the Patriots D. If there's a wekaness its the middle of their Defense and crossing routes. I think a lot of teams can put up 21 pts on the PATS d which is and has been shown to be vulnerable with a big play shell on the outside...its stoping the O from scoring 42 or 49. I don't know the score and I wouldn't venture a pick bc its a division game and it could go either way (by that I mean pats not scoring the 90 some people are predicting ) but the Jets always play the Patrits well enough to scare them for two to three minutes out of the 60 minutes played.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 12-02-2007 at 03:44 AM.