Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 11-13-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Pittsburgh lose to Arizona in Arizona this year? Steve Young said that the desert is where teams go to die. Detroit just flops on the road take it for what you will.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Detroit gave up 31 points last week and thats what is going to lose games. Yeah there were turn overs, but thats where your defense has to come in and get the stops on 3rd down. Giving up 25+ points is likely to be the norm during most of the next 7 games. That will be on the defense.
No.

The Lions turned the ball over (on offense) 5 times... whereas the defense forced 4 turnovers (1 INT, 3 FFs). I don't care how great your defense is... if you turn the ball over 5 times, there's a good chance that you'll lose. The defense played a solid game, but the Cards had great field position on most drives.

Did you watch the game? Apparently not. It wasn't the defense's fault... the offense failed miserably.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Didn't Pittsburgh lose to Arizona in Arizona this year? Steve Young said that the desert is where teams go to die. Detroit just flops on the road take it for what you will.
Dont the lions have a history have being bad on the road?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
No.

The Lions turned the ball over (on offense) 5 times... whereas the defense forced 4 turnovers (1 INT, 3 FFs). I don't care how great your defense is... if you turn the ball over 5 times, there's a good chance that you'll lose. The defense played a solid game, but the Cards had great field position on most drives.

Did you watch the game? Apparently not. It wasn't the defense's fault... the offense failed miserably.
I didnt see much of the game, so I really cant comment to much on it. Aparently detroit had -1 on turn overs though, thats not horrible. Regardless I fully expect to see a lot of points to be put up against detroit during the final stretch of the season. The giants are next, so we will see how the defense handles them. Detroit started out a 1 point favorite, but that already has changed to a 2 point underdog. Its expected that about 50 points will be scored in the game.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
I didnt see much of the game, so I really cant comment to much on it. Aparently detroit had -1 on turn overs though, thats not horrible. Regardless I fully expect to see a lot of points to be put up against detroit during the final stretch of the season. The giants are next, so we will see how the defense handles them. Detroit started out a 1 point favorite, but that already has changed to a 2 point underdog. Its expected that about 50 points will be scored in the game.
Yeah... Detroit had a -1 in turnovers. In other words, the offense turned the ball over 5 freaking times (and punted 4 times) and the defense still managed to get 4 takeaways. I repeat: the offense turned the ball over 5 (freaking) times and the defense still managed to get 4 takeaways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Detroit gave up 31 points last week and thats what is going to lose games.
Detroit gave up 31 points because they turned the ball over, not because the defense didn't perform. They gave the ball away 9 times... there were 9 situations where the offense failed to perform.

This is a great example of what I've been talking about through this thread. "Detroit has the worst PPG against in the division! The defense sucks!". When you look into it, you see something much different.

And, yes... you'll probably see a lot of points put up against us during the final stretch. Why? We face the Cowboys (2nd in the NFL in scoring), Packers (twice, 6th in the NFL in scoring), Giants (8th in the NFL in scoring) and the Chargers (10th in the NFL in scoring). I wont think less of the defense for giving up points against these teams... but, if the D can manage to continue to create turnovers, it'll say a lot.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I guess when you are a Lions fan, you learn to celebrate mediocrity.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Well, I guess when you are a Lions fan, you learn to celebrate mediocrity.
Wow... pointless... has nothing to do with the post. Good one, though... you'll probably get a good laugh from the other Vikes/Bears/Packers' fans on the board. Just a shame that you can't give a real response.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow... pointless... has nothing to do with the post. Good one, though... you'll probably get a good laugh from the other Vikes/Bears/Packers' fans on the board. Just a shame that you can't give a real response.
What, like the ones we have all been making for 5 pages? The ones that you continuously ignore? Those real responses? You claiming turnovers nullify the points given up(or even funnier, if you throw out certain games) are not worthy of any more real responses.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What, like the ones we have all been making for 5 pages? The ones that you continuously ignore? Those real responses? You claiming turnovers nullify the points given up(or even funnier, if you throw out certain games) are not worthy of any more real responses.
It's totally pointless. The funny thing is that he plays it off as if the Bears/Packers/Vikings fans have an anti-Lions agenda when it's really just everyone recognizing his ****** arguments for what they are. I mean...to unite those three fans over anything is a remarkable feat in itself.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've ignored nothing. A few stats don't tell everything about a team. "The Lions gave up 31 points!" Yeah... and turned the ball over 5 times.

I never said that turnovers nullify the points given up... once again, nice job of putting words in my mouth (or words on my posts... or something). They don't nullify anything... but they're important to consider when evaluating a defense.

Never mind. I guess the concept is just too confusing to some.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It's totally pointless. The funny thing is that he plays it off as if the Bears/Packers/Vikings fans have an anti-Lions agenda when it's really just everyone recognizing his ****** arguments for what they are. I mean...to unite those three fans over anything is a remarkable feat in itself.
No kidding, he thinks that we even CARE about the Lions. They have been the league whipping boy for so long that I am happy they are doing good. Once a decade is good for a team. It is like anyone with the Bucks or Brewers, they should just be happy for us that we have a decent team.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Dont the lions have a history have being bad on the road?
No, the Lions have a history of being bad anywhere.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
No, the Lions have a history of being bad anywhere.
1-8

Bulger's contract 60 million

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1-8

Bulger's contract 60 million
1-8 and coming back and it was 65 million.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
1-8 and coming back and it was 65 million.
Touche my friend.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Touche my friend.
Me, u, shower right now. Don't tell Xiomera.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Me, u, shower right now. Don't tell Xiomera.
Xio and me have somethign to tell you...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Xio and me have somethign to tell you...
What? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Two Lions and a Ram.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Two Lions and a Ram.
Sounds like a painful bedroom.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
We're probably the only division that has three very good defenses but the Lions defense is so god awful that collectively I just don't know. The AFC East, for example, doesn't have any weak defenses. The Jets are the weakest of the four and they're nowhere near as bad as the Lions.
Points Per Game (Allowed)
Lions - 24 PPG (24th in NFL)
Jets - 25.3 PPG (27th in NFL)

Yards Per Game (Against)
Lions - 354.7 YPG (26th in NFL)
Jets - 380.2 YPG (30th in NFL)

3rd Down %
Lions - 47% (29th in NFL)
Jets - 48% (32nd in NFL)

Interceptions
Lions - 15 (2nd in NFL)
Jets - 7 (T-23rd in NFL)
Old 11-13-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Points Per Game (Allowed)
Lions - 24 PPG (24th in NFL)
Jets - 25.3 PPG (27th in NFL)

Yards Per Game (Against)
Lions - 354.7 YPG (26th in NFL)
Jets - 380.2 YPG (30th in NFL)

3rd Down %
Lions - 47% (29th in NFL)
Jets - 48% (32nd in NFL)

Interceptions
Lions - 15 (2nd in NFL)
Jets - 7 (T-23rd in NFL)
It's too bad that those stats are misleading and don't mean anything.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
It's too bad that those stats are misleading and don't mean anything.
FINALLY! Someone else that sees things my way.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
FINALLY! Someone else that sees things my way.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You did not sense his sarcasm?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You did not sense his sarcasm?
You didn't sense mine?

Wow... and you laughed.