Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 11-13-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way too bring up something I said two months ago that everyone has already recognized was off the mark.

Really scrapping the bottom of the barrel here.

And nobody buys that you got that. Nobody buys basically anything you say in case you haven't noticed.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:29 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Way too bring up something I said two months ago that everyone has already recognized was off the mark.

Really scrapping the bottom of the barrel here.

And nobody buys that you got that. Nobody buys basically anything you say in case you haven't noticed.
Yep... off the mark... and it wasn't just that one quote. Quite a few of them, actually.

Apparently, they should see through your exaggerated ********. You make bold claims time and time again... but, when they're given back to you, use the "I said it before" excuse, as if it justifies your ignorance.

Tired of inserting foot in mouth? Stop making outrageous statements.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Says the man who said the Lions are a top 10 defense.

It wasn't that outrageous to say that the Lions were a terrible defense 2 months ago. Hell it's not that outrageous now, just a bit overstated.

The rest of your dribble I'm not even responding to...I've said before that you're not worth my time and it seems that others are realizing that as well.

In fact, I just realized there is an ignore function here. I'll be putting that to good use.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Actually, I said that the Lions are performing like a top 10 defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion
If you look past stats and actually look at games and performances, the Lions' defense is performing like a top 10 defense.
On paper, the Lions' defense is below average. We have a horrible secondary, holes at SLB and MLB and a solid DLine... when healthy (which is rare). But... they've scored 2 TDs and their turnovers have led to 94 offensive points. In other words: the Lions' defense alone has scored or created more points than the 49ers offense. They are also tied for 3rd in the NFL with 26 sacks.

What's more? The Lions' offense is 30th in the NFL in 3rd Down Conversion % (32%), is tied for 3rd in the NFL with fumbles lost (11) and is tied for 12th in the NFL with interceptions thrown (10). Looking at those stats, it's incredible that the Lions' defense only "gives up 24 PPG".

Yes... performing like one, not is one. Good try, though.

Last edited by TacticaLion : 11-14-2007 at 01:47 PM.
TacticaLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It wasn't that outrageous to say that the Lions were a terrible defense 2 months ago. Hell it's not that outrageous now, just a bit overstated.

The rest of your dribble I'm not even responding to...I've said before that you're not worth my time and it seems that others are realizing that as well.

In fact, I just realized there is an ignore function here. I'll be putting that to good use.
it took you nearly three years to figure that out?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
it took you nearly three years to figure that out?
You have to forgive him, he is a bears fan, they aren't the brightest people.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
You have to forgive him, he is a bears fan, they aren't the brightest people.
that's true. It's the wind I suppose.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Man this Lions defense is awesome.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Back to back games of 37+. Going for 3 straight next week against Dallas.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Dude don't throw your crazy stats at me. Pssh...points allowed?

The Lions defense is awesome, anyone that's not a total dumbass knows that.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Thread is Hilarious!
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Back to back games of 37+. Going for 3 straight next week against Dallas.
Everyone saw this comming.

Last edited by Football Fan : 12-03-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:11 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah... and the Bears are a top 10 football team. You probably thought that at one time, huh? Oh the ignorance.

If Jackson can control the ball and not make stupid mistakes, the Vikings will be a great team (barring injuries, of course). They've got the OLine, the RBs and the defense... and are finally bringing it all together.

Yeah... and the Packers. Enough said. We play the Cowboys... yep... we'll give up some points. But, at the time I made that argument, our defense was making a ton of plays and winning games for us. Their play was overshadowed by a few misleading stats.

*Oh yeah... and the Bears are still last in the NFC North. The Vikes have an easy schedule to end the season and the Pack will win a few more. 3rd in the NFC North? Wow... what a football team. I guess I was right when I said they were overrated...

Last edited by TacticaLion : 12-08-2007 at 04:24 AM.
TacticaLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
Yeah... and the Bears are a top 10 football team. You probably thought that at one time, huh? Oh the ignorance.

If Jackson can control the ball and not make stupid mistakes, the Vikings will be a great team (barring injuries, of course). They've got the OLine, the RBs and the defense... and are finally bringing it all together.

Yeah... and the Packers. Enough said. We play the Cowboys... yep... we'll give up some points. But, at the time I made that argument, our defense was making a ton of plays and winning games for us. Their play was overshadowed by a few misleading stats.

*Oh yeah... and the Bears are still last in the NFC North. The Vikes have an easy schedule to end the season and the Pack will win a few more. 3rd in the NFC North? Wow... what a football team. I guess I was right when I said they were overrated...
Stop qualifying things and making stupid excuses. You're a homer and you're constantly wrong. At least have the sack to admit it. The Lions defense sucks. It sucks. So just say "yes the Lions suck, I was wrong. I thought we were going to win 10 games, we'll now be lucky to win 7. We've lost a ridiculous amount of games in a row because we couldn't beat a good/healthy team if our life depended on it. We still suck. We'll always suck. That's why we are the Lions." I admitted I was wrong about the Bears a long time ago, they've clearly been a massive dissapointment.

So, for those that are keeping track at home, until further notice.

Bearsfan_51 = 1 nutsack
Tactica = NO nutsack

Old 12-08-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Stop qualifying things and making stupid excuses. You're a homer and you're constantly wrong. At least have the sack to admit it. The Lions defense sucks. It sucks. So just say "yes the Lions suck, I was wrong. I thought we were going to win 10 games, we'll now be lucky to win 7. We've lost a ridiculous amount of games in a row because we couldn't beat a good/healthy team if our life depended on it. We still suck. We'll always suck. That's why we are the Lions." I admitted I was wrong about the Bears a long time ago, they've clearly been a massive dissapointment.

So, for those that are keeping track at home, until further notice.

Bearsfan_51 = 1 nutsack
Tactica = NO nutsack
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...

It's much easier to admit that the Bears are a massive disappointment (it's just obvious... watch a game) than admitting that the Lions will always suck (because everyone gets lucky eventually... yes, even the Lions will). I need better terms to earn my nutsack...

I will admit that we can't beat a healthy team (and lost to a few teams with health issues)... but health is a part of the NFL. I can't control that Redding wanted to take a nap on Cutler's leg... Redding is a big, mean man and Cutler (and his short bus disposition) had it coming. Either way, yes... we can't beat a healthy team.

When I was making an argument for the Lions' defense, they were playing at a very high level. They were making a ton of plays and we actually won games because of it. A few stats didn't tell the story accurately, and I hate when people make statements with only those stats in mind. But, now? Nah. Rogers ran outta gas, the secondary has always been horrible and we have one player in our starting LB group that deserves to start. Unless they do something drastic, I can admit: the Lions defense is a bad NFL defense. It doesn't help that they spend the entire game on the field, but we really lack talent.

At one point in time, I thought the Lions COULD win 10 games. I thought, realistically, they'd win 9... but it seems I was also off the mark there. If they win 7, I'm happy. Hell... just stay at 6, Lions... what's the best case scenario: make the playoffs just to lose in the Super Bowl? **** that. I'd rather have a top 10 pick than a "I Made It To The Super Bowl And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt" door prize.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At one point in time, I thought the Lions COULD win 10 games. I thought, realistically, they'd win 9... but it seems I was also off the mark there. If they win 7, I'm happy. Hell... just stay at 6, Lions... what's the best case scenario: make the playoffs just to lose in the Super Bowl? **** that. I'd rather have a top 10 pick than a "I Made It To The Super Bowl And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt" door prize.
I guess that's what being a Lions fan does to you.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I guess that's what being a Lions fan does to you.
To be fair, the Lions have never been to the Superbowl so he has no idea what that feels like.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:36 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...

It's much easier to admit that the Bears are a massive disappointment (it's just obvious... watch a game) than admitting that the Lions will always suck (because everyone gets lucky eventually... yes, even the Lions will). I need better terms to earn my nutsack...
That is like saying even the Cubs will get lucky and win a World Series, both teams are just doomed to perpetual failure.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie

singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings are looking very good. Their pass defense has been underrated for 2, 3 years now. Check the defensive stats, not exactly P. Manning there other than attempts.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min2007.htm
Old 12-10-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What? The Vikes pass defense stunk last year, it was pathetic and maybe the worst in the league.

It's gotten better this season, thanks to replacing the overrated Mike Tomlin (btw better job against Brady yesterday guy) with the superior defensive coordinator in Leslie Frazier. It still has much more room to improve, however. Actually having a consistent pass rusher worth a darn would be a great start.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh im not really sure it's gotten better this year. The pass D is allowing opposing QB's to have a higher completetion percentage and more yards per attempt it has also already allowed more passing TD's

2006 Pass Defense

CMP:355 ATT:598 CMP%:59.4% Yards:4015 YPA:6.71 TD:15 INT:21

2007 Pass Defense(3 games to go)

CMP:345 ATT:542 CMP%:63.1% Yards:3800 YPA:7.01 TD:17 INT:15

Granted, as of recently the pass defense has gotten A LOT better but early in the season it was much worse than 2006 version. Although I should also mention our weakness wasn't exposed until week 8 in 2006.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man, this thread is probably with the Jordyzzz Nelsonzzz thread one of the funniest Threads ive ever seen.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The NFC East? Is that a ******* joke?
The NFC East had all 4 teams rank in the top 10 on defense. The answer to this question is the NFC East, and its not even close.

Giants ranked 7, followed by Washington at 8, followed by Dallas at 9, and Philly at 10.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh crap, i didn't realize how old this thread was....
Old 03-08-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The NFC East had all 4 teams rank in the top 10 on defense. The answer to this question is the NFC East, and its not even close.

Giants ranked 7, followed by Washington at 8, followed by Dallas at 9, and Philly at 10.
I don't care what the numbers say, Dallas is not a top 10 defense. The other three are questionable, but none of them are really intimidating in the least.