Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-17-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kevin Durant vs. Greg Oden

Seems to be the popular subject today on ESPN. Who would you rather have? My take on the 2 players:

Kevin Durant = AK47 with a much better overall offensive game
Greg Oden = David Robinson, alot less offense skills.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Durant = Rashard Lewis

Greg Oden = David Robinson

I love both players but I'd take Oden. Hes just amazing to watch and I cant wait to see him in the NBA. He plays the more important position and hed instantly be top 5 C in the league.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

WOW... this is a toughie ill have to really think about that, Remember right now greg oden is playing on his left hand and cant play on his right just imagine how good he'll be once he gets that right hand back... Kevin Durant is an absolute BEAST who can do everything however there are people like Tmac, Gerald Green that scare me into thinking Durant wont meet expectations... Oden is almost a sure thing to do well, for now im going with Oden even tho i love what im seeing out of Kevin Durant
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink

Durant. clutch player. Can do it all. score on anyone and can play anywhere. Once he realized he was a 6'9 post player and stopped settling for 3's he became a great player, he honestly reminds me of what melos did at 'cuse. And no its not the orange jerseys.
Plus oden is overrated. Good but overrated.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Durant in the college game; easily.

Down the road upside; Greg Oden.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS42
Durant. clutch player. Can do it all. score on anyone and can play anywhere. Once he realized he was a 6'9 post player and stopped settling for 3's he became a great player, he honestly reminds me of what melos did at 'cuse. And no its not the orange jerseys.
I dont know if your saying Durants impact will be the same as Melos or they play the same way, but both would be false statements. Durant will not lead Texas to the NC his first year like Melo did. Also him and Melo have completely different playing styles. He also belongs nowhere near the paint until he puts on about 40 lbs of muscle. Durant has all the potential in hte world but more times than not that potential burns out (Darius miles etc...) I do see him as being an allstar some day though. But I just see Oden being an Elite Center for many many years..
Old 01-17-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darius Miles was a knuckle head, so I would go that far. I think Durant when he hits his physical potential, I see him at 6-10 240. A wing player or a PF, with stupidly great versatility. Now saying that, I would take Oden for the fact It's alot harder to find a big man with the defensive ability, physical attributes and athleticism that he has.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

as an nba prospect Oden. and from the looks of things is Oden staying one more year? or no? I thought I heard it mentioned somewhere could have been at a local diner for all i recall
Old 01-17-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
I dont know if your saying Durants impact will be the same as Melos or they play the same way, but both would be false statements. Durant will not lead Texas to the NC his first year like Melo did. Also him and Melo have completely different playing styles. He also belongs nowhere near the paint until he puts on about 40 lbs of muscle. Durant has all the potential in hte world but more times than not that potential burns out (Darius miles etc...) I do see him as being an allstar some day though. But I just see Oden being an Elite Center for many many years..
Oden dissapears when he plays big front lines, or Hansbrough. Tyler dropped 38 on oden and had 15 :shock: blocks.
And im saying the impact is the same, not the styles. but the where the were ranked now and where cuse was this time that year. Im just sayingt they could be primed for a long run in NCAA's.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education
as an nba prospect Oden. and from the looks of things is Oden staying one more year? or no? I thought I heard it mentioned somewhere could have been at a local diner for all i recall
Ive heard he wants the full college expierence (4 years) But that would be the stupidest thing ever. Where hes at now he will be a multi millionaire this time next year if he goes for year 2 he could make a big mistake.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive been loving durant lately, has the post game and the three game working, plus he wants the ball in his hands. oden has great size and has been using his left. his first game using the right he did well, even though tennesee doesnt really do good against big men, only time will tell
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Durant, and if it wasn't for the complete lack of quality Centers in the sport of basketball, I'd probably take him. But I'll take Oden.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
MIZZOU

you really can't overlook the fact that Oden has been playing with his off hand. I hate the way he plays though, he just looks like he's having no fun whatsoever. Durant has been absolutely amazing, I don't think theres anybody in the league you can favorably compare him too...but I think Oden has the bigger upside, and can't wait to see the impact he makes with a right hand.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Oden looks like a scruffy lebron and thats while ill take him? lol
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:02 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Someone else besides me with the Rashard Lewis comparison for Durant. Nice. And that's who I'd compare him to in every facet except for athleticism. If Durant can develop that real killer instinct (through defense or just aggressive play), no matter what kind of Center Oden could be, I'd take Durant. But as it stands, it's Oden by a mile.

Quote:
Oden dissapears when he plays big front lines, or Hansbrough. Tyler dropped 38 on oden and had 15 :shock: blocks.
And im saying the impact is the same, not the styles. but the where the were ranked now and where cuse was this time that year. Im just sayingt they could be primed for a long run in NCAA's.
This is a very good point. Oden was absolutely nowhere to be found in that game against UNC.

...Oh wait. He wasn't playing because he was scheduled to come back in a month (though came back in a week). As for big front lines, well, I'd disagree. He doesn't disappear at all. He just gets tired, and knows that he can't do everything he wants to do due to the fact that he's their only legitimate post player and has to conserve his fouls. Against Florida, he played the best 4/5 combo in the nation in a fast-paced, high tempo game. And in the Big Ten play, he hasn't disappeared in the slightest. The physicality, as he's stated, has been new to him, and he has played some solid, deep fronts, but still has managed to look good. Not really sure where you got any of that from.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:51 AM    (permalink
ncbigbody
Veteran

ncbigbody hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Kevin Durant = Rashard Lewis

Greg Oden = David Robinson

I love both players but I'd take Oden. Hes just amazing to watch and I cant wait to see him in the NBA. He plays the more important position and hed instantly be top 5 C in the league.
To compare Durant to Rashard Lewis isnt bad, I think durant can be a much better pro than Lewis though. I compare him to Kevin Garnett with more range and more athleticism, but not the post game KG has.

I dont think you can really compare the 2. I believe they will both be NBA all-stars. At the college level It's gotta be Durant, you need someone who can completely take over the game, and thats what Durant does.

In the NBA however you cant find Centers falling from trees.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan
ncbigbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:25 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
Wow. Someone else besides me with the Rashard Lewis comparison for Durant. Nice. And that's who I'd compare him to in every facet except for athleticism. If Durant can develop that real killer instinct (through defense or just aggressive play), no matter what kind of Center Oden could be, I'd take Durant. But as it stands, it's Oden by a mile.

Quote:
This is a very good point. Oden was absolutely nowhere to be found in that game against UNC.

...Oh wait. He wasn't playing because he was scheduled to come back in a month (though came back in a week). As for big front lines, well, I'd disagree. He doesn't disappear at all. He just gets tired, and knows that he can't do everything he wants to do due to the fact that he's their only legitimate post player and has to conserve his fouls. Against Florida, he played the best 4/5 combo in the nation in a fast-paced, high tempo game. And in the Big Ten play, he hasn't disappeared in the slightest. The physicality, as he's stated, has been new to him, and he has played some solid, deep fronts, but still has managed to look good. Not really sure where you got any of that from.
I meant in high school when Hans played oden.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:28 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Before the season would have started I would have said Oden without a doubt.... but now im saying Durant... Come on Sixers keep losing so you can get this kid.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:30 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oden has more upside. There are VERY few good centers, and only a couple of great ones.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:07 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love either, but I would want Greg Oden.
But as a Celtics fan....I'll take either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:31 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the problem I have with Oden now is he defers, and doesn't demand the ball. Using his left hand certainly hurts, but he should still want the ball. He just kind of gets sloppy position in the paint and waits for someone to pass him the ball, and if not...thats ok. Durant takes the ball in the clutch and plays with passion.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Ah. Well then I don't really think bringing it up is all too applicable at all, considering that was HS. But seriously, we'll see what these two are really made of in the tournament.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:44 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Ah. Well then I don't really think bringing it up is all too applicable at all, considering that was HS. But seriously, we'll see what these two are really made of in the tournament.
I think 15 blocks and 35+ points is prtty applicable.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

hopefully greg will be a celtic
Old 01-18-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if anyone goes to college it can only make them better such as Gerald Green, Darius Miles so u can compare them all u want cause Darius had Durant's potential outta high school maybe even better Darius would have benefited greatly from going to St. Johns with Omar Cook
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote