Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-18-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Donn Harvey

I'll take Chase Budinger....

oh wait.. we have him already. :D
Old 01-18-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In college i'll take Durant, but it's easily oden in the NBA

Durant will have to add 20+ pounds of muscle, and if he wants to add the post game to his repetoire than it's more like 35+.

Oden's worst case scenario in the NBA would be Ben Wallace. If he stopped getting coached and developing he could still be that good.

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NBA version of NFLDC, just no forums.

http://www.nbadraft.net/
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think both are great players, but I think that Oden is going #1.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say Durant.Most players averages drop in conferance play but he's averaging ungodly numbers
Old 01-18-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope people start realizing it cause everyone bashed me last year when he was in high school and I said he wasn't God, I still think he's an amazing prospect and would go in the top 3 picks next year but I just think it was so funny how everyone was calling him the greatest just by seeing some highlight reels. Like I said last year those same weaknesses are still there, his offensive game is raw at best and he gets pushed out of the way by bigger defenders just as guys in high school like Derrick Character owned him, Oden has potential to be a 15+12+3 guy in the NBA but right now he is far from it moreso in the scoring department, if he were in the NBA right now he would probably average around 4 points a game. All his scoring in high school was too easy for him and was mostly dunks on weaker kids.

As for Durant I love him and he has sick potential I hate the Ak47 comparison because he is 100x better on offense and a way different style but isn't even close to Kirilenko on defense, he needs work in terms of bulking up but he has potential to be a real star, only problem is he has a smaller case Rudy G@yitis or Kwameitis in that he doesn't always play with that killer instinct.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Durant is by far a better basketball player right now. Oden has more potential becasue of size down the road. But I do beleive Durant will be better by a lil
Old 01-18-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
Durant is by far a better basketball player right now. Oden has more potential becasue of size down the road. But I do beleive Durant will be better by a lil
IMO Durant has way more potential and is better right now, Oden is a bigger Emeka Okafor. I hate the David Robinson comparison Oden will never be a scorer like that.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THe only way Durant becomes better is if he puts on weight and plays PF. At SF his skills are nothing more special than Rashard Lewis' skills. Thats still allstar potential but not a god like some of you are saying. A guy with PF height that would get ate up in the paint in the NBA. Durant is listed at 6'10 180. If thats true he needs to make it to atleast 235-240 before he ever even thinks about entering the paint. Too me Durant is a great prospect but not the best in the draft.

Greg Oden on the other hand is one of those prospects that arent in the draft every year. Hes like the Lebron, Yao, or Dwight Howard. Someone I am just amazed with. The kid is played with his off hand most of his games so far even shooting FT's with it. He eats up the boards and stacks up crazy amounts of blocked shots. Of course hes raw but anyone in their first year of college is raw. Sure he doesnt have a huge skillset offensively but Dwight Howard didnt have a huge offensive skillset coming in the league. Hell he still dont. Greg Oden runs the court like no 7 fter ive ever seen. Amazing amazing prospect.

In the last 2 drafts Durant would have been the number 1 pick without a doubt in my mind. But he should not be selected before Oden. I couldnt think of a team in the league who could use Durant more than Oden.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul

:( they have us passing on joakim noah that site sucks
Old 01-18-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992
Quote:

I dont know which is your team but all 3 guys going before Noah are far and away better than him.

IM guessing your a boston fan. Wright >>>>>>Noah.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Brandon Wright>>>Noah
Old 01-18-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Anyone who drafts Noah in the top 20 is making a mistake.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
Quote:
Quote:

Brandon Wright>>>Noah
Yeah u posted before my edit i just said the same thing when I noticed he was from boston.

Wright is an animal like most prospects hes rail thin but i like the Kevin Garnett comparison.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Noah is so overrated

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
why if you see him play (like i do may times) hes aggresive which helps him get to the baskett...he can shoot mid range even sometimes 3 pointers... great rebounder espically offencive ones...and shares the ball.

hes not as good as greg oden but hes definately a top 5 pick
Old 01-18-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
why if you see him play (like i do may times) hes aggresive which helps him get to the baskett...he can shoot mid range even sometimes 3 pointers... great rebounder espically offencive ones...and shares the ball.

I'd take him in the top 10 easy. Ghetto just has a huge grudge on him
Old 01-18-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:

Id take him top 10. I think a guy on his team is better than he is (Horford)
Old 01-18-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

My top 10 from this class

1. Greg Oden
2. Kevin Durant
3. Branden Wright
4. Al Horford
5. Hasheem Thabeet
6. Thad Young
7. Joakim Noah
8 Julian Wright
9. Darrell Arthur
10. Yi Jianlin
Old 01-18-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oden.

Versatile Pfs are all the rage but...

1. They have a huge boom/bust factor
2. Too many elite PFs in the league (hence, tougher competition)

For Oden, there really aren't many great centers left... you have Shaq (who's aging), Yao Ming, D. Howard, Camby, and Amare (who is really a PF playing C).

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

But in the NBA today you don't need a dominant center anymore.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definently Kevin Durant. A bigger version of T-Mac.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink

Armon Bassett.

I'd take Durant as far as this season goes but Oden is still a better pro prospect.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
ncbigbody
Veteran

ncbigbody hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You guys need to stop saying he needs to bulk up to play PF. He will play SF in the NBA, all he needs is like 10-15 pounds of muscle, too much muscle would take away from his athleticism.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan
ncbigbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbigbody
You guys need to stop saying he needs to bulk up to play PF. He will play SF in the NBA, all he needs is like 10-15 pounds of muscle, too much muscle would take away from his athleticism.
Your avy makes me hungry.