Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-13-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation NFLDC Scavenger Hunt!

OK Gang! This is the first official Scavenger Hunt performed on NFLDC brought to you proudly by yours truly!

I have compiled a Scavenger Hunt list that you will be required to answer. Here's the twist. You cannot do this alone. If you would like to compete, you will have to submit to me a team comprised of 3 posters who you will work with. Once we have a good number of teams set up, I will release the first list. There are 20 items that you will have to address. Don't think this will be easy. There will be 2 rounds. Depending on the number of teams, I will take the top x number of teams to move on to Round 2. Round 1 will deal with NFLDC history. Round 2 will be a surprise.

PM me your teams. Each team must have a team captain. Team Captains are the only ones I will accept a PM from. You must also create a Team Name.

I will post them here in this first post. All are encouraged to play! May the best team win!

There will be a reward for the winning team!

This Scavenger Hunt will begin on Monday at 6PM EST. That is when I will release the list for Round 1.

The deadline to submit a team will be on Monday at 5PM EST.

6 Teams to advance to Round 2.

The Round 1 Scavenger Hunt List will be graded as follows:

1. Each correct answer will get 5 points.
2. I will deduct 2 points for every unanswered or wrong question.
3. Partially correct answers will receive 2 points.

First team to turn their card in will receive 16 bonus points. Second team will receive 15, third team will receive 14, and so on, until the last team has turned their answers in (and they will receive 1 bonus point). So the earlier you turn it in, the better.

Team Captains will be the only ones who can send me their answers without being penalized. If someone who is not designated as the captain turns in answers on behalf of the team, they will be marked down 5 points.

Duplicate answers from 2 or more people from the same team will also face a 5 point deduction.

No exchanging answers.

Post in this thread when you have submitted your answers.

DEADLINE FOR ROUND 1 IS WED 6PM EST.

Team #1: SuperChess#1
SuperKevin (Captain)
DChess
RyanLeaf#1

Team #2: The Holy Trinity
Xiomera (Captain)
Yodachu
Shiver
5th to turn in answers.

Team #3: Tribute to the Greatest Thread EVER
JJJ888 (Captain)
wingboy2999
EdReedUnstoppable
12th to turn in answers.

Team #4: Rutgers Walrus Bucket Saga
scottyboy (Captain)
fenikz
tubby
9th to turn in answers.

Team #5: Ballin'
gbpackers0065 (Captian)
RoyHall#1
Wo_ot088

Team #6: (Undecided)
Chucky (Captain)
TCU
24Cadillac24

Team #7: Sargent SuperSmooth featuring Captain Crusader Cool and Heir of Awesomeness
Man Of Steel (Captain)
Neko4
Mangini for Pres
3rd to turn in answers.

Team #8: Two Raiders and a Lion
Patriots-Lions (Captain)
stillaraidersfan
NobodyInParticular
1st to turn in answers.

Team #9: Comahan's Coalition; Operating from DA U!~ Since 2007
Comahan (King)
DraftGuru151 (Peasant)
Damix (Peasant)
2nd to turn in answers.

Team #10: Wiz Kids
Ghettosermon (Captain)
CCB
trkaline
11th to turn in answers.

Team #11: Badass Toby Keith
Steelers4Life (Captain)
princefielder28
JBond93
10th to turn in answers.

Team #12: Beer Nerds
Jughead10 (Captain)
Drowe
Giantsfan1080
8th to turn in answers.

Team #13: Triple Penetration
BuckNaked (Captain)
CutlerChris
ATLDirtyBirds
6th to turn in answers.

Team #14: Better than Sex
BrownsTown (captain)
HChu
Vince Lombardi
7th to turn in answers.

Team #15: ¡Three Amigos!
SuperMcgee (captain)
Jensen
Philliez01
4th to turn in answers.

Team #16: Journey
Familyguy555 Captain
Go_eagles77
BigDawg819

Round 1 Submissions:

1st) Team #8: Two Raiders and a Lion +16 pts
2nd) Team #9: Comahan's Coalition; Operating from DA U!~ Since 2007 +15 pts
3rd) Team #7: Sargent SuperSmooth featuring Captain Crusader Cool and Heir of Awesomeness +14 pts
4th) Team #15: ¡Three Amigos! +13 pts
5th) Team #2: The Holy Trinity +12 pts
6th) Team #13: Triple Penetration +11 pts
7th) Team #14: Better than Sex +10 pts
8th) Team #12: Beer Nerds +9 pts
9th) Team #4: Rutgers Walrus Bucket Saga +8 pts
10th) Team #11: Badass Toby Keith +7 pts
11th) Team #10: Wiz Kids +6 pts
12th) Team #3: Tribute to the Greatest Thread EVER +5 pts

ROUND 1 COMPLETE

Scavenger Hunt List: Round 1

1. What is the meaning of D-Unit? Dallas Unit
2. FutureScout was known for hyping up this college player? Reggie McNeal
3. Name 8 Banned members. Various
4. Creek has had many previous names. Give me at least 3 of them. creakeagles48, Creek Thee Sneak, Creak Lewis, Chris Mortenson, (another that's slipping my mind at the moment)
5. Who was on Toonsterwu's original sig? Walter Payton, Wali Lundy, Ahmad Brooks
6. In DJP's "Let's see You" threads, what was always on his shoulder? A Smurf
7. What was the cause of Ward's fake death? Bacterial Meningitis
8. Name the 2 posters that hit the 10,000 post mark at the same time? NIP and ERU
9. Name that former mod who's post count is below 2000. 4U2NV or Nerv
10. Find 5 sigs created by ChargerFanatic, Scar, or D-Unit. Various
11. What is the name of the banned poster that started his own site and dragged many NFLDC posters away? D-Hack
12. What is Keak's (the former poster, not the rapper) name in real life? D'Montae Fitzgerald
13. Name these former posters: MLI, SDP, ISF, FDK, IWB MyLostIntention, Saints Dome Patrol, I'm so fly, FlutiesDropKick, iworshipbender
14. Name this poster who was known for his fictional crush on Gwendolyn Cooper. Fred Savage
15. Which poster is Ward's brother? Dave
16. Name a poster that served in Iraq. SuperKevin
17. Ghetto received a Box of _________ on his front door. Fill in the blank. Roaches
18. Newkwhy had an amazing sig of this Florida State Seminole. Who was it? Myron Rolle
19. Who's nickname is "Sneezy"? HChu
20. Who is NFLDC's resident female poster? cardsalltheway or awfullyquiet

Round 1 Winners!

1st) Two Raiders and a Lion 83+16 bonus= 99 pts
2nd) The Holy Trinity 83+12 bonus= 95 pts
3rd) Comahan's Coalition; Operating from DA U!~ Since 2007 73+15 bonus= 88 pts
4th) Triple Penetration 76+11 bonus= 87 pts
5th) Better than Sex 77+10 bonus= 87 pts
6th) Beer Nerds 73+9 bonus = 82 pts

Round 1 Runner Ups

7th) ¡Three Amigos! 56+13 bonus= 69 pts
8th) Wiz Kids 25+6 bonus= 31 pts
9th) Tribute to the Greatest Thread EVER 17+5 bonus= 22 pts
10th) Badass Toby Keith 12+7 bonus= 19 pts
11th) Sgt SuperSmooth feat Captain Crusader Cool and Heir of Awesomeness -4+14 bonus= 10 pts
12th) Rutgers Walrus Bucket Saga -8+8 bonus = 0 pts

Disqualified:

Team #1: SuperChess#1

SuperKevin (Captain)
DChess
RyanLeaf#1

Team #5: Ballin'

gbpackers0065 (Captian)
RoyHall#1
Wo_ot088

Team #6: (Undecided)
Chucky (Captain)
TCU
24Cadillac24

Team #16: Journey
Familyguy555 Captain
Go_eagles77
BigDawg819

* There will be a one day time period for any disputes that may come from miscalculations *

ROUND 2 WILL BEGIN ON THURSDAY 6PM EST

Last edited by D-Unit : 09-19-2007 at 02:21 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im looking for someone to work on with this PM me
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like a good idea... still not in a team yet, pm me if you need someone

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Last edited by UKfan : 09-14-2007 at 02:36 PM.
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Firemikemartz.com, pinknipplefan, and yodachu are a team.

Last edited by yodabear : 09-13-2007 at 04:36 PM.
yodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking to do it... i PMed Neko and Man of Steel to see if they wanted in... i'll post here a bit later to let you know whats up
Old 09-13-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking for (sexual?) partners for this. PM me or AIM me (NASCAR Boy 24).

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PM me if you need partner

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DChess and I need a 3rd parter for our team
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if someone needs a partner talk to me. hopefully one will be the biggest rutgers homer of all time on NFLDC! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd do it, preferably with people I'm somewhat familiar with.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm teaming up with Chucky but we still need one more partner. PM Chucky or I if you are interested.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This better be a nice reward . . .
Old 09-13-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm down if anyone needs another person on the team (didn't want to say partner)

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's like a better version of Easter!

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if anyone needs someone else on a team im in
Old 09-13-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does it gotta be 3 member teams?

I have already created a Super-Alliance, and we need no third wheel.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
This better be a nice reward . . .
I'm thinking avatars, but I still need to get approval.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Why does it gotta be 3 member teams?

I have already created a Super-Alliance, and we need no third wheel.
can i be your unneeded third wheel?
Old 09-13-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry guys, I'm taken.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
can i be your unneeded third wheel?
Who r u again? And u may tell others about my unnamed partner and myself spying on others.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone can PM me if you need a team member
Old 09-13-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Who r u again?
the person in first place in ur fantasy league (even though i didn't set my lineup much like half the league) haha
Old 09-13-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Me and Man of Steel need another team member
Old 09-13-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
Me and Man of Steel need another team member
I'll do it if thats cool.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Me and my unnamed teammate are spying on all teams.