Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-20-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

"For me, he's the most complete player I've seen," said Richard Krajicek, the Dutchman who won here in 1996. "He reminds me of Pete Sampras, with a better backhand. With Sampras, I always had the feeling his backhand could fall apart."

Boris Becker, who won here in 1985, 1986 and 1989, said: "He doesn't really have a weakness. He's comfortable from the back of the court, he's comfortable at the net. And I think the other players have to learn from that."

John McEnroe, who won here in 1981, 1983 and 1984, said: "People think I'm kidding or that I'm just talking him up when I say he's the greatest talent of all time, but I believe that

I seen Feder DOMINATE Nadal, Blake, Roddick, Hewwitt

But i also seen Sampras dominate alot of players as well.

BJORN
Björn Borg, retired from professional tennis at 25 years and 4 months old and had already won 61 ATP events. Among those wins are 6 Major Grand Slam titles at Wimbledon on grass, 5 of them consecutive and 6 titles at Roland Garros on clay, 4 of those titles were consecutive, which is unanimously considered as the hardest surface to win in any Grand Slam!

Borg is the only player to have won in three consecutive years both Wimbledon and the French Open. An accomplishment considered by many experts as "the most difficult double in tennis". Besides that superb feat, Borg seriously handicapped his record because, unlike most top players of the last 25 years, Borg chose not to make the journey to the Australian Open, except only once in 1974 at 18 years old!