Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-15-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.
Default How to start out as a rap artist

Check out this myspace link. Couple of my buddies that jus got signed have acouple songs they did unproffesionally that got them signed, good luck guys and if you like there stuff get the word out.

Also anyone from the Ohio area that is looking to get noticed can send me some of their stuff and well see what can happen.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...id=184 833126
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't imagine there are a lot of aspiring rappers in Ohio...

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
Bone Thugs -N- Harmony from Ohio...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said aspiring...they already made it

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Lil Bow Wow is also from Ohio n theres plenty others....

With Akron, Cleveland, Columbus, Cinccy, Youngstown etcc theres plenty of people with dreams out there that jus need some confidence and direction.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I said aspiring...they already made it
They would've had to once been aspiring to make it...kind of how we were babies before we grew up...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
And whys that?
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he's confusing Ohio with Iowa.. I can't imagine there being a lot of aspiring rappers in Iowa.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Maybe he's confusing Ohio with Iowa.. I can't imagine there being a lot of aspiring rappers in Iowa.
You obviously haven't been to any freestyling joints in Des Moines then.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
You obviously haven't been to any freestyling joints in Des Moines then.
I figured everyone was too busy farming...

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

anyone actually check out the songs yet?
Old 09-15-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

checked it out...

sounded like crap...

closed the mozilla firefox window...

downloaded some Kenny Rogers on Itunes...

now that guy can rap!
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This kind of looked like "rapist" out of the corner of my eye. Funny.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

theres a suprisingly lot of "aspiring" rappers n djs from wisconsin, but probaly 90% move to chicago or moved from chicago. but DJ Rozz was from a city thats less than 15 miles away from me which is pretty sweet. but your prolly never gonna hear someone rap about corn n milk haha
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how the hell did he get a song signed that was stupid, it was just a lot of cussing, the lyrics where horrible, it didnt sound much like rap
Old 09-16-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Here We Come wasn't bad, I mean in comparison to what is mainstream now, but I think the beat was what helped that song. Rap is all about how badass you are, gunplay, cars, bitches, and cash.....that's what they talked about. I could easily see that song being done by anyone in G-unit, TI, Weezy, Game, etc....it sounded like other mainstream "gangsta" rap songs.

I Hear You Talkin and Nuh UH were very weak. They had poor beats and simplistic lyrics, I have come up with lyrics better than those and mine is just something I write for no reason when I'm bored. The mic quality on The Sad Truth is atrocious, the beat is again pretty weak, which is ironic because they are talking about how weak some other guy's beats are. It basically sounded like some "beef" track somebody would record about somebody else in highschool, weak premises for hating each other, and don't sound hard with anything they say. At least say you are going to murder the guy if you are trying to be "gangsta." People fight everyday, it's not hardcore. They are mentioning what seems like a very small group of people that they seem to know personally which leads me to believe it is just some stupid highschool drama.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well being signed doesn't mean alot unless it's with a label that can get you out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
Well being signed doesn't mean alot unless it's with a label that can get you out there.
You get signed to make a CD, it doesnt mean my friends will get their CD produced.

They werent signed because of those songs either, the songs were done with little to zero equipment out of a kitchen. They were signed on potential. The very last song was a free style aimed at a kid and doesnt need talked about any further because its just that.

Do you guys honestly think you have to make a hit song and then get signed? How the hell do you make a hit song with no professional help or recording equipment?

You think 50 made "In the club" and everyone happened to like it so they signed him?

These guys started out at a free style joint, were liked, decided to record a couple songs on acid pro, sent them out and a couple production labels replied, one came down to see a concert of theirs at a local club and it went from there.

If you honestly judge these songs as finished product, it shows the lack of knowledge for what it takes to make an artist and how they begin.

The fact that they even are getting look at because there white is amazing enough, not to sound racist, but there arent very many white folks in this career.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

starting out as a gangsta rapper is tough, you see the hardcore ghetto gangster image takes a lot of practice, for instance if you're white you gotta keep in mind that you're not black like barry white but that you're white like frank black is.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
You get signed to make a CD, it doesnt mean my friends will get their CD produced.

They werent signed because of those songs either, the songs were done with little to zero equipment out of a kitchen. They were signed on potential. The very last song was a free style aimed at a kid and doesnt need talked about any further because its just that.

Do you guys honestly think you have to make a hit song and then get signed? How the hell do you make a hit song with no professional help or recording equipment?

You think 50 made "In the club" and everyone happened to like it so they signed him?

These guys started out at a free style joint, were liked, decided to record a couple songs on acid pro, sent them out and a couple production labels replied, one came down to see a concert of theirs at a local club and it went from there.

If you honestly judge these songs as finished product, it shows the lack of knowledge for what it takes to make an artist and how they begin.

The fact that they even are getting look at because there white is amazing enough, not to sound racist, but there arent very many white folks in this career.
Dude I've worked in the music industry for years as a recording engineer, I know what it takes to make an album and I know what a record label does. I don't know if your rant is directed at me but seeing as you quoted me I'll respond.

I never commented anywhere about the quality of their recordings, obviously most artists that get signed will only have a rough demo at that time. The record label will give them an advance (which will be repaid from album sales) and they'll use that money to make a professional recording. It's real simple, basically any label can do this now because the cost of making a "pro" quality recording has come down substantially over the years (though you still do get what you pay for, more money=better equipment, studios, producers, & engineers).

The point of my comment was about marketing & distribution, which is where the major labels eat everyone else alive. Like I said, any of these small labels can make a decent album but most of them can't break their artists into the mass market. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule, many indie labels have had successful artists, but that's usually due to the talent of the bands/groups and them building a solid fan base through performing. These days most successful indie labels have been bought up and are just subsidiaries of the majors anyways.

There's millions of albums out there being made, most of them will never be heard except by a small group of people. The difference between being heard or not comes down to how good of a product it is, how marketable it is, and whether or not the label has the means to put it out where people will take notice. Also getting exposure is one thing, many people are moderately successful through online means these days, but getting your CD manufactured and stocked in record stores and Wal Marts across the country is something that's only going to be achieved with the backing of a powerful label.

I'm not trying to knock what your friends are doing, in fact I wish them luck, but realistically most bands/groups don't stand a chance of making it huge or even making a successful living as a performer. It's the sad truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

mixtapes is where its at
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can I get that on A-track?
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure This Guy:

Is just a skinnier Ward:

And again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

I like the blackout on that other guy in the picture lol. id always find it weird to have my pics on display by someone else
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks more like a baby Dirk Nowitzki.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote