Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Is the Big Ten the BCS conference this year?
Yes 12 35.29%
No 22 64.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDIAC CAT 7 View Post
Wisconsins problem is that they play at the level their oppenent which is bad and good. ACC gets my vote for worst confrence, no team in their is a powerhouse anymore.
Yeah, we did that all of last year too. We let the other team set the pace and then match them. It's a problem that shoulf be fixed, but hey we do have the nation's longest win streak so something's working.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I think the ACC is worse.
Ya i would agree.. there really isnt anyone in there that impresses me.. at all

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.

The Big Ten has the 2nd best OOC record of any conference in college football thus far. We are also 5-4 against other major conferences from my calculations.

While I don't think the Big Ten should be lauded by the pundits necessarily, I think the level of criticism is unfair. That's because Michigan and OSU are the face of the conference, and if one struggles, it's automatically assumed it's a "down year". Especially if they lose to a D-2 school. Then they start to fixate on our other minor flaws like the Badgers not blowing out teams or Minnesota losing to scrubs. Then while their attention is diverted they don't notice as much how:

A Pac 10 top team like UCLA got obliterated by a mid major. How Oregon State got drubbed by Cincinnati. Arizona losing to New Mexico. Cal barely beating Colorado State. Or losing handily against 2 of 3 teams in the crappy Big Ten.

Or how Oklahoma State of the Big 12 got drubbed by Troy. Texas narrowly defeated a couple of mid majors. Iowa St. lost to Northern Iowa and Kent State. TAMU needing OT at home to beat Fresno State. Nebraska getting thumped at home by USC.

How about Virginia of the ACC getting throttled by Wyoming. NC St. beaten by Central Florida. UNC by ECU. Duke by UCONN. Maryland, Va Tech, and Miami getting destroyed by: West Virginia, LSU, and Oklahoma; respectively. That's in the few OOC games the ACC has actually played.

And don't forget mighty Louisville striking out against Kentucky. West Virginia scuffling with Marshall. Syracuse being the worst team in all of D1. Being 0-3 against the crappy Big 10. And that's in the few OOC opportunities they've had.

I do believe there's a double standard amongst the college football public regarding the Big Ten v. just about every other conference.

So to answer the question, are they the worst? Far from it. There are multiple major conferences worse than the Big Ten. But they aren't the best either. That would probably be the SEC. However when they've played Wisconsin recently, SEC stood for Speed Easily Contained :)
BerninWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
megansett56BC
Rookie

megansett56BC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ACC is definitely weak right now. no question about it, but i can't see VT, miami and FSU staying down for much longer... it will be back in a few years, but no doubt it is bad this year.

Belichick might be an a-hole... but I'd rather have an a-hole that wins than one that doesn't.
megansett56BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ACC isn't as good, neither is the Big East. Big Ten's not that good right now though, definitely a down year as compared to the past few years and beyond. (2006 they were top heavy, OSU/UM/UW were all good teams...this year OSU/UW/PSU are decent but not as good as the top teams of 06)