Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-19-2009, 03:30 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, Voodoo nailed it. Also, if someone has an IQ of 70 or below it means that the person is legally ret*rded. Troupe had all the talent in the world, but the guy's head was as thick as a brick. You don't have to be a genius to play football, but a player has to make up for it with instincts, effort, and talent. Troupe had the talent, but not the instincts or intellect to succeed in the sport. He was an "athlete" and not a "football player," as scouts would put in. Hopefully Cook is more of a "football player."

Sorry about confusing ya on that CJftw! :)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

come on man give me a little more credit than that my iq isnt 70! i just didnt understand who you were trying to call stupid or what that was all about haha :)
Old 09-20-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, I wasn't calling you stupid, CJftw! I guess I can get overly explanatory, lol.

Also, PUT IN VY!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game has been super duper crazy so far. At least the guys on the Texans that are scoring are on my fantasy team.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy Sh!t At Cj Today!!!! :):):):):)
Old 09-20-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Gettin DirectTV installed right now, so I'm missing the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th. :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

i got dish but i live on the coast in north carolina and dont pay for the extra packages so i dont get to see it, stinkin redskins all the time! :(
Old 09-20-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we might have a shot at Eric Berry now............
Old 09-20-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

ouch... :\
Old 09-20-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I need objective analysis. All I had to go one was one post of reality by Pit Bull, and the rest filled in by TitansCentral chat.

What happened guys?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I need objective analysis. All I had to go one was one post of reality by Pit Bull, and the rest filled in by TitansCentral chat.

What happened guys?
Just, too much.

First of all the defense played like complete crap today. We hardly got any pressure and I'm pretty sure we didn't get one sack. We also forced zero turnovers. Our front four can't get any push up the middle without extra blitzers.

Our offense looked pitiful in the second half. Our run blocking looked jumbled and despite CJ's numbers, I don't think our line blocked as well as they could have today. Play-calling seemed out of whack as well and it didn't seem like we ever really got into a rhythm.

Once again I feel as if we lost this game more than the other team won it. But maybe I'm just in denial and we're coming crashing back down to earth without Fat Al and Schwartz.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breaking it down-

Chris Johnson

Kerry Collins

Pass Rush/Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

WTF was up with Jason Jones being ejected? What happened there?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
WTF was up with Jason Jones being ejected? What happened there?
There was a skirmish that broke out on the Texans sidelines in which all of the Texans decided to start ganging up on Nick Harper, so Jason Jones ran in to defend him, apparently threw some punches and therefore was ejected. If you watch the replay though there was at least one Texan that threw a punch. It was ********. Jason Jones got a standing ovation on his way out from the crowd though, which I thought was cool.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just was looking at who we could lose next year...Kevin Mawae, Eugene Amano, Keith Bulluck,Stephen Tulloch, Kyle Vanden Bosch,Nick Harper,LenDale White,Crumpler, Scaife, Tony Brown

Quote:
Old 09-20-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

We need to atleast sign back Keith, Tully, KVB and Kevin.

Quote:
Old 09-20-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Just was looking at who we could lose next year...Kevin Mawae, Eugene Amano, Keith Bulluck,Stephen Tulloch, Kyle Vanden Bosch,Nick Harper,LenDale White,Crumpler, Scaife, Tony Brown
Players that will for sure be done as Titans after this season from that list:
Kevin Mawae, Nick Harper, Crumpler

All of the rest I'm questionable about us making a whole lot of effort to keep.
I'm questionable about T.Brown because we've invested so much into some other DTs lately. Same for Scaife at TE.
Lendale probably won't be resigned because he's already seen his workload diminished, plus the staff likes Ringer and apparently Chris Henry. (bleh)
KVB is a decent chance because Kearse is for sure done after this year and Jacob Ford and William Hayes aren't really full-time DEs IMO.
Tulloch has a solid chance at being re-signed because of our lack of LB depth. Especially at MLB.
Eugene Amano is a maybe as well. It really depends on if they like how Kropog or maybe even Otto develop over the year. Plus Amano is probably our most easily replaced o-lineman.
And most importantly is Keith Bulluck. I'd like to think we re-sign him, but Gerald McRath looked good in the preseason and I wouldn't be surprised if we low ball Keith if they like how McRath continues to develop this season. So unless Keith takes a hometown discount, I think this could be his last year as a Titan.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Looks like we might have a shot at Eric Berry now............
Would he play safety or corner?

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Would he play safety or corner?
Hmmm, while I still think in the end we won't be anywhere near being able to draft Eric Berry, I guess it would depend on whether or not we re-sign Chris Hope after this season. If so, I'd make him a lock down cornerback to take over Nick Harper's spot. If we didn't, put him back there to replace Hope and our secondary might actually be upgraded still. (Sorry TH!) :D
Old 09-20-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hmmm, while I still think in the end we won't be anywhere near being able to draft Eric Berry, I guess it would depend on whether or not we re-sign Chris Hope after this season. If so, I'd make him a lock down cornerback to take over Nick Harper's spot. If we didn't, put him back there to replace Hope and our secondary might actually be upgraded still. (Sorry TH!) :D
We can dream tho :D

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Mawae should retire. Amano could resign. Bulluck i hope wants the hometown discount, Tulloch has been good, KVB will be interesting, cause they should resign him, but I would be looking to get younger on the outside as well (Julius Peppers anyone?). Crumpler is gone, Scaife has a good chance to be resigned, White is more then likely gone unless he has 15+ td's this season. Brown I would like back, I think he is quite underrated.

But yeah, from the stats I saw while I was away, it looked like a repetition of last weeks game. Let me guess, lots of send 4, drop 7 into coverage? No blitzing? This should have been rectified by now, cause our pass defense really isn't that bad (well Harper is, but Finnegan and Hope/Griffin are great). The defense is definitely feeling the loss of Fat Al, but I still think Jason Jones can produce, we just need to blitz a bit more often, stop having our line get mauled play after play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
:p

Hope isn't a FA though, and I'd like Berry at CB if we landed him. They tried Griffin at CB for a while before he moved to FS. Berry is even more versatile than Griffin, and those two could be moved around all over the place on DEF. I <3 Chris Hope, but if we did replace him, I'd want it to be Berry. BUT! Berry at CB over Harper and keeping Hope at SS would be much better than Berry at SS over Hope and Mouton at CB.

I've watched the highlights from the 2nd half and have seen the post game interviews. All I have to say is that something was wrong today. It seriously felt like Houston had a copy of our defensive playbook, and studied it all week. It was surreal. Then, throw in the officiating which I think was atrocious. It was like the perfect storm, and credit to the Texans for stepping up. But, this is a fluke game if I ever saw one. This isn't an accurate representation of this team, and that something like this can be a blessing in disguise.

All I know is that the Titans' backs are against the wall, and we'll see how they respone against Rex Ryan and the Jets.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:03 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Damn, I could've swore that I read Chris Hope was a FA after this season. **** me blue.

Anyways, just an interesting little hypothetical question here.....

What would our record be if we still had Haynesworth? Me thinks 2-0. But I'm not crying over spilled milk or anything.....
Old 09-21-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

did jared cook even get on the field?(didnt see the game just highlights and box score)
Old 09-21-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
did jared cook even get on the field?(didnt see the game just highlights and box score)
He played. I'm pretty sure he didn't make any plays though. :(