Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-12-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

totally agree on vince, and i saw cook make a few plays tonight didnt i?, i want to see more of him too though
Old 10-12-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To quote a famous line from the NY Yankees: The Ship be sinking
Note the sig

It is looking like a really really gray year for the Titans, I mean the defense is just looking really really bad. I'm putting this more on not having Schwartz as the coordinator then Fat Al on the line. The tackling was really bad, and the coverage as well. As has been repeated, I don't understand why our corners are playing so far off the ball, giving them these 8 yard cushions to run a hook route giving short second and third down plays. I didn't gain any real conclusion tonight from seeing Vince under center, only through 3 passes, and 2 of them were not good at all. He did have that first round run though where he stiff armed the defender. Following Collins' 19-32 and 1 int, he should be benched. This team needs a spark of some sort, and if VY is really the future, let him play. Fisher needs to show that this team will be willing to make serious changes in order to better the team. It could start at QB, but by no means should it end there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:06 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fisher announced that Collins will start against New England.

Still no word on why Kearse was scratched.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:52 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still thinking that they're just waiting for the game after the Patriots to give VY a chance to start so he can have that extra bye week of preparation.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:13 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I'm still thinking that they're just waiting for the game after the Patriots to give VY a chance to start so he can have that extra bye week of preparation.
that has to be true otherwise this is turning into complete madness
Old 10-12-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Going 0-6 into the bye week, then deciding to make the QB change. Lots of sense there. Hope that extra week of prep time gets us our first win, playing the Jags at home before heading out to San Fran to play the Niners.

Quote:
Old 10-12-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok guys.
a) Eric Berry
b) Disruptive DT (aka Gerald McCoy or Ndamukong Suh)
c) Franchise QB (aka Sam Bradford or maybe Jimmy Clausen)

Who ya got? I love my Titans and I'll root for them until the death, but I just can't see more than 5 wins with this team.
Berry, Suh or McCoy for me, I hate to ignore the QB, but I want Mallett to be honest and well I'm not afraid to wait.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Berry, Suh or McCoy for me, I hate to ignore the QB, but I want Mallett to be honest and well I'm not afraid to wait.
I'm a bit wary of Mallett. If you can get a bit of pressure on him and knock him down, he seems to get rattled (as evidenced by the Alabama game). Defenses get bigger & faster in the NFL and he's going to get pressured even more, which worries me.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What positions do the Titans NOT need next offseason???

Right now, I'd say these positions are safe:
1. K
Bironas is still solid and has plenty of years ahead of him.
2. WR (starter)
Britt & Washington should be OK, but reliable depth is needed.
3. RB (starter)
CJ has the starting gig locked down, but depth is needed because Ringer's yet to prove himself.
4. OT
Roos and Stewart are both set for the long-term.
5. TE
Cook is our future starter, but depth might be needed (particularly as a blocking TE) because Stevens hasn't had much of a chance to prove himself.

Every other position, I think, is potentially up for grabs...
Unfortunately, we don't have a 2nd round pick in this upcoming draft (which sucks because we need that pick AND because it's probably going to be a very high pick).

We've got lots of people leaving via FA this offseason.
We really need Reinfeldt to open up the wallet and bring some new, talented FAs in (but, of course, he won't...he'll settle for "bargains" that would be depth for any other team...)
Old 10-12-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way the Draft goes greatly depends on A) the current coaching staff and B) Vince Young's development.

I say the coaching staff because, even though I disagree with it, a coaching change is being affiliated with success for teams. The Ravens, Falcons, and Dolphins last year, Mike Tomlin a few years ago, Mike Singletary (even though he was interim last year), Rex Ryan, Jim Caldwell, and Josh McDaniels this season. A head coaching change doesn't necessarily mean a rebuilding year, so it may be easier to make that decision for Bud.

Also, the loss of Fisher would likely also mean the loss of Mike Munchak, Jim Washburn, Dave McGinnis, Chuck Cecil/Marcus Robertson, and others. Combine the personnel losses, and the next guy who comes in can install his system - whether it be 4-3, 3-4, Tampa 2, Zone Blitz, 2-Gapper, whatev.

Hokay, a more likely scenario is Chuck Cecil gets thrown under the bus or something like that...which sucks, because after seeing Cecil at DB Coach and his reputation as a player, I figured he could be a very good DC. He could still turn out to be a good DC, because nobody liked Schwartz when he first started. But if we keep losing, someone has to take the blame. The new guy is usually the first, but Marcus Robertson as the DB Coach...what happened dude? You and Cecil had these guys ballin' last year. I coined the phrase "Titans CB" talking about their physicality and fiesty swagger. Now, albeit Finny is hurt, but Hope and Griff dunno what the hell is going on and Harper has turned into a whiney ******. Anyway, if Cecil goes, who knows who gets the job. I thought it'd be McGinnis before Cecil, so maybe he gets it now. I dunno. But if a new scheme comes in an additions need to be made, then that could be the pick.

The last equation in the mix is VY. If a new coaching staff comes in, QB could be the pick. The new coach may want his own guy instead (how that goes over with Bud Adams, who knows - VY better not factor into the new HC choice...). If no coaching change is made, then VY has after the Bye Week to strut his stuff. At the end of the season, weigh their options. Either go with VY and draft a DE, DT, or EB in the 1st RD, or go with a QB and cut Vince.

I think it's more likely that Fisher stays here, Vince is the starter in 2010, and we have Eric Berry or a stud DL lining up on defense.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 10-12-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I think it's more likely that Fisher stays here, Vince is the starter in 2010, and we have Eric Berry or a stud DL lining up on defense.
Thats where I'm setting my sights on. Somebody did a random player comparison and they said Eric Berry at corner compared to Rod Woodson. Thoughts?

Quote:
Old 10-12-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no doubt Eric could be an amazing CB but he his such a ball-hawk it should be a crime moving him from saftey. IMO you get the most value out of him by letting him roam in backfeild and let his instincts take over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I have no doubt Eric could be an amazing CB but he his such a ball-hawk it should be a crime moving him from saftey. IMO you get the most value out of him by letting him roam in backfeild and let his instincts take over.
I guess that means the Titans wouldn't draft him then. IDK, given his ability what to do if we had to make that decision with him on the board.

BTW, Harper is going to be out for up to 6 weeks for surgery on his broken forearm. Our secondary takes another shot, but at least we can see what the youngsters can do on the field, and given the play of Harper so far, I don't necessarily think its a huge downgrade.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

I love Eric Berry as a player...BUT I just don't think it makes much sense (from a personnel standpoint) for the Titans to pick him, assuming that we get that high of a pick.

Berry is certainly a ball-hawk and a big-hitter; however, we already have two guys at S who are Pro-Bowl calibur players (or who were last season). I just can't help but think that you don't go from being a Pro-Bowl type guy one season to a total bust the next; rather, I'm more inclined to think that it's the system/scheme that's putting Griffin & Hope in a position to fail.

Assuming we draft Berry, what do we do with him?
I'm not sure he can play CB -- that's a tough move for anyone to make, especially in the NFL.

Do we put Berry at S and move Griffin back to CB (like in his rookie year)?
But, again, Griffin only looked "meh" at CB, so I'm not sure that such a move would really benefit the secondary.

Basically...I just don't think that the Berry pick solves any of our problems. Rather, I'd like to see the Titans either draft DL (preferably McCoy or Suh), CB, or QB. Or...better yet...trade back a bit, re-stock some picks and take BPA at any of the, like, 5-6 positions of need that we have going into next offseason.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:21 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
I love Eric Berry as a player...BUT I just don't think it makes much sense (from a personnel standpoint) for the Titans to pick him, assuming that we get that high of a pick.

Berry is certainly a ball-hawk and a big-hitter; however, we already have two guys at S who are Pro-Bowl calibur players (or who were last season). I just can't help but think that you don't go from being a Pro-Bowl type guy one season to a total bust the next; rather, I'm more inclined to think that it's the system/scheme that's putting Griffin & Hope in a position to fail.

Assuming we draft Berry, what do we do with him?
I'm not sure he can play CB -- that's a tough move for anyone to make, especially in the NFL.

Do we put Berry at S and move Griffin back to CB (like in his rookie year)?
But, again, Griffin only looked "meh" at CB, so I'm not sure that such a move would really benefit the secondary.

Basically...I just don't think that the Berry pick solves any of our problems. Rather, I'd like to see the Titans either draft DL (preferably McCoy or Suh), CB, or QB. Or...better yet...trade back a bit, re-stock some picks and take BPA at any of the, like, 5-6 positions of need that we have going into next offseason.
Eric Berry could be a lock down corner at the next level if a team were to move him there. He has the hips, speed and physicality. He also handles the nickel extremely well. In fact, if Eric Berry were to be drafted as solely a CB he would be the first player drafted at that position this year as well.
With that said, it would be and should be tough for the Titans to pass on Eric Berry, but I can see them doing it.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:11 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Eric Berry could be a lock down corner at the next level if a team were to move him there. He has the hips, speed and physicality. He also handles the nickel extremely well. In fact, if Eric Berry were to be drafted as solely a CB he would be the first player drafted at that position this year as well.
With that said, it would be and should be tough for the Titans to pass on Eric Berry, but I can see them doing it.
I like Berry as much as the next guy, but I think the enthusiasm on this board for him has gotten a bit out of hand.

Berry's a rare athlete for sure, but that doesn't mean you could just plug him into any position and watch him succeed. This is true not only of Berry but for virtually any player in the NFL (outside of some of the OL positions & perhaps the DE/OLB hybrid). Some people can make the transition to a different position; however, for every Hines Ward (i.e. players who make a significant position change in the NFL), there are lots and lots of guys who just fail to make the adjustment.

Could Berry make the transition successfully to CB??? Perhaps.
Could he completely flop at CB??? That's completely possible. Of course, he could flop at S too because of injuries, scheme, etc.; however, he's certainly a surer bet at S (a position he's familiar with) than at CB (a position he's unfamiliar with, athleticism notwithstanding).

Just my $0.02
Old 10-13-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

That's fair. An alternate universe probably knows how good Eric Berry is at CB because he started at that position when he first got to Tennessee. I need to invent an alternate dimension traveling machine to find out. BRB.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I think had they never plugged Griffin in at CB when he was first drafted, the projections of EB at CB wouldn't be so numerous. And when you think about it, it's really not out of the question with our scheme. Finnegan was a FS at Samford. Vincent Fuller is a FS/CB tweener, as was Chris Carr last year. Sometimes, Fuller will start out at NB and Griffin will start at FS on the play, and when the ball is snapped, Fuller will drop back into deep coverage and Griffin will move up into intermediate. I think Nick Harper could easily move to FS.

Projection a player to a different position is always risky, but it depends on the player, the scheme, and the coaching. JJones isn't an every down DT in another other DL scheme besides ours. At least, not this early in his career at 275-285 lbs.

Berry is a hard one to figure out. He started out at CB, and played exceptionally. So much so that he was moved to SS so that he could be more involved. He plays much bigger than he is, and to be honest, I hate the Ed Reed comparisons. Eric Berry is like a ball-hawking Bob Sanders - except with durability. He's only compared to Reed because of the seasons both has last year with their INT's and return yards, but watching Berry play, to me he looks like Hitman 2.0. Anyway, under Monte Kiffin's Tampa 2, EB is lining up at NB, SS, FS, and even at OLB. So we're seeing what he's able to do in a Zone coverage scheme.

If Berry was drafted by the Titans to play CB in our Cover 2, I think he could make the transition. The comparison I have would be Antoine Winfield of the Vikings, who run a very similar Cover 2 like ours. He has all the ability needed, and something else I really like it his return ability. I think DB's who have return ability can make the transition to the NFL easier, and Berry has that in spades. Plus, he won't be asked to hold Man coverage, which would help the transition.

We'll see, though. I agree that an impact DL will have just as big of impact as Berry would, and getting a guy like McCoy, Suh, or Dunlap would perhaps help the secondary more by providing pass-rush than adding a talented CB would.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I think had they never plugged Griffin in at CB when he was first drafted, the projections of EB at CB wouldn't be so numerous. And when you think about it, it's really not out of the question with our scheme. Finnegan was a FS at Samford. Vincent Fuller is a FS/CB tweener, as was Chris Carr last year. Sometimes, Fuller will start out at NB and Griffin will start at FS on the play, and when the ball is snapped, Fuller will drop back into deep coverage and Griffin will move up into intermediate. I think Nick Harper could easily move to FS.

Projection a player to a different position is always risky, but it depends on the player, the scheme, and the coaching. JJones isn't an every down DT in another other DL scheme besides ours. At least, not this early in his career at 275-285 lbs.

Berry is a hard one to figure out. He started out at CB, and played exceptionally. So much so that he was moved to SS so that he could be more involved. He plays much bigger than he is, and to be honest, I hate the Ed Reed comparisons. Eric Berry is like a ball-hawking Bob Sanders - except with durability. He's only compared to Reed because of the seasons both has last year with their INT's and return yards, but watching Berry play, to me he looks like Hitman 2.0. Anyway, under Monte Kiffin's Tampa 2, EB is lining up at NB, SS, FS, and even at OLB. So we're seeing what he's able to do in a Zone coverage scheme.

If Berry was drafted by the Titans to play CB in our Cover 2, I think he could make the transition. The comparison I have would be Antoine Winfield of the Vikings, who run a very similar Cover 2 like ours. He has all the ability needed, and something else I really like it his return ability. I think DB's who have return ability can make the transition to the NFL easier, and Berry has that in spades. Plus, he won't be asked to hold Man coverage, which would help the transition.

We'll see, though. I agree that an impact DL will have just as big of impact as Berry would, and getting a guy like McCoy, Suh, or Dunlap would perhaps help the secondary more by providing pass-rush than adding a talented CB would.
I really thought that this was an excellent counterpoint for what MicktheGreat has been saying. Kiffin's scheme is similar to what we run, and the reason that I (and others) have been bringing up EB, since its a logistical viewpoint at this point in the season, is because our secondary has just been awful. Now this could also be our defensive line play, but we really need someone that can play well opposite of Finny. But like has been said, there is going to be a lot of needs on defense next offseason.

Quote:
Old 10-14-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

anybody think we'll be making any trades b4 the deadline?
Old 10-14-2009, 02:36 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
I really thought that this was an excellent counterpoint for what MicktheGreat has been saying. Kiffin's scheme is similar to what we run, and the reason that I (and others) have been bringing up EB, since its a logistical viewpoint at this point in the season, is because our secondary has just been awful. Now this could also be our defensive line play, but we really need someone that can play well opposite of Finny. But like has been said, there is going to be a lot of needs on defense next offseason.
I think TitanHope brings up some good points...

Basically, I think that if it looks like Berry can make the switch to CB in a reasonable fashion (based on combine/scouts/workouts/etc.), I think the Titans should DEFINITELY take Berry.

But if it looks like he's stuck at S after the combine/scouts/workouts/etc., then we should turn our attention to DL (like McCoy or Suh).
Old 10-14-2009, 02:47 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
anybody think we'll be making any trades b4 the deadline?
Doubtful, although I'd like to see some. Lendale White comes to mind since his contract is up after this season and based on how little we're using him, the writing seems to be on the wall that we probably aren't re-signing him.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I don't see any trades either.

When was the last time Reinfeldt made a move like that? When we brought Bryce Fischer in from Seattle? When we shipped PacMan to Dallas? Neither of those were midseason either.

RFA's are LenDale White, Tony Brown, and Stephen Tulloch. They have higher trade value because of that.

There are also lots of note worthy vets who are in their last year. Keith Bulluck, KVB, Eugene Amano, and Bo Scaife

Primary trade bait may be Bo Scaife to a contender who needs an intermediate passing threat. After him, probably LenDale since his usage is down dramatically and his RFA status adds on that extra year is desired. From there, who knows. No one's off limits besides CJ, Britt, Roos, JJ, Griffin, Finnegan, and Hope.

As far as who'd we acquire, the only thing that's remotely likely is to trade a mid to late round pick for CB depth. If there's a chance to obtain a guy like Chris Johnson (the other CJ, lol) from Oakland, I hope we'd pounce on it. He's no Asomugha, but he's a good, young CB who has take all the passes to his side with Aso shutting down his side. There's also Nathan Vasher out of Chicago, and maybe Brandon Carr out of KC or Brandon McDonad out of Cleveland. There are bigger names like Carlos Rogers out of Washington and Terrence McGee out of Buffalo, but we'd only make a move for them if we were contending as their contracts run out soon - unless they're RFA's, which I'm unsure of.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Jevon Kearse offers no apologies for deserting Titans - Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean

"Veteran went home instead of staying to support team against Colts."

Dang...just a prickly situation all around. I tend to always take the player's side, and I totally understand why he wanted to get away. I like Fisher's remarks on it: "I thought I made myself clear. Thats a difficult decision to go through. Its hard, Fisher said. I understand his position and he understands ours. Weve moved on. It is behind us.

Also, horrible choice of words by Jevon with this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevon Kearse
Asked if leaving the stadium instead of staying behind to support his teammates might send a bad message, Kearse became defensive.

"I am not even getting into that. It happened. I was deactivated, I left. What can you do now? It is not going to change the record or the season, he said. I am not going to kill myself now. I am still good.
The VY incident last year instantly popped into my head. I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt to Jevon on that one and not assume he was taking a shot at VY in order to make his own actions look better.

Anyway, the most important element of this story is how much confidence Washburn and Fisher have in William Hayes that they would deactivate Kearse and start Hayes in his place. I figured it'd be Jacob Ford, but hopefully Hayes is tapping into that potential of his.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

So, they deactivated basically for lack of production, right?

Never mind. Just read the article.