Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-14-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a numbers game, basically, but production and ability had a part to play.

No Jason Jones, Cortland Finnegan, Vincent Fuller, and a banged up Nick Harper meant they had to decide which players would be most beneficial to keep active. They needed to reinforce the secondary, and to do that they had to cut out a DL. They're already missing JJ at DT, so that meant a DE would have to sit out - either Kyle Vanden Bosch, Jevon Kearse, Jacob Ford, William Hayes, or Dave Ball would have to sit. KVB is still our best DE, and even though he's slowed down, his effort alone makes him an asset. Dave Ball can move inside to DT if needed, so he was active for that reason. So it came down to Kearse, Ford, or Hayes. Out of those three, Hayes and Ford have been the most productive and both come off the bench in rotation.

If Finnegan is healthy, Kearse plays. If Jason Jones is healthy, Kearse plays. But that wasn't the case, and since the effectiveness of the DE's this year has been practically the same no matter who's in there, that depth had to be trimmed in order to keep other units bolstered. It sucks, and no one likes to be the odd man out. It's not Kearse's fault he can't play the 3-technique like Ball. I think the most difficult part for Jevon is the realization that the young guys have caught up to him. That's gotta be hard to take for a player who's not only a Titans Icon but a NFL Icon - let alone hearing about it 90 minutes before kickoff.

So yeah, it was just one game where the stars aligned in an unfortunate way. By no means does this one inactivity mean #90 is gonna ride off into the sunset earlier than expected.

Also, this incident kinda diminished Fisher's reputation for being overly loyal to the veterans, so that's always nice. ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default I seriously think the Titans should start blitzing more

It has been established that the Titans cannot generate enough of a pass rush just rushing their front four and with the injuries in their secondary, if the QB is patient, it will be slow slicing and dicing of their zone coverage.

So, the new DC should start blitzing more than he has in the past to get the opponents off the field more and get the Titans offense on the field more, that is a start. Their run D is still stout but their pass D can only be improved by blitzing more.

The next thing the Titans can do is use a combination of VY, Chris Johnson and Javon Ringer (who I think of highly) for wildcat plays. That gives them the best elusive combination in the open field and for reverses to make the wildcat plays effective.

Just a few thoughts from a Colts fan.
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jags will be without Mathis this Sunday.

Vincent Fuller will be back for us. Finnegan may be able to go but isn't 100%, and Roderick Hood should see increased time as well. Having Fuller back is HUGE!

Mark Jones was also placed on IR after sustaining a hamstring injury. Former Jaguars RB Alvin Pearman was signed to help out in the return game. Link.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

VY is looking good. CJ is the most frustrating player to watch for the Titans. Rod Hood is looking great in pass coverage, but he needs to learn to tackle.

Boy is it nice to have Finny back.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He just wins gaymez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

woooooooooooooooooo cj cj cj cj
Old 11-01-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game *************.

Race ya to the cellar!

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cant believe the running attacks, absolutely insane
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Good game to ya'll too, Unseen!

He.

Wait for it...

Just.

Wait for it...

Wins.

Wait for it...

GAMES!

:D

This was a TEAM win more than anything. CJ went off, broke the franchise record again. Healthy secondary with Cortland Finnegan and Vinny Fuller, and Rod Hood played well at #2. DL put pressure on Garrard - KVB with his 1st sack! OL didn't give up a single sack. 0 turnovers! Coaches called a great game too.

Just wanna get better at tackling and those silly offsides penalties.

Oh, and cya Steelers avy! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

824 yards rushing on the season 6.9 average per carry, only played in 7 games, his closest rival (adrian peterson) has played in 8 and is only averaging 5 yards a carry. its official right now CJ is the most unstoppable back in the NFL.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations on the win, fellas. You guys beat us up and down the field. Good luck the rest of the way.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts on the game...

Chris Johnson- I may get ripped from other fans but this guy is the most explosive player in the game. I think his a hair behind Adrian Peterson as a running back. He has Terrific balance and vision (oh yeah I heard he is pretty fast also).

Kern-This guy was booming those punts. I think we found us a pretty damn good punter.

Rod Hood-Its only one game but I thought he played great at corner. If he continues to play like this I want him starting over Harper (when he gets back).

Cortland Finnegan-Our defense is alot better with him. Give this man a raise. He played great.

Griff and Hope- Played well, No big pass plays and Griff looked like his old self (except for that missed tackle on Mojo but its hard to bring him down with one guy in the open field.)

Jason Jones and Jacob Ford- I can haz more snapz pleaze?

PR and KR game- We need one.

VY- One game but his footwork has gotten better. I noticed he made more than one read and at times he came back to the other side of the field to make a pass. One game, but he looks like he has improved in some areas. Glad to see him using his legs like he did his rookie year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:40 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

http://www.nfl.com/players/chrisjohn...e?id=JOH127799

just gotta say johnsons career average at 5.5 is .3 ahead of jim browns career average...lets hope he can keep it up
Old 11-02-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=DoughBoy;1862093]My thoughts on the game...

Chris Johnson- I may get ripped from other fans but this guy is the most explosive player in the game. I think his a hair behind Adrian Peterson as a running back. He has Terrific balance and vision (oh yeah I heard he is pretty fast also).

I don't think anyone will rip you for saying that. He has as many skins on the wall the last two seasons as anyone. I guess, Maurice Jones Drew might have an arguement, but that is not an outlandish statement at all.

Now here is my thought that I will get ripped for. I have fallen off the Jeff Fisher bandwagon. I really was hoping the Cowboys would somehow find away to hire him next year. I am a big fan of what he has done in his career. But I think he is stubborn. I am sure VY has violated team rules, or maybe he is a nutcase. I really have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. But if he was that much of a headache, Fisher should have got rid of him back then. Just keeping him on the team for this long makes no sense. By keeping him on the team, you are saying he is one of your players. And when your old quarterback is 0-4, you need to make a change. For no other reason than to try and find a spark. I think Fisher sunk this team this year. If Bud Adams made him keep VY on the team and Fisher didn't want him, he should have quit. That is what Parcells did in the TO situation. And I am not saying this cause I am a VY fan. I wouldn't care who the quarterback is, I would have benched him and tried to find something that works. If a coach is told who to start, he is not a coach. He is a motivational speaker.

And this is not an unknown concept. Just ask Donovan McNabb. Sometimes it has to be done, and Fisher refused to do it. I think this was apparent when he made the statement along the lines of the organization decided to start Young. He could have easily said he was going to start VY.

I hope the die hard Titans fans don't have as much of a problem with his coaching this year as I do.

Not trying to sound aggresive, but I feel passionate about this. It has ruined Fisher in my eyes.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default You guys sure...

...Jeff Fisher wearing the Manning jersey didn't have anything to do with being a winner? Just kidding fellas.:) Congrats from a Colts fan here!!! VY gave us more fits with his running outside the pocket than Collins could ever.

VY & CJ, the combination of those two is what can make this team dangerous if the Titans do not turn the ball over. Still, I was surprised by the bad tackling on MJD. It seemed like your pass D improved considerably but your run D took a step backwards.

The next Colts-Titans match up should be fun in December.

That 49ers team that you play next week, don't snooze on them.

Last edited by chad72 : 11-02-2009 at 04:25 PM.
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
...Jeff Fisher wearing the Manning jersey didn't have anything to do with being a winner? Just kidding fellas.:) Congrats from a Colts fan here!!! VY gave us more fits with his running outside the pocket than Collins could ever.

VY & CJ, the combination of those two is what can make this team dangerous if the Titans do not turn the ball over. Still, I was surprised by the bad tackling on MJD. It seemed like your pass D improved considerably but your run D took a step backwards.

The next Colts-Titans match up should be fun in December.

That 49ers team that you play next week, don't snooze on them.
The change on defense is health. Both Cortland Finnegan and Vincent Fuller are back, which were huge. Finny is our #1 CB, and is the best man-coverage CB we have. He's also great in run defense, and best INT threat on DEF. Vinny Fuller is our NB, and we play a lot of Nickel packages during games. Getting him back to cover TE and Slot WR's was great. Plus, the addition of Rod Hood paid off as he started at #2 CB and caught an INT.

The rookie CB's that have had to start because of injuries were big reasons why the pass defense was getting torched. With the regular, veteran starters back in, the pass defense vastly improved and so did the pass rush. Add in less time on the field thanks to VY and CJ converting 3rd Downs and keeping possession of the ball, and the overall defense became better. By the end of the 3rd QTR, they were able to pin their ears back and make plays.

As for the run defense, it seems the DEF has the propensity to give up the long run - even when Haynesworth was here. Last year, Steve Slaton had multiple huge runs. Same thing this year with Maroney in New England and MoJo Drew. The long TD's MoJo got happened on nearly identical plays. Ran inside the LT and LG, there's a ton of congestion, and he gets lost in the shuffle and breaks it long. He's just so small and has such a strong lower body. The OLB's would come in to help, but they'd slow up thinking the guys who were there were making the tackle. Next thing you know, MoJo is runs through the tacklers and the OLB's aren't in the position to tackle him. Then he's in the open field, and by then it's over. Give credit to J'Ville for the downfield blocking though. The Titans just need to hold their gaps better - especially Tulloch who can be overaggressive and run himself out of position sometimes.

Anyway, thanks for the congrats Chad and for the perspective HH, which many Titans fans would agree with you on.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

San Francisco will be without their LT Joe Staley and #1 CB Nate Clements this Sunday. They've already lost their other OT Tony Pashos, so hopefully KVB and Jacob Ford can put the pressure on.

Also, I dunno if you guys knew this, but this past Sunday was the first game that VY has never thrown an INT or been sacked in. It took a long time comin', but I'll take that breakthrough! ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Our inactives for today:

TENNESSEE TITANS

#20 CB Nick Harper
#21 RB Javon Ringer
#50 LB David Thornton
#59 LB Stanford Keglar
#66 OT Mike Otto
#76 OT David Stewart
#90 DE Jevon Kearse
#98 DE Dave Ball

LINEUP CHANGES

#64 Leroy Harris starts at RT in place of #76 David Stewart
#51 Gerald McRath starts at OLB in place of #50 David Thornton
#37 Rod Hood starts at CB in place of #20 Nick Harper

GO MCRATH!!! WHOO!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Whoohoo!!! What a rollercoaster game!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that... that guy... he just wins games... o ya and another good day for CJ!!! CJ! CJ!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

i know we say VY just wins games but...CJ just ******* wins
Old 11-08-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
that... that guy... he just wins games... o ya and another good day for CJ!!! CJ! CJ!
He's a machine! 959 yards on the season now for CJ, with a 6.7 YPC average. He was the difference today against a great SF rush defense.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

something tells me chris johnson is going to be considered the best back in the league come seasons end
Old 11-08-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
something tells me chris johnson is going to be considered the best back in the league come seasons end
I still think Adrian Peterson is the #1, but as far as a playmaking RB goes, CJ is tops. They're two special players, though.

On the 4th and Goal option play, I went from the lowest low to the highest high. I though Haralson had him, and then all of the sudden, I see the ref signal touchdown. I went from back against the couch with my hands on my head to jumping in the air clapping, lol. What. A. Play.

Oh, and CJ's 130+ yards keeps him on pace for 2,000. :)

This was a really good DEF too. #2 in the NFL, and we were AT their house. They hadn't allowed a 100-yard rusher all season, and held opposing players to a league low 3.2 YPC! Patrick Willis was amazing. Absolutely amazing. The best LB in the NFL. It wasn't a franchise day like last week, but CJ had a special day today. If he's ineffective, we lose.

Oh, and the running into the endzone backwards on the called back TD-run had me laughing. What a showoff, lol.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 11-08-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another big win! We're getting back in the playoff hunt!! haha