Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 11-08-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Props to William Hayes, he is getting better and better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was so gutted that play got called back...also what really pissed me off was last week at the jags when johnson got all his yards...we had a drive (had he run it in from the start position he would of cracked 300) we put ineffective lendale in...who by the way does not look content lol
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Hood keeps the starting job when Harper comes back healthy. I would like Harper in the role that Eric King and Chris Carr played for us last year.

Quote:
Old 11-08-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To stop Chris Johnson all you have to do is put 11 men in the box.

Actually I may have to reconsider that statement. That might only keep him around four yards per carry. He is a very sick animal.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know we all notice CJ and VY's performances first, but the key player in all of this is...

Chris Hope had a Sack and an INT!!! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The team has turned it around significantly since the bye week. They are keeping it really simple with VY in there, and its working to perfection. Young hasn't turned the ball over, scrambled for a TD and is handing the ball off to the second best RB in the league. CJ is in absolute beast mode right now, can't be stopped. Our defense stepped up big time versus a lack luster line, got sacks and forced turnovers. Hood is staying in with his play, and our rotational players are performing well (Hayes and Hoye). 2 out of 10 straight hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been very busy this year, and just got my other computer back up, but dang, CJ shocks me every week. Also i was at the Jags game first of the season, you know i'm a good luck charm :)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Last edited by smittyjs : 11-09-2009 at 09:22 PM.
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Also i was at the Jags game first of the season, you know i'm a good luck charm :)
same here. was the first game i was able to make it to this season. i think we should get the lion's share of the credit for starting the winning streak. just sayin
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A Smitty and a Pitbull sighting back-to-back! My day is set. Reminds of the good ole days.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to have you lurkers back...NOW THAT WE'RE WINNING! :p :D

Also, I take everything bad I've ever said about titanscentral.net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILERMAN
TitanHope = football genius
Quote:
Originally Posted by japan
Post of the year quality here.
They have some very wise posters over there.

:D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What was the post?
Old 11-10-2009, 01:50 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Apparently Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin were criticizing Fisher for not playing VY before the Jacksonville game. Someone made a thread on it, and I posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope
If Vince Young starts against New England, then his record is 2-1.

If Vince Young starts against Indianapolis, then his record is 2-2.

Should I keep going?

Sanders and Irvin are great players, but they need to keep their mouths closed on this one. VY is playing great, and is an upgrade over Collins. But, if Fisher started him before that J'Ville game, he's setting VY up to fail.

The biggest reason why the Titans are winning is because we have Finnegan, Hood, and Fuller in the secondary again, and we have Jason Jones healthy and pressuring QB's from the DT position. Without them, the DEF can't stop anybody, VY and CJ have to play from behind, and they're under more pressure to make a play because they have to in order to win - which would lead to mistakes.

The outcome of those games are the same regardless of who the QB is.
Then OILERMAN posted that I'm a football genius.

Another poster replied disagreeing, and I replied to him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanruss
yes please... keep going.

we had finny for the pitt game... and fuller. vince is obviously playing better than collins but he wouldn't have helped that game? you just discount him because you want to. you don't have to be a vince homer to see the team plays different on offense when he is in. nevermind the defense which everyone likes to bring up wasn't vince... but it's an amazing thing what extra rest will do for a defense.

we can speak in hypotheticals all day long.. but the fact remains we are 2-0 with vince and 0-6 with kerry. we were supposed to start vince until we started losing. we started losing in january of last year and it continued up until vince was put in the lineup.

the jets were not spectacular offensively and did little other than the gift points we gave them. a few more offensive conversions gets us a win.

you don't have to be a "vince homer" or "nutswinger" or a "crazie" to see that. you just have to open your mind/eyes and understand that if you change 1 variable - the answer to the equation can e dramatically different.

but then again, if you say his record doesn't change if he starts every game this season... well, i gues you MUST be right
Again with the agenda accusations. I love Vince Young. I own two jersies - an cheap, old Eddie George jersey and a $100+ Vince Young jersey. I wanted him to play when we started off poorly, but I'm not foolish enough to think that we're winning now just because VY is the QB. There were several reasons why the Titans were losing - Kerry Collins was one of them with his turnovers and poor passing efficiency. There are many reasons why the Titans are now winning - Vince Young is one of them with him not turning it over. By no means am I trying to discredit him, and to accuse me of that would be a mistake on your part.

First, the Pittsburgh, Houston, and Jets games were the first games of the season. To bench Collins three games into the season would have been a slight over-reaction. Could VY have won those games? It's certainly possible. But like you said, we could go into hypotheticals all day. Maybe the margin of defeat with VY at the helm is worse? No one knows for sure.

Next, there were the losses against Jacksonville, Indy, and New England. The defense was without Cortland Finnegan in all 3, without Vincent Fuller in all 3, without Nick Harper against NE and part of Indy, and without Jason Jones against J'Ville and Indy. No Rod Hood either, although he saw a little action in the NE blowout loss. With no pass-rush and rookie CB's, do you honestly expect Vince Young to win a shootout against Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or even David Garrard?

If you can't see that the past two games were far more advantageous to play QB in, then I can't help you. VY is doing awesome, but with the way our DEF had played earlier this season, it's hard to see us get wins in those games even with Peyton Manning at QB.
Then japan called that post of the year quality, which is kind've sad, lol.

I've got nothing but love for VY. He's exactly what the doctor ordered. But, Fisher made the right decision by not playing him. Can you imagine what a 59-0 loss to New England could've done to his confidence? He certainly could've helped in some of those games, but this was the best way for things to unfold, in my opinion. Fortunately, Bud gave Fish a nudge at just the right time, they were getting healthy on defense and had brought in a vet in Hood, and were coming off a bye week to get their crap together.

It really is uncanny how this has unfolded perfectly, not only in formula but in results.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:25 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

smitty and pitbull double team, day maker right there

props to TH for owning titancentral :D

anyone think CJ will go over 300 yards against buff?
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After a two year hiatus I've gotten my computer fixed and hope to be back and posting more!!!

Two in a Row!!!! So much for my dreams of getting Eric Berry

Random observations...McGrath played very well for Thorton on Sunday and seemed to bring some nice energy to the defense, the d-line has been getting to the QB which we haven't all season. Glad to see Finnegan back in the secondary knocking people around, talking $hit and taking picks back to the house. Hope and Griffin are playing well with some better corners in the lineup. As much as I dont like Vince Young, he is winning and not making mistakes, and seems to be very comfortable out there. We are starting to look like the Titans we all know and love, we are the ones begining to push people around and are playing with more energy, Vince was the right call at the right time to turn things around.

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
smitty and pitbull double team, day maker right there

props to TH for owning titancentral :D

anyone think CJ will go over 300 yards against buff?
TH pwned titans central? Gawd I hate those guys, just like the old Titans online message board and Go Titans. This site makes me happy.

as for the the Cj question...I hope so!!

Also are we the only team in the NFL that runs the option now?

Quote:
Old 11-10-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Titans10 is back too! It's a celebration bitches!
Old 11-10-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
same here. was the first game i was able to make it to this season. i think we should get the lion's share of the credit for starting the winning streak. just sayin
Oh yeah

Old 11-10-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
TH pwned titans central? Gawd I hate those guys, just like the old Titans online message board and Go Titans. This site makes me happy.

as for the the Cj question...I hope so!!

Also are we the only team in the NFL that runs the option now?
I think we are the only team that has ran the option more than once during a game, didn't we run it like 3 or 4 times last week. I remember a during young's rookie years we ran the option a few times with pacman on offense.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its good to see people back, spirits are high, Chris Johnson is a Pro Bowl candidate and arguably the best RB in the league now. Most explosive for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

CJ against the worst rush defense, i'm thinking another big day, i'm hoping i get some tickets to the game. Last we play the Bills it was a very intense game, young's big 40 yard TD run toward the end of the second half was great.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ - best RB in the leaugeeeeeeeeeeeee..*disappears*

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Justin Gage is out this week. Broken bones in his back apparently.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smitty posting FTW
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Justin Gage is out this week. Broken bones in his back apparently.
Guess who gets the start?

Lavelle Hawkins will be the #3 WR, so we'll see how that goes. I still expect to see a lot of CJ/LenWhale, though. Scaife will get more targets, and hopefully Jared Cook can get some targets too.

David Stewart fully practiced today. It looked like he was gonna miss another game, but he should be able to go now. If not, Leroy Harris played very well at RT - dude can probably play every position but LT.

David Thornton is still having problems with a chronic hip problem. Gerald McRath could start for the second straight game if Thornton can't go.

Finnegan is still hampered by his hammy, but hopefully he'll play again. We'll need him for Lee Evans and TO.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Guess who gets the start?

Lavelle Hawkins will be the #3 WR, so we'll see how that goes. I still expect to see a lot of CJ/LenWhale, though. Scaife will get more targets, and hopefully Jared Cook can get some targets too.
I really liked Lavelle Hawkins coming into the draft so I'm looking forward to seeing how does starting for you guys.

Question: What do you attribute to the supposed turn-around now that VY is on the field running the offense?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote