Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 11-21-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, the honeymoon is over with the defense. Neither Babin, Ball, Ford, nor Hayes can beat a double team. Skins ran max-protection practically all game, and McNabb was able to pick apart the secondary, which is also struggling. Jason Jones leaving early exacerbated the situation.

But, Kyle Shanahan owned Chuck Cecil last year, and he just did it again today. Still, if you prevent the opponent from scoring 20, then you should win the game. Team defeat today.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the problem with the defense and the reason we can't win big games, is because our players just don't play smart. That penalty by Babin was the stupidest **** you can pull at the end of the game, you just can't lose control of yourself like that and expect to win. Also I hope Fish is true to his word about shuffling the line-up. I just can't justify the fact that Chris Hope is allowed to play while Vincent Fuller is inactive. I also love Babin and I think he is our best pass-rusher at DE, but he needs to be made an example of for that dumb-ass penalty and at least benched a quarter or 2. Amano should probably be the warming seats too, but we really don't have anyone to replace him with. And IDK why we can't defend screen passes, short dump-offs and pitch plays.... that stuff isn't even supposed to be effective in the NFL. I gotta put the blame on Cecil and our Lbers on not being prepared. And last but not least...... 3 straight weeks of 100+ yard games by TE's? are you ******* kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I never thought I'd ever say this, but Chris Hope is becoming more of a liability at this point. Not sure putting McCourty at outside CB and moving Verner inside to NB in passing situations was a great move either. I'd prefer Verner to be outside where he can jump passes better.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

(on whether the small number of Randy Moss targets by Titans offense surprised him)

Definitely. When you have a running back like Chris Johnson and you have a receiver like Randy Moss, you feel like you canít double Randy Moss all the time because Chris Johnson will get off. You canít put eight in the box because Randyís going to get off. For those guys to really not utilize them like we anticipated, it was a little bit of a wrinkle that we didnít expect, but at the same time, I guess they ran what they felt they were comfortable with.

- DeAngelo Hall

*shakes head*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Pit Bull is online. Time for him to share his wisdom with us.

If he's RAGING like us, then I know my mindset is deserved.

/triplepost

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Him and Smitty! :)
Old 11-22-2010, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I guess its time to start loking forward to the NFL Draft because Kerry Collins and Rusty are not gonna lead us to the playoffs.

I think thereis a small chance Bud fires Jeff Fisher before Jeff cuts Vince.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean, the Titans worked out quarterbacks JT O'Sullivan and Brett Ratliff on today. In addition to Chris Simms. Simms will be signed.

The team also worked out wide receivers James Hardy, Reggie Brown, Yamon Figurs, and Jordan Kent.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Throw to Randy Moss.

Kthnxbai.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

We may not have a QB good enough to get it to him.

Oh, and VY was kicked out of the facility today. It's like McNair all over again.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

personally, i think vy is a giant vag and doesn't have the mental makeup to be a starting quarterback. i was at the game sunday and when the fans started to boo the playcalling and entire offense, he starts waving his arms in the air like a moron, egging it on, thinking everyone is booing him specifically. first off, the fact that he even acknowledges the boos should tell you that his mind ain't in the right place. he doesn't have thick skin and his fragile ego gets bruised too easily. secondly, he's so goddamn defensive about everything that he immediately assumes that they're directed at him and him only. like he said himself in an interview a few weeks back, its all about vince, vince, vince, vince. and THAT'S his problem.. in his head, it's always about him and he just can't ******* see past it.

i honestly wish we would just cut him and start over from scratch. i'm sick of having a qb that has the emotional stability of a teenage schoolgirl, and the intelligence of a rock. i'm also sick of having a qb that every time he takes a decent hit, he rolls around on the ground like he's about to have a limb amputated.

i would have alot more patience if we weren't FIVE YEARS into this crap. he's made strides when he's on the field, but it doesn't mean **** if he can't make the strides off the field, or if not, at least be tough enough stay ON the field consistently.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Well, at this point, we probably need to be discussing draftable QB's. We'd practically have to lose out to be in a position to draft a QB without trading up. I think Luck, Locker, and Mallett will all be Top 10 picks with multiple teams that need franchise QB's (Buffalo, Carolina, Minnesota, San Francisco, Oakland, and a buttload of others than have questions at the position). Now there's a chance that one guy can blow it, but as of now that's probably how it stands.

What are ya'lls stance on that? Luck is probably out of the question, so we're looking at probably trading up for Locker or Mallett if the coaches fall in love with one. Which do ya'll prefer? Would you rather wait and nab someone like Christian Ponder in the 2nd RD? What about Cam Newton in the 1st if he declares?

Personally, I'd kinda apathetic at this point. Not because I like VY and am incredibly frustrated that all this happens when he's running a QB rating in the high 90's, but also because I'm historically terrible at evaluating QB's, sooo. All that, and I think a QB coming in will be coming into the best situation possibly considering I believe Kenny Britt is becoming into a monster at WR, so I think any guy would do ok. I guess I'll go with Locker for right now.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest, I'm not very excited about this QB class outside of Luck.

I would trade lots-o-draft-picks and even some players to get into position to draft him.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK even know if I want to watch the game :/ to watch the game.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

So it's pretty obvious we're gonna lose out. Unfortunately a 5-11 record will get us nowhere close to drafting the only QB in this draft worth a damn. ****!
Old 11-28-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Peterson! or Bowers! WOOOOO

Neither is a need position but Peterson at SS or Bowers at DE would be epic.

Quote:
Old 11-28-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

And I don't see us winning another game either.... Maybe if Kerry comes back, but even then..... meh

Quote:
Old 11-28-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got to say, I think we could be on the way down...not the way up. Could be a rough few years to be a Titan's fan...again, thought we got over the recent hiccup and had years of prosperity ahead.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

We'll at least be competitive with Collins at QB, even if we don't win. I missed the game, but I lol'd at Andre Johnson and Finny getting into it again. At least Jason Jones didn't get unjustly ejected this time around.

This Fisher/VY controversy will sort itself out with how Fisher finishes the season. Now, as long as Rusty is the QB, there's no pressure on Fish. Having a rookie QB out there is a justified excuse for losing. But if he loses with Collins at QB, a guy he hand picked, then Adams will override him on bringing VY back. If Fisher is able to win without VY, then he has ground to stand on to fight against VY.

So it's kinda funny how the better our record is by season's end, the more likely we'll draft a new QB, and the worse it is, the less likely it is since VY will be seen by Adams as being too important.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any news on Johnson, was he knocked out of the game?
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

It would have been a good year not to suck because next year Peyton is gonna be Peyton again.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I hate arguing. I really do.

I'd much rather make someone laugh than make them feel stupid or angry.

I do love arguing with Njx though, but mostly because he can do so objectively and stoically, which makes me get soooo much more out of it.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

It's pointless to argue with certain people on this board. In this case the ones who are like "Finnefagz got his azzorz whuupped! He's teh worst corner everz! I really have no clue what the hell I'm talkin bout! Andre Johnson can do no wrong!!!!"
Old 11-29-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Yeah, but it's pretty easy to weed out the dumbasses this way. Doesn't take long for the pack mentality to set in and some guy who thinks he knows more than he does decides to chime in with some nonsense or ignorance.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I am on the verge of a serious MarioPalmer type freakout.

Quote: